Tooth and Claw

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Verno, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    The Decepticons won the Great War, but their victory was built on a lie -- one that later caused their mighty empire to crumble from within. With the truth now revealed to a small group of Maximal survivors, they're risking their very existence to give the Autobots, and the universe, another chance.

Here's a little taste of the opening scene. As I finish more scenes, I'll be sure to share them. Enjoy.

- TOOTH AND CLAW -

PAGE ONE

PANEL ONE
    Mount St. Hilary is the tallest peak in the rocky, desolate landscape. Dead trees dot the terrain. The unforgiving sun beats down on the lifeless scene. The rear of the Ark pokes out from the foot of the extinct volcano.

1 DIALOGUE PANEL

2 DIALOGUE PANEL
    Year: Unknown.​

3 DIALOGUE PANEL (OPTIMUS PRIMAL)
    This whole thing could still be a trap, so while I don’t want to rush your work, Tigatron…​

PANEL TWO
    Inside the bridge of the Ark, Optimus Primal looks at the damage around the large chamber with a sad expression. Behind him, Tigatron examines one of the blaster marks on the wall. A great section of the wall is missing, showing the exposed rock behind. Illumination orbs float in the air, providing them light but casting eerie shadows.

4 OPTIMUS PRIMAL
    I don’t want to overstay our welcome either.​

PANEL THREE
    Tigatron feels the inside of the blaster mark on the wall.

5 TIGATRON
    Her scars still have a story to tell.​

PANEL FOUR
    Tigatron studies the mark on the wall closely. We can see Optimus Primal behind him.

6 TIGATRON
    All we need do is listen.​

PAGE TWO

PANEL ONE
    Tigatron walks towards Optimus Primal. In the background, we can see a large wall section that’s missing. The ‘ghosts’ of the Decepticons charge in through the hole and open fire.

1 TIGATRON
    The hull of the bridge is ruptured and the Decepticons pour in.​

PANEL TWO
    Optimus Primal and Tigatron are standing midway between the two advancing ‘ghost’ forces. Tigatron points towards the large missing section.

2 TIGATRON
    The Autobots were quick to respond, as all their blaster fire is concentrated around the breach point.​

PANEL THREE
    The ‘ghost’ combatants pair off and fight hand to hand. Optimus Primal and Tigatron are standing amongst them.

3 TIGATRON
    After the initial exchange of blaster fire, it became a physical fight.​

PANEL FOUR
    Tigatron shows Optimus Primal a large, round dent in the floor. The ‘ghost’ of Megatron looms over them, swinging his spiked Energon Mace.

4 TIGATRON
    Ferocious. Personal.​

PAGE THREE

PANEL ONE
    Tigatron and Primal look at the remains of the large viewscreen at the front of the bridge. It is cracked and dark. The ‘ghost’ of Earth can be seen at its centre. Some of the ‘ghost’ combatants look towards it as the fighting continues. The ‘ghost’ of Skywarp begins to teleport.

1 TIGATRON
    But then, whether by the violent entry into atmosphere or the impact with the planet itself, everyone aboard was rendered offline, suspended in emergency stasis.​

PANEL TWO
    A panel of the bridge at large. Optimus Primal and Tigatron stand near the central command chair. The ‘ghosts’ lie strewn around the chamber.

2 OPTIMUS PRIMAL
    I think I know how the rest of the story plays out.​

3 TIGATRON
    Don’t be so sure. History, after all, is written by the victors.​

PANEL THREE
    The ‘ghost’ of Skywarp teleports back into the bridge, near a computer terminal on the wall.

4 TIGATRON
    We’re told that the combatants awoke and continued the fight, with the Decepticons ultimately prevailing.​

PANEL FOUR
    The ‘ghost’ of Skywarp activates a repair beam which hits Megatron.

5 TIGATRON
    Unopposed, they conquered the Earth and then Cybertron.​

PAGE FOUR

PANEL ONE
    Tigatron points to blast marks on the floor. The ‘ghost’ of Megatron gets to his feet. Skywarp continues to repair other Decepticons using the beam.

1 TIGATRON
    But this cannot be what happened. At least, not here.​

2 TIGATRON
    These are not the scars of battle.​

PANEL TWO
    Optimus Primal kneels to examine one of the marks. It aligns with the head of ‘ghost’ Prowl who lies on the floor. Decepticon troops stand over the offline forms of the Autobots, posed to fire.

3 TIGATRON
    A number of them pocket the floor. All from a blast at close range. All at a static target.​

PANEL THREE
    Optimus Primal’s face is etched with shock. The ‘ghost’ Decepticons execute the stricken Autobots.

4 OPTIMUS PRIMAL
    They never woke up…​

PANEL FOUR
    Tigatron is standing over a large blaster mark. ‘Ghost’ Megatron picks up Optimus Prime’s Ion Blaster which lies near the Autobot leader.

5 TIGATRON
    The only one of any difference is here.​

PAGE FIVE

PANEL ONE
    Optimus Primal and Tigatron look down at the mark. Standing over them, ‘ghost’ Megatron aims the blaster at Optimus Prime.

1 TIGATRON
    An Autobot Ion Cannon.​

PANEL TWO
    A close-up of ‘ghost’ Megatron’s mouth, curled in an evil smile.

2 DIALOGUE PANEL (OPTIMUS PRIMAL)
    Prime.​

PANEL THREE
    Optimus Primal and Tigatron, standing at the blast in the ground, spin around, weapons raised, as a voice comes from behind them. The chamber is now empty of ‘ghosts’.

3 DINOBOT (OP)
    The truth laid bare…​

PANEL FOUR
    A set of glowing red eyes peer through the darkness of the chamber.

4 DINOBOT
    At your feet…​

PANEL FIVE
    Dinobot steps into the eerie light.

5 DINOBOT
    As promised.​

- END SCENE -

• Like Like x 1
  2. Verno

News Credits:
    PAGE SIX

PANEL ONE
    (Flashback) The Predacon ship, the Terror Crasher, travels through Space.

1 NARRATION PANEL
    The story you’ve been told…​

2 DIALOGUE PANEL (TARANTULAS)
    This is Tarantulas, reporting a successful mission.​

PANEL TWO
    (Flashback) On the bridge of the ship, Tarantulas appears on the viewscreen. Megatron has his arms raised triumphantly. Scorponok mans his console.

3 NARRATION PANEL
    The story that emboldened every Decepticon spark…​

4 MEGATRON
    Yes! YES!​

5 TARANTULAS
    Prepare to receive incoming data transfer.​

PANEL THREE
    (Flashback) Scorponok types into his console.

6 NARRATION PANEL
    And sent a chill through every Autobots’…​

7 SCORPONOK
    Transfer received. Rendezvous with the Terror Crasher at the following co-ordinates.​

8 TARANTULAS
    Understood. Tarantulas, out.​

PANEL FOUR
    (Flashback) Megatron reclines in his command chair, his hand still clenched victoriously. Dinobot sits at a console at the wall of the bridge.

9 NARRATION PANEL
    Is a lie.​

10 MEGATRON
    Finally, Scorponok! We will reshape the universe to our own designs!​

PAGE SEVEN

PANEL ONE
    (Flashback) A close-up of Dinobot’s face. He is looking down. We can see Megatron and Scorponok behind him.

1 NARRATION PANEL
    The war balancing on a knife’s edge.​

PANEL TWO
    (Flashback) The same close-up. Dinobot looks up, his brow furrowed.

2 NARRATION PANEL
    A ferocious battle and the beginning of a new era.​

PANEL THREE
    (Flashback) The same close-up angle. Dinobot’s eyes glow green and he bares his teeth.

3 NARRATION PANEL
    A falsehood known by only a few but revealed to you now.​

4 DIALOGUE PANEL (RATTRAP)
    Ehh, I don’t buy it.​

PANEL FOUR
    On the bridge of the Maximal ship, the Axalon, Dinobot stands arms crossed. An imposing figure for the smaller Maximals.

5 DINOBOT
    We’d decoded communications revealing the location of a small Maximal ship. A team was sent to intercept it, and interrogation of the crew yielded the desired information -- access codes for the Ark.​

6 CHEETOR
    But the Ark is toast.​

7 DINOBOT
    Not when they plan to enter it.​

8 CHEETOR
    Huh?​

PAGE EIGHT

PANEL ONE
    Optimus Primal and Rhinox address their fellow Maximals.

1 OPTIMUS PRIMAL
    As you all know, we’ve been receiving intelligence from an unknown source for some time. We now know the source.​

2 RHINOX
    Part of the information were plans for a Transwarp Drive, developed by the Predacons. It allows for travel through both Space and Time.​

PANEL TWO
    Dinobot and Tigatron exchange a tense gaze.

3 DINOBOT
    His plan is as brilliant as it is insane -- to travel to the past and replace the original Megatron’s spark with his own. With his knowledge of things to come, he will ensure the Decepticon Empire never falls.​

4 TIGATRON
    And why is it that you want no part of that?​

5 DINOBOT
    His first act would be the same -- killing the Autobots while still offline. His Empire would be built on the same lie.​

PANEL THREE
    Rattrap appeals to Rhinox. Airazor has other concerns.

6 RATTRAP
    Are you really buying this?​

7 RHINOX
    The technology works. If it didn’t, I’d be less inclined to trust him.​

8 AIRAZOR
    But we have no way of knowing the consequences of our actions. We may be creating an even darker future for ourselves.​

PANEL FOUR
    Tigatron and Airazor share a knowing, sad look.

9 TIGATRON
    I can’t imagine a much darker future for those that called this planet home.​

PAGE NINE

PANEL ONE
    Dinobot is angered by the inactivity, leaning on the central console.

1 DINOBOT
    With the codes in their possession, their departure from the present is imminent! And yet here you all stand, talking, in a time of action!​

PANEL TWO
    Optimus Primal sells the message to his crew.

2 OPTIMUS PRIMAL
    We’re going back, and we’re going to do everything we can to give the Autobots a fighting chance.​

3 CHEETOR
    I get how that works for us, but what about him?​

PANEL THREE
    Dinobot wears a stoic look.

4 DINOBOT
    A victory without honour is no victory at all.​

PANEL FOUR
    Optimus Primal and Dinobot stare at each other, almost glaring.

5 OPTIMUS PRIMAL
    I understand that you want to stop them -- it’s personal -- but I don’t know how far I can trust that. If this goes the way we think, you and I could end up facing off against each other in an unknown future.​

6 DINOBOT
    I look forward to it.​

PANEL FIVE
    Dinobot exits the bridge. The Maximals watch him leave.

PAGE TEN

PANEL ONE
    Optimus Primal looks to Rhinox.

1 OPTIMUS PRIMAL
    Rhinox, get it ready. Rattrap can give you a hand.​

PANEL TWO
    Optimus Primal gives the order to Cheetor, Airazor and Tigatron.

2 OPTIMUS PRIMAL
    Cheetor, Airazor, Tigatron -- maintain a perimeter. The planet is technically in Predacon territory after all.​

3 CHEETOR
    You got it.​

PANEL THREE
    As the three Maximals depart, Tigatron confirms details. Optimus Primal’s head drops slightly.

4 TIGATRON
    And what of the Predacon?​

5 OPTIMUS PRIMAL
    *sigh* Let him cool off.​

6 TIGATRON
    Understood.​

PANEL FOUR
    Rattrap is still rooted to the spot, arms crossed, as Optimus Primal departs the bridge.

7 RATTRAP
    When you said we were getting help, I figured it was at least from one of ours.​

8 OPTIMUS PRIMAL
    The less you knew the better. He’s coming with us.​

PANEL FIVE
    Rattrap is now alone on the bridge. Optimus Primal replies from off panel.

9 RATTRAP
    We’re all gonna die.​

10 OPTIMUS PRIMAL
    He can do that with us too.​

- END SCENE -

• Like Like x 2
  3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm digging the darker premise so far. Also like how you've put the characters in a new situation that brings out a different side to them while still retaining the classic personality traits we know them for.

4. Verno

News Credits:
    Thanks mate, I appreciate you having a read over it. Writing for these characters is great fun.

It's a new situation, but at the same time, feels strangely familiar. Beast Wars itself was pretty dark from time to time, but the opening scene with the ghosts certainly sets the tone.

I think you'll like the next scene. It's only short, but it rights a little 20+ year old wrong.

• Like Like x 1