Toy Fair 2012 Transformers Prime Images - First look at Powerizer Bulkhead

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Feb 11, 2012.

1. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Thank you for the news and pics!

Starscream...

Very close. I will buy it. But I'll wait for the Takara paint deco to be sure...

The baby blue, white (light grey) and purple for arms kill it for me...

The colors are looking aweful with these Hasbro figs...

Come on Takara! Make this figure look good! Please!!!

Both FE OP and Bulkhead are amazing figures!!!

2. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Voy Megs...

I agree.

We can only hope Takara produces the fig. And paints it better...

Nice mold. Crappy jet, but its the best big Megs so far...

3. Victory Liner

Victory Liner Well-Known Member

I am definitely getting Arcee Ratchet and Voyager Starscream. I am passing on the leader and the new Bulkhead I'm happy with my FE version I just don't like the Mech Tech weapon

4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I'm waiting for the Takara Starscream as well along with the other Voyagers. My main hope is that they won't use the translucent plastic seeing as how they aren't doing the Powerizer gimmick.

The Microns will just be a sweet bonus after that.

5. courtdevil

courtdevil Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus Maximus is the most impressive.
    And honestly, I am a bit tired on Bumble bee now.

6. Victory Liner

Victory Liner Well-Known Member

Wow what a lot of awesome Ironhide is very Nice Dreadwing looks like a repaint of Skyquake wonder if he is like that in the show

7. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

They all look great I'll probably buy most of em

8. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I would have to say that my biggest issue with RID Bulkhead is the chest. In robot mode his headlights end up on his waist, the windshield is on his chest and I have no idea what those flaps that stick out of his back are supposed to be. Totally inaccurate.

Show screen cap here: Prime-Con-Job-003.jpg - Transformers Prime - Episode 08 - Con Job - TFW2005.COM

Whereas most of RID Powerizer Prime's accuracy issues were on his back, Bulkhead's are right there on the front of the figure, as plain as day to see.

So yeah...I'm unsure about this one. I hope I'm wrong and it's just mistransformed, but I really don't see how those parts can end up in the right spots on this one. At least with Knockout we can see how the shoulders, chest and waist are supposed to be configured.

9. SquirtleSquad7

SquirtleSquad7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That Arcee looks really interesting. The bike mode looks better than the FE. I guess what will sell me on that will be size comparisons with other figures.

But, that bulkhead... What the hell?! -_____-

10. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    damn bulkhead sucks

11. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Urgh that Bulkhead just looks horrible, it's going to have to be FE or bust by the looks of things.

12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cyberverse Ironhide has me excited for the deluxe although I do wish he was gonna be a Voyager instead, ah well.

13. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

The RID figures I do have are pretty awesome. I'll give them a chance and I really think Bulkhead's chest panels are still mistransformed or just positioned awkwardly. He doesn't look too shabby haha. I'm excited for this line.

14. Heavynova

Heavynova Oh, the nostalgia...

Yeah, easy fix, but not really the point.
    I mean, how difficult would it be for Hasbro to TRY and make this figure at least LOOK screen accurate?

Eh. Looks like I'm gonna have to get myself some Sharpies.

15. kookookajew

kookookajew Well-Known Member

wow. Hot shot looks really nice!

Ratchet doesn't look as bad as I thought either. Voyager Starscream looks pretty good too (his face looks a little more accurate than the deluxe).

Bulkhead...... why .. They gave him that giant ass useless gimmick wrecking ball which made his budget for transformation go straight down the toilet. That figure looks fucking terrible.

I dont see why people think knock out is so bad .. but whatever. I'm buying him.

16. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not trying to tell you what you should like and what you shouldn't like.. but not every figure has the light up gimmick, megatron is a great looking figure, hasbro has said that they're probably going to rerelease the first editions when all is said and done, so you'll be able to pick up the better bulkhead. i'm sure you wouldn't be willing to give RiD cliffjumper a try, but besides his forearms, he's a really cool toy. soundwave looks great, as does deluxe ratchet.. plus the photos of the skyquake prototype look incredible, so there's that to look forward to.

as for starscream, other than his (which can easily be painted silver) and the outer sides of his feet.. he's far more accurate. the chest is way more accurate, both sets of wings on his back are more accurate, he's got the single missile rather than the ugly missile pod that the first edition comes with, his shoulders are way more accurate, and his head looks much better.

i actually quite like his jet mode.. granted he's got an underside.. but other than the terradive mold, most transforming jets do. and this one is no better or worse than the deluxe starscreams underside.. however, with the voyager, the top of the jet is way better looking, and far more accurate.

and like i said, i can't tell you what to like and what not to, but i personally like what we've seen, besides RiD voyager prime and bulkhead, i'm sold on the line. i'm not sure if you have wheeljack or not, but he's not just "remotely" good.. he is incredibly awesome.

17. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ditto. because of his vehicle mode his shoulders weren't going to be able to have that rounded look.. but if they cheated and had fake ones and a fake chest, people would complain about the kibble too. so it was a lose lose situation from the start.

but i'm definitely getting him, i love his vehicle mode.

18. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    WOW I am in love with that Voyager Starscream! I don't mind the weapon because I put them in a box and never touch em again. This figure looks so accurate.

19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm suprised that no one's commenting on how the RID Arcee and Vehicon look much better then their FE versions! Has anyone already forgotten them?

20. SonWukong

SonWukong Well-Known Member

Oh No!!!! What did you guys do to Bulkhead! His chest looks like crap, and his mace arm?! Noooooooo! (T_T)

Now that I got that that out the way, Arcee and Starscream do look really good. I'll just have to toss the silly weapons. Those two are bought on sight for me.