TLK Voyager Grimlock In Box Pictures.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know people are in love with the deco, but how is this better than Takara's Movie Best?

2. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. For many wouldn't it be less expensive than the Tak MB version($54.99-BBTS)?
    2. some may not be thrilled about the green of the MB version.

pretty much subjective really, I'm really not sure how it's better than the the other movie-verse Voyager scale Grimmys but I'm liking the look of this Qrimlock so there's I may get it IF mold degradation isn't an issue.

3. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Been thinking about this line for a while now....is it possible we are only getting a hand full of figures ( and a repaint of AOE Bee) because of the bumblebee movie next year? Maybe they don\'t want to over saturate the shelves with movie figures incase not all eaves are sold in time for that.

literally the only thing I can think of as to why there aren\'t many figures in this line and the reason we have a repainted Bee. If no new mold comes for him we will undoubedteldy see it for next years film. Makes sense in a way.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Skottech

News Credits:
    I hadn't considered that, but it does make sense.

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, the robot mode is passable, but the dino mode is outlandishly awful. The idea they'd rerelease this mold yet again is astounding. You can see it's the same awful dino head.

6. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

The repaints make sense. I know where used to getting new molds between movies but this (besides Bumblebee) makes sense because every character (besides Bumblebee) looks the same except for paint sculpt. What Hasbro is doing makes more sense than any other movie line comparison or continuing series yet people still complain. Like how does that make sense. Grimlock has the exact same design as last time in the movie so they should make a new mold so they can waste their budget and characters who are actually new will be crappy because they made a new mold for a character who didn't change design. Hooligan and Mohawk will probably be new molds. Same with Onslaught. Giving characters with no design change new molds is a waste of budget and Hasbro knows fans like you will complain later when the low budget leads to a bad or kiddish (don't know why many collectors and G1 Fanboys love this word) figure. They're trying to avoid such backlash. It would be like if Hasbro just randomly creates a new remold of RID 2015 Warrior Bumblebee for no reason. Sometimes I think fans like you love to complain about Hasbro and take every precaution to do so. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but when you're complaining about a later figure, remember what I told you.

Deluxe Bumblebee is garbage but I'm pretty sure this film will be kinda like AOE. Bee will start with his old design and then get his new design later. I hope this is true.
    It makes no sense considering it's been said there will be less Transformers in the Bumblebee movie.

7. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Doesn't the dread guy have a new mold and he's basically the same?

8. AirjitzuRonin

It's called an opinion my friend. An opinion is defined as:
    1. a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
    2. Something hated, ignored, or thought of as fake by many members of the Transformers Fanbase.
    Sorry if that sounds rude.
    Also, not everyone has the money to import Takara figures. It's really expensive. In fact, the people who buy many Takara figures are probably rich or have a really good paying job.
    We haven't seen Berserker in the movie yet so how can we say he's the same design in the movie. He's probably a reconstruction of Crankcase which would make sense for a new mold because the body is probably rebuilt with upgrades.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  9. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    From what we've seen of the Berserker toy, his design is negligibly different from Crankcase's, so it's likely just a case that DOTM Crankcase figure is too expensive for Hasbro to produce at the current Deluxe pricepoint.

10. AirjitzuRonin

The name difference makes me feel it's an Energon Inferno/Cybertron Leobreaker case.

11. MegaPrime135

MegaPrime135 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what Bumblebee figure that is, behind the Bumblebee figure he is holding in the 2nd picture? I'm not talking about that titan figure.

12. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Looking for a Camaro to get rid of godawful VW Bug
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's the same crappy looking Bee figure... (sorry just had to insert that rant again)

13. Skottech

News Credits:
    to me, the number of TF's in that movie has no bearing on the idea that it's possible that the designers may want to focus any new BB development towards the BBM & not TLK.

14. MegaPrime135

I just looked back at the first picture. You can see in the left corner i'ts just another repaint of Dark of the moon legends class Bumblebee... Honestly, these repaints are getting annoying IMO.

15. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It seems unlikely. Bumblebee has only ever upgraded from a much older model Camaro into the new concept vehicle. Every other change has been off screen between movies.

There's no reason why Bumblebee would wait the amount of time between films and then suddenly revert back to his old body, it's not the same as him upgrading from an old banger into something up to date, or from an 'evasion' mode to a new car and copying Stinger's design to make a point.

They've literally painted the car mode to resemble the new car AND he has his new robot form on the box so I wouldn't be surprised if this is it. Though the simpler toys will probably get new figures, just to mess with us.

16. AirjitzuRonin

Oh that's what you mean't. I got you.

While that may be the case, what if they just made a BB repaint for Wave 1 because BB has to be in Wave 1 of anything not Generations and the TLK BB will come later.

17. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Less, yes but that doesn't mean others wont show up.

When hotrods model was released didnt it say he was like a brother or something to Bee? I wouldn't be surprised if the Bee films was a prequel (how he lost his voice etc) and a sequel to TLK. But not over saturating the shelves with waves of movie figures in favour of RID and TR makes absolute sense when we are getting a TF film yearly.

18. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Looking for a Camaro to get rid of godawful VW Bug
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Actually, I'd take a redeco of DOTM deluxe Bee... even though it was just painted to resemble the new Camaro

19. AirjitzuRonin

Ok i got it.

2018 will probably be Power of the Primes and RID (if it's still running) and a very small line of figures for the BB Movie.

20. MegaPrime135

Yeah, you're right. The DOTM mold is pretty good. But still, I'd like some originality from Hasbro. But if they decide to redeco the DOTM BB, I'd probably pick it up.

• Like Like x 1