Torn between Botcon Slicer and Dark Energon Wheeljack for SG collection.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prime-Directive, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Prime-Directive

Prime-Directive Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I am still building upon my Shattered Glass collection as its my most collected series next to Classics now that the movie-verse figures are on hold till the next film, I currently have 19 Shattered Glass figures 8 Autobots and 11 Decepticons, and lately I have been thinking of getting the Botcon Slicer as my SG Wheeljack seeing as he was already re-purposed as the character in the comics, but I am not a fan of the figure to be honest due to it being so old, no good articulation and not very bad ass, but then I started thinking, why not get the Dark Energon Wheeljack and some SG Autobot symbol sticker sheets? In the end hes more of a SG WheelJack then the Botcon Slicer is due to being in the Slicer deco as well as having the actual name, so no hard character re-purposing there, but then I'm still not sure as its not what he actually looks like in the fiction, but its also such a good looking figure and with those sword, very menacing to go on the Evil Autobots team, my question is, for the ones who have one added to your SG collection, what did you go with and if you don't have either of them, what would you choose as your SG Wheeljack? Might help me come to my conclusion, thanks. :) 

2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got Botcon Slicer as my SG Wheeljack. I never considered using Dark Energon Wheeljack, but truth is, I'd probably still go with Slicer. There are other Unicron Trilogy-mold figures in SG, but no Prime-mold figures, so I feel like Slicer fits in better than Dark Wheeljack would. Also, Dark Wheeljack would need slight modding (the SG stickers), whereas Slicer already has a purple Autobot symbol. No modding necessary. He was made with the clear intent to be SG Wheeljack, and the other guy was not.

3. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't collect Shattered Glass and I'm not really familiar with the fiction, but I'd go with Dark Energon Wheeljack if I had to choose one. He's easier to acquire and I prefer the new mold. That's just me, it really depends on what you want. I know Slicer is actually in the comics as SG Wheeljack, so if it'll bother you that it's not the same guy, just go with Slicer for fiction accuracy. Hope I was helpful. :eek: 

4. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    Slicer looks pretty cool, but that mold has some serious drawbacks. the Wheeljack mold on the other hand is really great.

Ultimately, it's your own call on which will fit in better with the rest, and how much you're willing to spend.

5. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

I am personally going for the DE Wheeljack to use as Slicer in my classics. Cheaper to acquire, the mold personally looks better and is more poseable than the Unicron saga 'Jack mold.

But if you have other SG figures that utilize the Unicron molds and have the cash to spare, then why not for BC Slicer as it would then fit better.

Rereading this, I wonder if I helped at all lol.

6. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    In terms of aesthetics I would go Botcon Slicer since he fits more closely with the other figures released already.

Although in terms of availability I would go DE Slicer since he is the cheaper alternative. If I were in your situation I'd get DE Slicer maybe not as a permanent fixture, but as a place holder until you decide. This way you can have a Slicer for your collection until you either decide your happy with the selection or find a good price your willing to pay for Botcon Slicer.

7. Prime-Directive

Prime-Directive Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Normally I don't go for straight up repaints but that Wheeljack just looks to nice to me, I will see if any Botcon Slicers are going cheap enough and try get both and then make my call from there, but ultimately I think Botcon Slicer does fit the theme better even if its not the greatest looking toy, thanks for your opinions. :)