Too Much Human Interaction?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Trell, May 20, 2009.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I have no problem with humans interacting with TFs, it's when there are no TFs around that I hit the fast-forward button.

2. cleftasunder

cleftasunder Well-Known Member

Army = Humans
    Blaming Megatron's death on a cybertronian artifact is similar to blaming a gun for killing someone and not the person pulling the trigger.
    Bottom line is, it was an inferior being who managed to "kill" Megatron.

3. Trell

Trell Paladin

You really think so? Regardless of that though, the Decepticons would have headed for the Hoover Dam to release Megs from stasis anyway . . . there's your mayhem. I just wonder what Sec7 was planning on doing, just capturing all TFs, even the ones on our side?

So really Simmons didn't know anything, did he?

4. Trell

Trell Paladin

He couldn't possibly have been so inferior if he killed Megatron . . . at least I think that's the point . . :inquisiti 

Ya know Prime saying "There's more to them than meets the eye", they are only superior because they are large ass robots on the outside.

But on the inside, for humans and TFs, the soul is the same.

5. Trell

Trell Paladin

So when aliens show up, that can communicate with me, I ignore them?

If I was an alien that traveled across the universe, to come to a planet where the inhabitants didn't want to converse with me out of fear, I'd leave and that planet's reputation from then on would be LAME!! :rolleyes2 

6. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

From what i gathered from the comics, they wanted basically to keep their current 'live specimen' in one piece. They wanted another one they could take appart to study in more detail.

Basically they were gonna kill Bumblebee and take him appart for study. They were experimenting in the move to see how much voltage it would take to put him out/kill him. Not like BB was screaming and convulsing for nothing.

7. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

I always thought that scene with BB was messed up.
    I wonder if they apologized to him after everything cooled down.

8. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

I think 'Bee pointing the big plasma gun at them probably elicited a chorus of off-screen sorries.

But pile me on the, "I don't mind seeing human interaction, I just don't want human action at the expense of the TFs." stack.

- Coeloptera

9. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

Hehe highly doubt it. Also i doubt BB would want any of them coming within 500 ft of him after that.

The first movie had so much human time thanks to the budget and also cause they were using the humans to intro the bots to an audience that had never seen them before/new to the franchise.

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I don't think there was much they could do.

If you watch the Blackout attack at the beginning of the first film, they reused a split second of footage of Blackout ripping off the communications center roof to show Colonel Sharp seeing the Decepticon.

To me that says what we saw in terms of TF footage was all they could afford. But there IS, however, a case of cutting down on largely superfluous human characters (and make the run time a little bit tighter). I'm looking at you, Glen and Maggie.

I think that's a weak complaint given the number of times in past TF fiction (particularly Marvel-era fiction) that humans were shown to be a significant threat to both the Autobots and Decepticons.

It is frankly a strictly G1 cartoon convention to have "invincible Transformers", or for a more modern equivalent, an "All Hail Megatron" convention.

11. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I've always thought that it was excessively cruel. His moaning noises are heart-wrenching!

12. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    It's not quite that simple. The following is not a hard-and-fast rule, but basically a general guide to what would have most likely occured.

Robot screen time would have been determined at the storyboard level during pre-production. They would have thought through the robot scenes given the complexity of the animation involved, the shots they needed and the fact it was the first time anybody would have done something like this. It is then up to ILM to deliver the best results they can in the time remaining until the film has its final edit.

Basically, they would have decided how often the robots would appear on screen based upon the script and how much money they had to work with, which is then the budget ILM would have to work to (ILM does X amount of shots for X dollars).

And then, ILM could only work with as much background footage (for compositing) as Bay has shot. It is quite probable that Bay shot loads of background footage for possible robot scenes that were never used due to time and budgetry constraints.

The complexity of the models, the resolution of the textures, the resolution of the film and the quality of the rendering affects how long it takes ILM to complete the shots. Also, one assumes a summer tentpole movie would require high-quality shots, so that factors into budget.

13. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

Oh wah,wah,wah. Somebody complains about not enough human/robot interaction and somebody else turns around and complains about too much.
    Go pay your money for a ticket and pop corn with mystery golden topping. Then go to your seat, sit down, shut up,watch the movies and enjoy.
    Literally 1000's of people have put their best effort into keeping you amused for 2hrs.

14. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    Finally! Someone on this thread who actually understands how the film industry works!

15. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    Don't thank me, I formed that after talking with a friend who works in the effects industry about this.