Toy Fair 2012 Transformers Prime Images - First look at Powerizer Bulkhead

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Feb 11, 2012.

1. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    That Skyquake proto looks great but almost certainly those pointy toes will be removed.

I want to like these toys but they all seem like they are lacking in comparison to the toys that I have liked over the last year. It is like they have an economy of parts that goes a bit too far. The rest of my FE arrived at the post office today so at least I am not missing the good versions.

I am pretty sure that when I see these RID toys in person I will buy them all because I still want to support the show - that at least is really good. I just hope they are more impressive in person.

2. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

I love the deluxes that have been coming out so far. Cliff, wheeljack, soundwave etc are all sold. The voyagers are just lacking so much because of the powerizing gimmick. It only seems to look good on Megs

3. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bulkhead, while not the engineering feat the FE version was, is still okay. Like I said before, the main detractor is the fact that his chest is inaccurate. Since it's the biggest part of him, it SHOULD be more accurate. But if one gets rid of those panels behind his head and the ridiculous weapons, he looks... okay.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

^ I'm willing to bet that he's just mistransformed in both the promo shots and the photos from Toy Fair itself. I mean, there's just so many parts jutting out in random directions for no real reason...when transformed properly, it would probably look almost as good as the FE version, with the bonus of not having a huge hole in its chest.

5. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

A side from the chest,my biggest problem with Bulkhead is the awkward arm joints.

6. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    May as well share my thoughts on Bulkhead. He's not all bad. His legs for example seem as good or even better than the FE mold, with the slightly more accurate lower legs, thicker thighs, and wider set hips. Looking at how his "curling iron" arms seem slightly tilted, I'm guessing he's got a forearm swivel in addition to his bicep swivel, meaning that his arms can be oriented normally. The slightly smaller hands seem like they are actually more accurate to the character model than the FE mold, and the black shoulder pads are a major plus.

Now on to the negatives. Overall his proportions are too stretched out and tall compared to the character model, mostly in the torso and the too-skinny arms. The headsculpt doesn't seem as nice as the FE and the car panels on the back are a shame. Regarding the chest, I really hope it's somehow mounted to a hidden panel that would allow it to swing up and over the windshield, simultaneously revealing a more accurate stomach (not holding my breath on that though). And if those opaque green windows are final it will be a monumental disappointment (Hasbro cans the FE mold to create one that fits in with a gimmick involving clear plastic, and yet the new mold has solid green plastic where the windows on his robot mode's chest go? I mean, WHAT?). Not even gonna comment on the weapons.

Overall I have no regrets about ordering the Takara FE Bulkhead as it is the clear winner by my standards and worth the extra money, but I probably would have begrudgingly gotten the RID mold otherwise and had an ok time with it.

7. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

No FE toy is ever going to be worth the extra money they cost at this point to me, not till I have a steady job. Till then, the RID version's the only one I'll ever consider.

8. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Knockout is sure 1 badass that i must get for the Cons

9. caked-up

caked-up Well-Known Member

I think the cyberverse Knock Out is going to be the one I pick up for my collection. I am fairly certain that the revealer version is mistransformed, but even then I can't seem to find any way to fix the problem with what we are able to see in these pictures.

10. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    The truth about RID is that THEY DON'T CARE HOW ACCURATE/INACCURATE IT IS. They are kids toys at the end of the day, and the average kid doesn't care how "accurate" a toy is. Granted, we like accurate on occasion, so if we have to pay for the better one, you know we will...

11. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly.

I swear my 3 year old cousin thinks Batman & Spiderman are the same people... so there was no way I was gonna argue when he tried to say the same about Optimus Prime & Optimus Primal hhaa.

12. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I'd rather them skimp on something that iss an easy fix than something I can't do anything about. plus adding sharpie to figures adds a level of enjoyment to my figures. when I buy them now,I look forward to the opportunity.

13. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

I'm absolutely gutted after seeing this showing from Hasbro at the Toy fair. I was originally really looking forward to shelling out my cash for the First Edition Prime, and upon hearing it had been cancelled was hoping there was going to be something out worthy of a replacement. But after seeing both the new leader and voyager versions, it looks like I won't be getting a decent Prime this year, or pretty much any of the figures that Hasbro will be releasing this year.

Shit, maybe I'm growing up... Oh dear, god No!!!

14. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But *COUGH*... still needs yellow wheels.

15. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    There's this hot new thing called Sharpies , I hear they're all the rage now.

16. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
  17. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I... had Megs in my hands but I had to put him back. When ever ido buy him I wll have to repaint him.

18. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Is that a deluxe Ironhide for prime?

I don't remember seeing that before.

19. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It is, but it was front paged a while ago here.

20. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Repaint,not again from Hasbro