TMNT 2003 is over (Kind of)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by AniProwl, May 10, 2008.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I know that it will be back this fall as Back to the Sewers, but it won't be awesome like everythiing before except Fast Foward.

So guys, what do you think of TMNT 2003?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Probably a bit early to say what this new season will be like, but I liked the darker tone of the 2003 series, and also the approach to storytelling (single character centred episodes, then a two or three part story to advance the plot). Seemed like a good way to handle characterisation, as well as have an overarching plot.

Though I didn't care for making Shredder an Utrom, and my brother absolutely hates Karai.

3. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The 2003 cartoon episodes were awesome because they were retellings of the original black and white comic that started it all. It was good because the creator Peter Liard was there to make sure it stayed true to it's original self. Then Fast Forward came and everything crapped out. I'm interested to know what the Back to the Sewer thing has in store. Is it connected to the 2003 series?

4. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Shred-head's voice in this series is one of the creepiest in animation just sends a chill down my spine. Observe (1:03 mark)

Better than Uncle Shredder (James Avery)

Oh yeah, Susan Blu voice directed the first three seasons of this show. Marty Isenberg was a big crew member as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  5. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I love(d) TMNT 2k3. One of my top 5 cartoons of all time!

I'll wait until Back to the Sewers actually airs to make my final decision, but something tells me TMNT 2k3 will officially end for me on May 20th when I am finally able to own the Lost Season on DVD! Back to the Sewers will pick up where FF left off so it's still in continuity. The Turtles will be traveling into Cyberspace or something like that.

It was a great five seasons (and maybe 2 or 3 good eps of FF) while it lasted.

6. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I LOVED TMNT2K3, it still stands as one of my favorite shows of all time. It's kinda fun to re-watch the first few episodes and hear how all the VAs sound before they got used to their roles.

I knew Fast Forward would suck. The first episode showed that there was SOME potential, but... that was lost almost immediately.

Hopefully the new series will stay closer to the story quality and tone of 2k3, but seeing as how there's yet another animation company doing it, it's hard to say.

7. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Yeah, it's hard to say how someone like Marty Isenberg having left to work on the wonderful TFA will impact the show, among other factors.

8. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Before it became Fast Forward, it had some good stuff. Especially towards the beginning.

9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Yeah. That's the one thing I hate Fox for. Insisting on rebooting the series, and completely scrapping the last season after it had already been finished. I honestly cannot think of a sane reason to make such a boneheaded move. The only good thing that came out of FF were the suits and weapons. They were pretty neat. That's pretty much it, though.

Splinter geting trapped in cyber space on the way back from the future sounds pretty stupid, but I'll at least watch the first couple of episodes. There's also another factor that seems really dumb. Apparently Don applies future tech to their lair and vehicles. Yeah, that's not going to fuck up the time stream.

Let's count ourselves lucky, though. The two previous concepts were even worse. The first idea Fox had was to make it a goddamn card battle show. I'm not kidding. Luckily Laird shot that idea down immediately. The other idea is almost as bad. On the way back from the future, they were going to accidentally pick up their child selves, and bring them into the present.

Yeah, I prefer the idea of cyber Splinter over card battles, and time displaced child doubles.

10. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To quote a piece of graffiti in "The Crow":
    never mind. read it yourself- it is on the wall next to Funboy when he's dead and starts with "I know why..."
    ninjas and cyberspace is like putting mayo on a booger sandwich. ugh.

i want the old skool- like there was a short comic in the old Palladium RPG (After the Bomb, i want to say) where mutants were common and all and this old mutant beats up a gang of thugs and you learn at the end, it is the last Turtle alive and he has dementia because he keeps talking to the other turtles. that is awesome.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Before the show went under, I was very-much hoping for an animated version of "The River" from the old black and white comics. They did a few episodes covering stand-alone comics from the series, but they skipped one of my favorites. I really hope the new season goes back to what it was. They lost me at Fast Forward.

12. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

Was "The River" the one with that mutated parasite where Raph de-evolves?

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be it, sir. I love the artist's style in that one, as well as the cool story.

edit: I enjoyed their take on Return to New York, I really did (and was surprised by the beheading, because at that point no one knew he was an Utrom), but there were things I missed, like Leo and Raph's big fight, and Raph going out on his own hunting the Foot.

Leo's Tale (the one where he gets his butt handed to him while on training run) was pure TMNT bliss, and aside from the snow vs. rain, was almost page by page the comic it was based on.

14. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I quite enjoyed that one too.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah for me it was always TMNT and Transformers neck and neck for my attention, and I was in nerd heaven when I heard the first lines from the 2003 cartoon.

"My name is Leonardo, and right now my brothers and I are in a mess of trouble."

Word for bloody word from the comic... "We're not wearing costumes."

I knew the fans were in for a ride with this... And those guys took it all the way to the Triceraton Fed war, and even made room for Zog, even if it wasn't in Return to New York. The voice acting was perfect and they even poked fun at the kiddy cartoon of the 80's when Splinter describes how imature they were as kids "When Mikey says Cowabunga" in a flashback.

With TF:Animated, I'm finally starting to feel that TF are at-last getting the right treatment.