TMNT 2014 - Official Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by OP84, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Remington

Remington Banned

Sorry that's just my opinion on the design.

And nice try at the countless attempts at labeling me a troll. Don't like what I have to say? Hit the ignore button.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    That's so TMNT it hurts. Everyone's characters seem spot-on. Even Mikey. "He's doing his Batman voice." "Yeah, we'll find you!... I'm sorry that sounded super creepy-"

Also, "Shredder" (I can't remember what his real name is) is talking to some tall, shadowed bald guy and says "we're taking you're armour to a new level." Do you think maybe he's the actual Shredder, and this Shredder is a new guy Shredder went to for a suit upgrade? I think it's cool that he can throw knives like that.

3. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    This movie gets better the more I see of it.

4. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

There can never be too much focus on Raph.

5. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    That's what I'm thinking. William Fitchner's "Foot Clan" is a satelite clan and the guy in the shadows is either an envoy from Japan or Saki himself.

I heard you like knives, so I put some knives on your knives, then some knives on those knives. Knive-tatstic!

6. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I saw the new trailer and I am really liking what I see. I still see a lot of hate but...meh. Everyone likes something different, right? Me? I am going to the cinema to watch this. ^^

7. Tytus

Tytus Well-Known Member

Agreed on all points. This trailer is SO much better than the one they're showing in theaters. I have renewed hope in this film, mostly because it indicates William Fitchner is NOT the "real" Shredder (a hope I've been clinging to since I first read of his casting).
    I'm really hoping this is the case. That the Foot Clan focused on in this movie is a more modernized group of what we're used to, and the traditional Shredder/Foot still exist elsewhere.

In the comics, wasn't Shredder head of the American clan, and Karai was leader of the Japanese Foot? I personally prefer the current cartoon version where she's Shredder's adopted daughter (watch the toon for an awesome twist!)

The origin story has been changed up so many times though that I don't mind a new version. So long as Oroku Saki/Nagi still exists somewhere.

8. Digilaut

Digilaut I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

News Credits:
    Oh, the knives coming off and latching back on is cool.

I'm in. I mean, I was already in, but this was awesome. Slightly worried because of the roof scene (kind of the same antics as TF1's alley scene), and some of the voices don't really seem to work for me, I guess? But this was all so spot on Turtles.

I dig it.

9. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

FUCK YES!!! I love this movie, I love this bloody fucking movie mates. Like Split said, this is so fucking TMNT it's bloody painful; EVERY single aspect is spot on guys. When one of the guys that is apart of this film said that they were completely faithful to the franchise, and that the fans would enjoy it, he fucking meant it.

10. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Honestly if the turtles looked a little more traditional and less giant beefy clothed dudes i'd be so hyped for this movie, especially after seeing the new trailer where a little personality is thrown in.
    Looking forward to seeing it, but i'm just not sold on the designs is all.

11. grindcore138

grindcore138 Handsome like an F-22

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Leo and Mikey's faces look a lot better in motion, even Donny's glasses don't look so silly.
    I don't think there's any doubt that this movie is very much in the spirit of the TMNT franchise, it all looks appropriately ridiculous, haha, and the Turtles characters are just spot-on.
    It's looking goooood!

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That trailer was all sorts of awesome.

The dialogue with the Turtles meeting April was funny as hell.

Its really uncanny how much Johnny Knoxville sounds like Jason Biggs's Leo.

Shredder is really sharp...so sharp that I think looking at him could cut me.

And oh hey Whoopie! It's Whoopi Goldberg.

Even with Bay's attachment to the movie....they actually look like they know what there doing....even with Megan Fox as April O'Neil.

13. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As far as I can tell that yes Raph goes solo for a little while because of a video of filming that we saw where Leo, Mikey, and Don were being hauled down an alleyway and put into the back of a truck. Raph was the only one not there. Then of course there are all those scenes we saw being shot of April O'Neil (Megan Fox) with just Raph out and about in New York.

In terms of the armor comments I can only assume this means utroms.
    I personally don't like the whole utroms thing and I know I am in the minority there but I also don't think it can work in a movie particularly one that is the first in a possible series and an introductory one at that.

I am a huge turtles fan and will of course no matter what go see the movie the night before it officially comes out I just hope it is as good as I want it to be. I am STILL trying to figure out how Mikey got his tattoos.

14. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I think the thing I liked most about the trailer was the interaction between the turtles and April on the rooftop. That was actually really funny, and they seemed to get the characters right. Knoxville doesn't sound that bad as Leo. If they can get the characterization of the turtles right and make their interactions fun like that, I will be more willing to overlook some of the other flaws. Honestly, the worst moment in the trailer was the Megan Fox butt joke. We know she is hot, but that joke was so forced, and it really makes me concerned that she will just be reduced to eye candy.

15. Algernon

Algernon Radicon Acolyte

News Credits:
    Great trailer. Is it just me or does it seem like they tweaked their lips? They look a little more subtle than in previous trailers.

16. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Those trailers were very Ninja Turtles. I mean, the hanging out on rooftops, the banter, their personalities, the family theme, and Splinter having to pull everyone together (usually Raph), it's all TMNT. Love it!

Seems to be a TMNT tradition to give Leo and Raph more screentime than Mikey and Donnie. And Raph always has to go out on his own. Kind of sucks, especially for Donnie, but I can't complain since Raph has always been my favorite.

[​IMG]

17. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Holy fuck! That was trailer was SO awesome! I'm definitely sold on watching the movie. The roof scene was pretty funny and the characters are seriously spot on. Wow! I think there's hope for this movie yet. 8D

18. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
  19. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Internet Soldier

News Credits:
  20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    What an amazing new trailer. I could not be any more excited for this movie. The Turtles all sound great, and both their personalities and group dynamic seem to be represented well. The scene with Raph using his Batman voice was awesome. As well as the more full "aren't they aliens" scene.

It's nice to see what would appear to be the real Shredder, aka Oroku Saki. Though I wonder how much of him we'll see outside of the Shredder suit.

Seeing the new posters and more of the Turtles in the trailers really makes me wish there were some collector-oriented figures, or even statues, in the works. I wasn't a fan of their comic figures, but I would like to see what NECA could do with these designs. Especially at a larger scale. If nothing else, some Classic Collection figures of the Turtles and April would be nice. It'd still be Playmates, but better than what they're releasing now.