To all Belgian collectors!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BigB, Aug 31, 2011.

1. BigB

BigB Unicron-eater

I think Detroa is from the French part of Belgium, because half the stores he mentioned don't exist in Flanders. I find it ironic however, that in a Bart Smit in Flanders you pay 20 euros for a deluxe and in a Bart Smit in the French part you pay 14 euros for a deluxe. And to make matters worse, the nearest Intertoys to where I live (which was still a half hour trip by train and then another fifteen minutes by tram and another fifteen by foot) isn't even mentioned on the site, which would imply that it doesn't exist anymore (and I'm talking about the one in Ghent if you're wondering).

And indeed, the WFC or even Generations haven't been released in Flanders. I bought my WFC Prime and Bee in Auchan and then I ordered the Megatron and Soundwave off of Archonia too (together with Sergeant Kup) and I bought my Drift at F.A.C.T.S. last year.

2. BigB

BigB Unicron-eater

Actually, if what Detroa said is true, then Bart Smit sells TFs cheaper in the French part of Belgium then in Flanders. How is that fair?

3. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mines came from Intertoys but I've seen Generations in other stores too (not always the cheaper ones though) like Jocari (Liège), Broze and La Grande Récré. I think they all stopped at wave 1 though.

I'm in the French speaking part of the country but I'm not sure that the location of the store has an importance, maybe each Bart Smit can choose their prices like Broze or La Grande Récré.

Sorry to read about the stores with potential better prices not being near your place, I'm in the same position but like other people said, if you have to go their by car, bus or train, it'll cost money so yeah, Archonia and such may end cheaper, that's why I usually buy at retail only when I'm near those stores for another reason.

What's for sure anyway is that collecting TF in Europe is one hell of a money vortex.

4. BigB

BigB Unicron-eater

since Januari I've been in about 10 different Bart Smit stores most off them had deluxes for 20 euros and one or two of them didn't even have any Transformers. And damn right it's a money vortex, and Hasbro sometimes gives us all faulty ones (there's a figure I got in a two-pack whose legs aren't the same length. I went back to that store and as it turned out, they all were like that. Not to mention that there are a lot reports of Beast Wars Magnaboss without Ironhide's (the elephant) weapons. I even sent a complaint to Hasbro about the figure with the different length legs. That was months ago and still no answer.

5. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    Because you're talking about a franchise with different owners. It's like a Bagels and Beans. The Bagel could cost 4 euros in one town and 5 euros in another. The owner decides.

It's not like a McDonalds, where it's all property of McDonalds and everywhere the price is the same.

6. BW megatron

BW megatron tiran

I have never seen different prices in BS stores in Flanders and Brussels. Don't go to ofter to Wallonia to verify there but i would be very surpriced if they do as BS has a unified pricing system.

7. BigB

BigB Unicron-eater

@Yigal: What you're saying doesn't add up because if you check the Bart Smit website, you can find a digital advertising booklet stating prices for several products. So if the owner/manager a particular store could decide how much a certain figure costs, they wouldn't be able to make those booklets right?

@BW_megatron: All we can do is trust that Detroa is telling the truth, cause there is only a dutch version of the Bart Smit Website.