Totally Confused on the new class names

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ravage101, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

This "revealer" class of TFP figures is the worst! They look a step below as far as quality and design. Look at FE Vehicon and Bumble Bee and then look at the same characters for the "revealer" class; total rubbish!!!

So are we still getting deluxes as we are used to in the FE's or was that series all we are going to get for the TFP line?

Is "Revealer" a totally separate subline of TFP and we are still getting Deluxes and voyagers like we are used to?

The drastic change and quality degradation in the TFP line is so much like the DOTM line...in the HFTD line (the best movie line PERIOD) gave us promise of amazing figures in DOTM and then we got "MechCrap!" The TFP First Editions showed us what the designers could do and damn those toys look so freaking amazing, the rest of the line is rolled out and it's "revealers". I don't get it!

I really hope "reavelers are just some off shoot of simpler toys for simpler minds and deluxes and voyagers continue for the rest of us!

2. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Packages still say Deluxe on them.

Revealers was probably the product of overzealous marketing execs at either Hasbro UK or Argos.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Revealer Vehicon is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the first edition one bro. He actually has a silhouette and a fairly kibbleless back. Everything else, yeah it's disappointing.

And FYI, they're deluxes.

4. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Yet you don't own any of these Revealers and you have already made a decision. You forgetting Wheeljack and Soundwave? I honestly have not heard a single bad word about them.

5. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

I like intricate detail...look at the FE Bumble Bee vs the Revealer version. FE looks like it walked off of the TV screen and the Revealer well looks less developed. Just the hing joint on BBs neck on revealer looks bad. These new toy just look too simple. Look at Cliff jumper...all of those ugly holes really?!?! FE Cliff just looks so much nicer.

It is just disappointing. Before I was never jazzed about Prime toys and then I saw the reviews and was impressed at how well they made these toys. Bee Cliff and Vehicon were just outstanding. A lot of nice fine touches. Then I am seeing these reviews on the step-down versions and I couldn't believe my eyes.

I like good engineering and detail. From the movie line Battle Blades Bee still out does anything from DOTM...it's like instead of going beyond the amazing work on the toys from HFTD, the designers went backwards. Well these Revealers look the same way. Compare the video review of Cliff jumper FE and the one one for the revealer version, you'll see what I am talking about.

Now as far as soundwave and wheeljack.. they look alright but I can't help thinking what if these were made to the same high standards as FE figures :/

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    What the heck is "revealer", anyway?

7. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    The kibble is all on the arms and legs now. Not much better.

8. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Speaking as someone who actually has the toys you're talking about - they are. You're wrong/exagerating/mis-informed.

The three repeats deluxe-wise are Bee, Cliff and the Vehicon. Out of these Bee is probably worse, Cliff on the line and the Vehicon seems better than backpack dude, but we won't know for sure. That's not a terrible record. Voyagers are a slightly diferent story,since they seem gimmick focussed, which is a pity, but out of the two we've seen, Prime is a bit dissapointing and Megatron is fine. gain, not a bad track record.

I actually didn't see the name 'revealer' on any of the packaging - I suspect that was over-eager Hasbro Uk gimmick selling, and Argos mis-understanding.

Point is, you need to relax and stop dramatising stuff till you're in a position to talk about it.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm comparing FE Vehicon to Revealers Vehicon, and the FE looks like the legends upscaled. Your entire post is invalid.

"Powerizers" is the stupidest fucking thing I have ever had the misfortune of laying my eyes apon, though. "Fuck real words lets name lines after words my five-year-old made up!" -Bootleg, the confused Hasbro employee.

Except it's not. There's the fenders and wheels on the shoulders (which both the FE and CGI model have, in fact the FE just leaves the wheels on the elbows for no reason), doors on the arms (like the FE but smaller) and the front fenders and headlights on the legs. (very thin, mind you, not removing from the overal proportions and the FE still has more kibble there in form of the wheels just sorta hanging off) It also has a smaller torso, longer limbs, no backpack, bigger gun and looks like the actual CGI model it's representing.

And there's no denying the silhouette is greatly improved. If you seriously think the FE is more accurate based only on the outline of the figures, you are blind. The FE is stubby and boxy, the Revealer is sleek and tall. There's no denying that. What do Vehicons look like it the show? Exactly. Sleek and tall.

10. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I think revealers, and powerizer is the dumbest, sillyest, stupid name I've heard of to describe something, let alone class size. Dumb.

I'm not a guy that going to buy a lot of tfp stuff. Mainly the cyberverse. None of this stuff interests me...the class names are a turn off...seeing voyager Megatron cemented my positioning on this line...that thing is garbage. The whole thing is a big turn off for me. I just don't see anything here that makes me excited or wanna spend money on.

Except cyberverse. I think that cyberverse Megatron is the ONLY TFP Megatron toy, that ACTUALLY looks like him. I will buy cyberverse stuff...all the other stuff, they can keep.

11. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wth is up with FE? Whaddya guys mean?

12. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    First Edition.

13. Dark Hayabusa

Dark Hayabusa Well-Known Member

revealer= hasbro has a lot of spare blue paint

14. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:

What?

15. Dark Hayabusa

16. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
  17. Dark Hayabusa

Really? Oh, I had no idea. I guess it's just soundwave they dropped in the blue bucket

18. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

But Soundwave is supposed to be blue... :rolleyes2 

19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Wow, a character who's all blue in the show gets a toy that's.... *gasp* ALL BLUE!

I would have never guessed.

FYI, paint =/= plastic.

20. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just want my Revealer class Knockout.

If you see where this is going...