Top 5 worst movies you've ever seen...

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hiraga, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Mars Attacks, Moulan Rouge, The Wiz, Stephen Speilbergs "War of the Worlds", And.... as much as I REALLY tried to like it and defend it...." The last Airbender"

2. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Joe Dirt, Mystery Men, Star Wars Episodes 1-3, The Hulk, Talladega Nights

3. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh man, every cliche' in the book is in there! When the kid ran off on his own and got cornered by the bad guys, I was joking how his guardian would jump in the way just in time to take an arrow for him. Not more than 2 seconds after I said that, IT HAPPENED!!! We were laughing so hard!

4. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

The inferior OT is a little better than Battlefield Earth, the superior prequels not even a contest.

5. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Eragon sucked, but I give it some credit because Jeremy Irons is made of solid awesomeness combined with excellent acting skills and wrapped up on a cool voice.

6. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I think the combined running times of Eyes Wide Shut and Magnolia are long enough to qualify them as the 5 worst movies I've ever seen. Interesting that both of them feature Tom Cruise.

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I liked War of the Worlds :( 

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    1. Scary Movie 1-4/Diaster Movie/Meet the Spartans/Date Movie/Superhero Movie/Epic Movie/Vampires Suck
    2. The entire Twilight Saga
    3. All Saw Movies
    4. Batman and Robin
    5. Shrek the 3rd
    6. Hulk
    7. Knowing
    8. GI Joe: Rise of Cobra
    9. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
    10. The Room. :p 

I usually skip many bombs. Also i have never seen Troll 2.

9. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    :lol 

10. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

In order from worst to least worst:
    1) The Rocky Horror Picture Show (I hate musicals and the rest of the movie was terrible too)
    2) The Social Network (nothing happened for 2 whole hours and Eisenberg never once made a facial expression, much like whatshername from Twilight - how can it be considered acting if you don't move your face when speaking?)
    3) Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (I don't think I need to qualify this one)
    4) Transformers: Dark of the Moon (the Space Race/Moon concept was fantastic, too bad they didn't do anything with it)
    5) Shrek (nothing but terrible jokes and Mike Myers' lame Fat Bastard voice)

11. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't forget Vanilla Sky. The movie was so many levels of awful.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Speed Racer - I made it up to the part where the kid and the monkey parody Japanese animation, and then I had to turn it off. This movie is currently one of my active definitions for "GOD AWFUL". I mean really, yeah the visuals were cool and all plus the characters sorta looked okay, but the script and pacing...terrible, just terrible. The opening race scene was okay...until people started flying out of cars in bubbles...and the stupid flashbacks interrupting the flow of the race...maybe if I was high on LSD or something the movie might be watchable because of all the bright, happy colors and the drugs making me ignore the atrocious plot.

Green Hornet - This movie went wrong in SO many places. The main character was a total asshole who does amazingly stupid crap because he thinks its cool (like pretending to be bad guys while really being good guys simply because they wanted to, and I'm SURE this is NOTHING like the reason why the actual Green Hornet and Kato pretended to be bad guys), Kato did everything, and I mean EVERYTHING that involved actually being awesome or doing heroics (like being some super-secret martial arts master, super-brained mechanic, and kick-ass coffee maker), yet the main character not only takes some of the credit of saving people but isn't exactly nice to Kato at all, and the parts of the movie designed to be in 3D are so obvious it actually looks worse in 2D. I only lasted maybe 30 minutes into it before turning it off, and to add insult to injury I honestly thought the bad guy was the coolest character in the movie and wanted him to kill the "Hero" for simply being a douche. Heck, the Mythbusters special was more entertaining than the actual movie, not to mention proved Seth couldn't come up with any rationale for everything the Black Beauty did other than "Kato knew that this would happen, so..." or something that meant Kato was the mary sue of the movie.

Peter Jackson's King Kong- The beginning of it was alright, but it got REALLY stale towards the middle and only went downhill after that. The critics raved about how awesome the titular ape was, but he doesn't show up until halfway through the movie, and then when the captain comes to save everybody the second time, there's a bit where a guy with his eyes closed is firing a machine gun at a guy covered in bugs, and shoots EVERY ONE OF THE BUGS off the guy without killing him. With his eyes closed. The ending is also amazingly bad.

That old Spielburg "A.I." film- Thankfully I don't remember much about this one, it was years ago, but I do remember it involved a disturbing amount of people stabbing hands to prove somebody was a robot (one of these cases was with a kid doing the stabbing, no less), the mother abandoning the robot kid in the middle of the forest, some kind of robot torture carnival (with facemelting robots), and an almost literal Deus ex Machina involving aliens for no apparent reason whatsoever. And not ONCE throughout the whole film did I feel any attachment to the robot kid. Oh, and the supercomputer avatar towards the end of the movie also looked like Brains from DOTM, too, although I can't have known that at the time.

Unknown - This movie feels like a more "realistic" take on the classic cheesy 80's flick "Total Recall". Except without all the rediculous sci-fi details that made the movie so awesome (three boobed alien hooker and exploding robot taxis, for example). Or any action scene at all except for a really quick fight at the end. In fact, it's probably the most boring "thriller" movie I've ever seen which kind of defeats the point of being a thriller in the first place.

Honorable mention: Spiderman 3. EVERYBODY seemed to be a douche in this one, not to mention I felt making Sandman be the supposed "sympathetic villain" really failed after revealing it was the same guy who killed Peter's father in cold blood.

13. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

No, I liked it too. I think a lot of people felt cheated by the ending, but it has a truly great atmosphere. This was back before M. Night pissed it all up the wall. I wish he'd come back with a good film.

I'm aware that on this board it's easy to seem hyperbolic when voicing one's distaste of ROTF or indeed Michael Bay, however I'm being quite honest when I say for me it's easily the worst movie I've seen in the last decade - and I've watched The Happening. I just find everything about it dull and stupid and overblown and boring and utterly without merit, apart from a few very nifty sequences where cars turn into robots (this doesn't happen nearly enough actually).

Of course this puts me in a dangerous minority. As does liking The Village I suspect :wink: 

14. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    You're right! I think there is just enough room to cram in Vanilla Sky, making that, Eyes Wide Shut and Magnolia the 5 worst movies I've ever seen.

15. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

Vanilla Sky is abysmal.

I'm not sure I'd like to sit through Magnolia again, but maybe that's the point. It's kind of...exhausting. I don't think it's a bad film though, merely very, very heavy going.

Surely the Tom Cruise 'c*nt' scene is worth watching :D 

16. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've got two worst movie lists. One represents the movies that are so bad I can't have fun with them. The other one represents the movies that I can have fun with.

Top 5 Worst Movies that bore me to tears:

1. Batman Forever
    2. Godzilla (American Remake)
    3. Cars
    4. Madagascar
    5. Shark Tale

Top 10 Worst Movies that are so bad they are awesome:

1. Batman and Robin
    2. X-Men 3
    3. Spider-Man 3
    4. Terminator 3
    5. Matrix Revolutions