Top Optimus Prime Figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheIronBot, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    1. MP-10 Convoy
    2. G1 God Ginrai (or for sentimental reasons, Powermaster Optimus Prime)
    3. G1 Optimus Prime (or Diaclone Battle Convoy for me)
    4. Transformers GT Optimus Prime
    5. ROTF Buster Optimus Prime
    6. Animated deluxe Cybertronian Mode Optimus Prime
    7. Oversized Wei Jiang M-01 Commander
    8. Evasion Mode Optimus Prime - Rusty version
    9. MakeToys Striker Manus
    10. CR Super Fire Convoy - never owned this but I adore how it looks.

All the best
    Maz

2. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1st Edition Voyager Prime Optimus if my Favorite Prime at the moment. But in general I like that sort of size so I also like Laser Prime & The base robot of Cybertron Prime as well.

What I like about those is that they do stuff as well as look nice.

If I include 3rd party & KO's lots of other options present themselves though. I may change to the Voyager scale FOC KO being my favorite if I'm lucky enough to get a decent one. I'm sure MP-10-V is very nice too but I don't own him yet. or any MP-10 variation for that matter.

--

I do like just messing about with the Legends Class & Legion Class Optimus toys though. I used to like the G2 Hero Prime toy too - not played with him for a while mind - I should fish him out again.

3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Not in any particular order:

G2 Laser Rod Optimus Prime - THE best Optimus Prime figure for many years, not to be surpassed by a mainline Optimus Prime figure for a long time. Fully articulated, excellent auto-transforming tanker base. Sculpt was good, gimmick integration was excellent. Not a hollow figure. While the RTS deluxe Laser Prime had better articulation in some areas(not all), it was smaller and was hindered in other areas(like the knees not being able to bend 90 degrees) and the alt mode wasn't as good. Titans Return voyager Optimus looks decent but is hollow in some areas. It says a lot for a mainline figure from over 20 years ago to be unsurpassed(completely) even now.

MP-10 - Great figure, seemed to emphasize the action figure aspect more than transformable toy aspect...more on that later. Balances and poses much better than MP-01.

MP-01 - Also a great figure, seemed to emphasize the transformation moreso than being an action figure. Great heft and shelf-presence. Serious look, as if meant to wage war.

Cybertron leader Optimus Prime - excellent Optimus figure even 10 years later. Big size to begin with before adding armor. Love the battle mask gimmick and the matrix chamber. The styling is futuristic and exactly what I wanted from a modernized take on G1 Optimus(the figure isn't G1 but is inspired by it).

Transformers Prime 1st Edition Optimus Prime - One of the last Seibenaler designs and one of the best mainline Optimus Prime figures, especially in voyager scale. Sculpt is great. It's just a damn shame it was a store exclusive, therefore a chore to find(at least for me, I only saw it a handful of times).

DOTM Striker Optimus Prime - I LOVE the gunmetal grey that Takara sculpted much of this toy in. Very fitting. Of all the movie Optimus figures, this is one of the best. It stands out due to the gunmetal, sure there are other version of Striker Optimus, but they are shiny in comparison. Striker NAILED the movie look.

• Like Like x 1