Too Much Human Interaction?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Trell, May 20, 2009.

1. Trell

Trell Paladin

[​IMG]

One complaint you always hear about the movieverse,

And with this screen cap, we can safely assume Prime has some sort of role in our military.

Add the fact that we know there is a huge list of Robots still yet to be discovered, and we got an *EXTREME* amount of human interaction with this one.

How much do you think this movie might end that talking point . ..

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  2. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Those guys that complain are kind of idiots because if this were real of course the humans will have something to do with alien robots : P

3. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Agreed....
    Think about it, if this were G1, of cause they`d have this sort of interaction.

4. jmldspt

jmldspt Bad guy turned good guy

Given the fact that they are on EARTH, which is simply full of humans, I find very hard to criticize the existence of a large interaction between them!

5. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

goes to show you didnt read the Alliance Prequel to the 2nd movie comics...

6. Trell

Trell Paladin

Nope, it would be nice though.

But with my topic, I'm sure we've all dealt with that person. I feel they just wanted to see more of their Transfomers, even though they say they hate the designs . . . They do confuse me sometimes . . . :gen069: 

7. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I understand the argument that the franchise is called Transformers and so should be about them. However, human interaction is necessary so that we can learn about them. Perhaps there was too much of the human element in TF1 -- and the same argument was made about "Infiltration" -- but I think that the film-makers have listened to our criticisms and reviews of their first effort and sort to attain a happy medium with this film. Their success we shall judge in a few weeks.

8. AMG

AMG Old School

I'm cool with human/TF interaction, never had a problem with it. Besides, it's inevitable because the battle is on earth.

I think a major complaint from the first film was the amount of screen time given completely to humans, at the expense of potential TF screen time. Which I agree with.

9. Trell

Trell Paladin

I can understand it too, don't get me wrong . . .

I just think, they should think, about how expensive it is to have them on the screen for so long. The shaky cam might help keep cost down, but that only bothered me during the BB and Bcade fight.

10. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

I think the balance wasn't quite right in the first movie but I don't think it should have been entirely about the Transformers either the way some of the complainers seem to.

11. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

The first movie did slant things heavily towards the humans, but that was for a good reason. It costs a lot of dough to put the TFs on screen :D .

With a bigger budget, hopefully we do get more TF time, but I think it would be silly to rule out humans entirely.

12. joevill

joevill Well-Known Member

exactly!

13. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I dont think the problem was any interaction the problem was that the human actors literally and constantly would take center stage against the TF's so much so the TF's felt more like a background to the movie.

Also in every aspect the Humans controlled or maintained the action aswell as most of the large battle outcomes were decided by human interaction.

The first movie obviously was to much people story cause that is what they were shooting for.

The second hopefully doesnt do that because it would be highly odd to see a movie that is supposed to be all about the TF's and their history be completely over run with humans doing this or that. One thing that is still a joke is to think that with all the TF's have seen and battles they have been through and how "Bad Ass" they are supposed to be that any human military would be able to stand against them.

I mean normally I could understand if they are more like normal alien instead of what is supposed to be super badass ninja weapons and armor loaded to the teeth alien. It just irks me they are supposed super advanced unless it stops the story from plugging the military.

14. cosmicherosa

cosmicherosa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They came to OUR planet. It is inevitable. It's not like we'd leave these bots alone. And you KNOW there would be some type of bullshitting by the governments to use the bots for things for personal gain, while providing the bots with sub gains.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I just hope the Autobots aren't bowing down to and taking all their orders from the humans all through the film.
    Optimus has commanded major battles for thousands of years that a human could never hope to be able to comprehend, so there better not be some moron human in a military uniform saying, 'And that's an order, Optimus'.

16. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

This is EXACTLY how I feel. Human/TF interaction is expected and nessicary. I just didn't like the fact that the first 2/3 of the first movie had hardly any TF's in it at all. And as far as it being too expensive, are we wrong to think maybe they should've found some way to work more giant robots into a movie about (wait for it...) GIANT ROBOTS's budget.

17. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I've always loved the human perspective. It makes them amazing. It's like Jurassic Park. The Brachiosaurus was so amazing the first time it was revealed because Sam Neill made it amazing with his reaction and acting. Same applies to the humans when the Autobots and Decepticons were revealed. It makes them threatening and huge and beautifully realistic.

Plus, put yourself in Prime's shoes. You are fighting Megatron on an alien world much more complex and complicated than your own and there's a squadron of F-22s and humans toting Sabot rounds bearing down on the city with more than enough ammo and firepower to help out. Are you really going to turn them down?

18. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    Yes. Yes, you are. Expensive is expensive, no matter what the movie is about. In all honesty, the studio was very skeptical about the first film, before it was released. A movie based on robot toys? I can kinda see how that might've been a tough sell. For them to put $151 million towards it was a huge leap of faith, and I think we should count ourselves lucky that they trusted Michael Bay as much as they did.

19. NoleScream

NoleScream The Anti-Troll

Yeah, but Optimus also respects life, and since the Autobots are on OUR planet, I think he'd be doing a lot of PR / Order taking from humans, in order to work with them. He doesn't want to be overlord.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's all about finding the right balance.

You want humans in the film to get a feeling of scale, a feeling of being on Earth, and all the other important story bits you would lack if don't put enough of them in the film.

But you don't want to end up with too much focus on the humans or people get feeling like the Transformers were just guest stars in their own movie instead of being the stars of the film.

I also sort of worry that we might end up with too much military in the film. From a realist point of view if alien robots showed up you'd expect the military to so something. On the other hand you don't want the military to be so powerful that when teamed with the Autobots the outcome seems a forgone conclusion. You don't want that feeling of the Decepticons or The Fallen never really had a chance and thus no tension to the story.

From all the leaked stuff signs seem to be pointing toward a much better mix of robots and humans, just sort of worried they might not have the power level of the military scaled down enough to have a feeling that the fight is going to be close instead of just good guys show up and bad guys automatically lose.