Toy Fair 2012 Hasbro Event Live

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Feb 11, 2012.

1. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    At least his hands are compatible with 5mm weapons.

2. cuters

cuters Diabolist

no new g1 classic,s that makes me sad was really hoping for trailbreaker well hasbro will make at least 20 bucks from me this year i will be getting shockwave

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    what a letdown this toyfair was for me

4. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    40 Generations figures next year?

Prime FE potentially being released in late 2012?

Hells yes. Kind of sucks that the Movie Trilogy line is only going to be Asia exclusive, though that might mean Australia gets them.

5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    From what I saw here today, I think I'm not gonna buy anymore Transformers for a while.

6. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Hasbro have pulled the fobbing off trick before you say you will release something to the fans that they can't find then later and then it either shows up in discount stores if your lucky or not at all and if not at all they hope people have got over it by then.

I think The FE thing will be a sore point for along time though.

7. Icespark

Icespark A Spark in the Darkness

News Credits:
    40 Generations figures next year? I wonder what they plan to release, let alone how I'm going to afford it all. If they're all deluxe, that's $400 right off the bat!

With the way Hasbro does case ratios, how will they get out 40 in one year, let alone avoid having half of them get canceled, or never show up, like Reflector from Perceptor?

I'm excited, but attempting to keep my expectations in check, as I've learned to do from many lessons past.

On the other hand, Death's Head is long over-due, and something I eagerly anticipate! Hopefully, the other Marvel-based important characters, like Circuit Breaker and G.B. Blackrock, also manage to get figures!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Christ guys. I'm a little disappointed, but overall there's some good, some bad. But most of you guys are acting like this is a funeral, with even good news distrusted.

I think Hasbro badly underestimated how much consumer goodwill and trust it fumbled by junking FE and the end of DotM. I mean, it feels like close to a third of what they showed at the last BotCon was pure trolling. :lol 

If there is ANY truth to what they are saying, then it sounds like we ourselves have underestimated the splash that Generations had. If 2012 is the Year of Prime, 2013 sounds like the Year of Generations.

9. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I wonder if that "40 Generation figures" is actually through next year, ecncompassing the rest of this year and all of next year. 40 is a lot in just one year.

10. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    They might mean Fiscal year to fiscal year and the next fiscal year starts soon. so 40 sometime in the next 14 Months seems to be the suggestion but there's probably some release creep on that so what it really means is probably 40 before the next Movie line comes out in anticipation of 2013/2014 or whenever they release the next one.

And i'd not exclude that 40 number including some repacks or repaints too. as it looks like they are counting some of the Botshots twice too such as the Trailered sets and grey wheels Bumblebee being sold in two different ways but they seem to be the same toys.

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    But I think that is some people's point. How excited are we supposed to get about even the stuff that looks or sounds good here, when thanks to recent events, it can start to feel like it's a crap shoot as to whether Hasbro will even bother to release them?

12. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah SouthTown, that's why I mentioned the "fumble." They can't win back trust without demonstrating that they can deliver. We already KNOW they have great ideas over there, it's their distribution that is screwed.

Surprised there's not more mention of the Cyberverse reveals, which arguably smashed some hopes. Many of us already knew about the RotF Sideways repaint into Mirage, which is an epic troll...but I think Hasbro may have topped it by releasing a repainted DotM Soundwave as Prime Legion Soundwave. You guys who wanted to collect a complete and reasonably accurate cast in Cyberverse? That can't happen now...sorry folks! Oh, and all those Dreadwing rumors absolutely CRASH to a halt if he's a repainted Skyquake. Unless MECH spiffs up Skyquake's insubstantial dead zombie body. :lol 

Ok, TFW friends. I couldn't read every page of this thread in a timely fashion, so does someone know what is up with this?

I presume these aren't new molds or people would be freaking out...so, redecos of DotM molds? Sold in ride gift shop? Because the Movie Trilogy line is another big batch of Asian exclusivity.

13. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Well that wasn't as great as it could have been but still some decent reveals. Voyager starscream is fantastic, foc figures bar prime are very nice. Cmdr Ironhide looks good too but will be waiting for the deluxe.

Everything else we'd either already seen or I don't care about, sadly that includes Optimus maximus which is just ridiculous. Rid bulkhead is a real mess though, money saved there.
    Shame they didn't show rid breakdown or spider bitch but there's always botcon for those.
    Very surprised they didn't show skyquake given that we'd already seen him!

14. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Movie Mirage in Cyberverse = Movie toy
    Movie Evac in Cyberverse = Movie toy
    Movie Soundwave in Cyberverse = Prime toy?

Seems legit.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    What does it matter? You'll all still buy whatever toys you see that you like, so what difference does it make?

16. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    Hasbro Rep #1 Fans are really really mad about the FE Cancelation
    Hasbro Rep #2 hmmm what can we say that will avoid fan outrage at toyfair?
    Hasbro Rep #1 Lets tell them 40 new Generations in 2013
    Hasbro Rep #2 GREAT IDEA!!!

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Hasbro Rep #1 But then, what will we tell them in 2013 when none of that happens?
    Hasbro Rep #2 Eh, that's a year away. We'll let our replacements worry about that when the time comes.

18. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Your constant pessimism is pretty annoying. If it's just you trying to be funny, well...don't quit your day job.

19. Starparu

Starparu Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any more News/Pics or is this all we are going to get ?

-Star

20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    His pessimism is warranted because it's true. You may not like it, but he's allowed to say it.