Too much SCIENCE?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by SCIENCE, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I kinda agree. TF:A definitely Blinded me with Science. Hit me with technology, as it were.

But seriously, folks. Cartoons are full of the stuff. Batman's mega-computer-that-can-find-and-analyze-anything? "Radiation" that turns people into superhumans (instead of, you know, just giving them cancer or making them sterile)? Pseudo-science is canon, as it were.

Sure it can be a little obnoxious at times, but come on... transformers is an overarching series about talking cars and jets that turn into giant robots ... a little (or a lot) suspension of disbelief is kind of necessary, wouldn't you think?

2. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Meh.

Science or not, I still enjoy it.

Most shows that use it as a template get bogged down in the
    mechanics of it. That is boring to me.

3. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

You could go nuts with a thread about The Dark Knight, I guess.

Animated's not too subtle about the way it pushes some of the science - I haven't seen some of the newer episodes, but the fossil fuel stuff in the Dinobots episode comes to mind - but I've never felt blinded by it or anything. :lol  And do we really need more excuses to criticize Animated at this point?

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes because Honestly, and this is why I kinda appreciated Cybertron, I always wondered why the Decepticons would even bother disguising themselves outside of their cybertronian modes. I mean it makes sense to hide from the Autobots, but it would be like me diguising myself from Ants that I could easily take out. In Cybertron Megs and Starscream didn't even bother, and Thundercracker only did to spy.

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

This thread needs more Llamatrons balls.

6. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Don't they all?

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there a SCIENTIFIC connection between them and Transformers? Does this present a conundrum?

8. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    Too much SCIENCE, maybe. But not enough PHYsics.

9. SCIENCE

SCIENCE Banned

Yes, thank you. That's what I mean.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You win the thread.

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'm blinded by this thread.

12. SCIENCE

SCIENCE Banned

Because it's awesome. I had this convo with Simon Furman at a con, about fans who bitch about things like this and generally want to make things more mundane(this came to prominence during the movie fiasco). We both agreed that Grimlock doesn't need an explanation for being a T-Rex, it's just fucking BAD ASS.

Gurren Lagann seems to have gotten very popular with TF fans recently for some reason, so hopefully that'll teach them a lesson or too. Fuck super-realism, Transformers is a SUPER ROBOT show. But at the same time, it's always had serious Sci-Fi elements, and IMO, animated takes things a bit too far.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream's mode on Cybertron was better than any earth jet mode I have seen.... Or BAD ASS as you might say, inspired by "Furman's" War Within. So who's bitching? I'm not talking realism, I'm talking personality of Starscream and Megatron, who are very fearless and ruthless, yet unrealistically, hide among insects. That should not be confused with the robot and vehicle modes working in a realistic setting. It is more a question of why would such a badass need to hide in an earth mode, not a question of whether or not he should hide at all.

Stop bitching about people bitching without knowing what they are bitching about.

14. SCIENCE

SCIENCE Banned

I don't get your logic at all. I think you heard it from someone else, thought it sounded cool, and accepted it without thinking.

They're DECEPticons. Part of the being fearless and ruthless is in tricking humans. Why is it fearless and ruthless to do the intelligent thing and have some form of getting around that doesn't attract attention to you? It's just smart. Go around as an alien jet, and the entire airforce will be on you. Go around as a US jet, and they'll be suspicious, but probably will spend too much time looking up their records and checking it out, by which time, Screamer will be long gone.

GRIMLOCK is a character who it makes sense to not have an earth alt mode, because he's more of an old fashioned warrior. Starscream and Megatron are cunning and nasty. Of course they're going to hide themselves.

15. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I believe it, and it must've happened before Quinjester beat you to the joke :D 

16. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

:lol  You guys are arguing over Science in kid's cartoon? Geez, I stopped worrying about Science in cartoons a long time ago. For a ll I care, they can make own thier own Boyle's law if they want. These guys aren't all scientists, you know.

Now if you're wanting some 'real, accurate and not whacked out or made up science' I can recommend some good shows. There's this Discovery Channel, National Geographic, Trutv(Courttv) etc. Way more interesting than my high school classes on chemistry, physics, biology were:rolleyes: 

17. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    We aren't arguing over Science. We are arguing over SCIENCE. There is a difference. I just don't know what it is.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    One of them has something to do with Llamatron's balls...

...I think...

19. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

I see what you did there.

GOOD HEAVENS MS. SAKAMOTO, YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!

20. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    MC Squirrelcar in the hizzous!

You had a nice flow going there...wish you'd kept it up for the rest of the post.

Since when does *SCIENCE* "has to be capitalise"[sic]?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.