Top 5 things you DON'T want in Tf3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ceasar121, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I don't really see why Unicron is undoable, effects wise. He'd be no more complicated then, say, the Nerada from Star Trek '09, even in robot mode, there's not really a need to make him as over the top detailed as Devastator.

2. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    It is pissing all over my sense of escapism, when I'm watching a film about Transformers, I should be able to reasonably expect that the greater acts of heroism should be performed by a chap who calls himself Optimus Prime.

And frankly, if you want to mention laws of physics, how about the one that more or less states when you are dead, as a human, you stay dead. If I can have a magic device bring Even Steven's back to life, then I see no reason to not be able to have some kind of kinetic shielding for the Transformers.

If I want to watch a film about soldiers doing what they do, Steven Speilberg was responsible for this absolute gem of a movie called 'Saving Private Ryan'. An exemplary film about duty, sacrifice and courage.

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Wanting Optimus Prime to be the hero instead of the military why that's being silly.

That's like saying you want Spiderman to stop Doc Ock, Batman to stop the Joker, or Superman to stop Lex Luther. None of those villains are bullet proof so it would have been so much more exciting to have some random cop just shoot them in back of the head.

But yea there are loads of great films out there about human military heroes so in one of the few films about robotic heroes I'd actually like the robots to be the heroes. I go to super hero films to see the super hero stop the bad guys because if I wanted to see the cops stop the bad guys there are plenty of good cop movies I could have watched instead.

4. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    In no order:

1. Sex jokes
    2. Sam's Parents
    3. Skids and Mudflap
    4. Wheelie
    5. Re-used footage

5. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    What the heck:

In no particular order:

1) Armoured Gauntlets
    2) Carly
    3) Those rubbish airport fire engines.
    4) Rally cars decked out with guns or something equally silly.
    5) Shockwave

Should be pretty safe about these five, right guys? Haven't been keeping up with the spoilers, but - seriously now - who would put these sucky things into a movie?

6. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I suppose anything is doable, but imagine a colorful ant and a human standing against a black background. Take a picture of the humans entire body, then in said picture try and find the ant. Now imagine that in an action movie. It's hard enough sometimes to see the combat between similarly sized combatants... imagine this on the Unicron scale, in live action with no mass shifting.

If I'm doing a movie, when Unicron appears, the planet is Unicrons power, and contains his spark (which would exist like vector sigma). Unicron would manifest himself in a physical form, which would refer to himself as Straxus. It bots would keep finding ways to subdue Straxus, yet he would continue to appear. In the climax they would find out that his spark is within the Planet Destroyer and would have to travel there to extinguish it.

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Gee, maybe because this thread is proof just about all of us had a problem with it?

Hey look - I'm a Stunticon!

8. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    As I see it, the hyper-detail would disappear in the distance. The only time you would see it would be in close-up.

Why would you even try? What's the point?

9. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    Well if you gotta change something from what its most fondly remembered, you have to make it badass. I don't mind Unicron, I just think he needs to be manageable. I have a feeling we'll see him in a live action series in the next 15 years... how he will be presented, IDK.

10. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    The problem is that you still insist on being able to see a full body Transformer in robot mode being visible in the same frame as a full bodied Unicron.

I really can't imagine why you keep insisting seeing that.

Maybe if you explain why someone absolutely, positively MUST see both in the same frame, then maybe I can comprehend what it is you are trying to convey.

11. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    Probably because a director is not going to pick a villain so large that while zoomed in you can only see one part of the villains body. It works in games like God of War, where you actually control the action and so it's engaging, but it's like showing the heros fighting against an obstacle course. I mean a good movie has a climatic battle, and this would result in at least 5-10 minutes of autobots running the equivalent of an obstacle course. That's a huge wimper to end a movie. Now if you have Autobots fighting something Devastator sized or a bit larger, it's epic because you can see the villain and heros blows to each other.

If he transforms, he needs to transform into something that resembles a large lifeform, otherwise he just becomes a "giant cannon asteroid looking thing."

The only part of seeing a gigantic Unicron would be the first time he Transforms. Other than that, defeating him becomes either 1. Running the gauntlet to blow up something inside of him, or 2. McGuffin defeat. Either way, it's a weak way to end a movie. With a character of his size, you already know only some ridiculous quirk can defeat him, you can't damage something that big.

Boring way to end a movie. I'd be all for him Transforming in a flash back and smashing a planet to bits, but having him need to use avatars to do his bidding, and gather enough energy to potentially transform at the end would be better. I supposed in a Fanwanky movie this big ass Unicron works, and that's about it, otherwise he's just so big that it's impersonal on a fighting level.

12. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    I have NO idea where you are getting your ideas from. Some of these things you say that a Director would "resort" to, have already been done many times in films- successfully I might add.

I'm still not seeing any problems.

13. Trailbreakin

Trailbreakin Member

1) No scenes dedicated to pointless human characterization or their pets.

2) No "old" robots with beards, or gay robots, or robots that cry, or other things that make me thrown Sno-Caps at movie screens.

3) No Linkin Park anywhere near the soundtrack.

14. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    I'm drawing a blank as to the times that a director has shown an entity that exists as a planetoid and has a robot form. The point is that its kinda hard to characterize a fight with a being so big that he makes every other character microscopic. To the point where him fighting back is the equivalent of swatting flies. Explain to me how you can film ants fighting a human and make it intense.

I can think of district 9, but the large ship still fit in earths atmosphere. Star Wars, the death star is a floating globe that fires weapons. Independence Day, the ships still fits in the atmosphere. The FF4 debacle. The V'Ger... cmon that's basically a floating space squid. If you make Unicron the size of Godzilla etc... ok.

You don't get it, and that's cool. Unicron in a live action movie, would either have to be shrunken, or someone his size would have to come along and grapple with him.

15. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Which is why you don't even bother with that part of the concept.
    It was stupid even in the 1986 cartoon movie... which is why I can't understand why you would want it so bad and lament as to why it can't be shown now.

DON'T show Unicron swatting at Transformers. It's pointless and was stupid 25 years ago. Unicron was not built to swat at flies- he is a destroyer of entire planets.

Didja see Indiana Jones 4?

16. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    Yes. The concepts that worked to some extent there are complicated by the fact that transformers have to Transform.

If Unicron isn't a giant planetoid, or at least a giant warship, what's the point? Might as well just use Straxus or Thunderwing or invent someone new.

17. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    I agree- so keep him a giant planet; and he can transform into something more productive for a giant space machine instead of transforming into a giant humanoid figure with devil horns.

18. mrfang2

mrfang2 leader of team rejects

News Credits:
    maybe unicron would be a smaller being inside the planet sized thing. he could still be bigger than devastator, and then you could make everyone happy cuz you get the planet for geewuners, and a big robot to destroy stuff that would make sense to be in a movie for the casual viewer/ avrage fan

19. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

5) Sams Parents

4) Sams Dogs

3) Sams Friends

2) Sams love interests

1) Sam!

20. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I personally want to see Unicron in TF3. After having The Fallen as the main villain of ROTF, I feel like having Shockwave as the main villain would be taking a step down. Once introduced to the mythology of the Transformers, and their "gods", so to speak, you'd have to take a step up in the mythology of the Transformers to make the villain more impressive and evil.