TLK Rumor Post

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by GirlBot, Sep 16, 2016.

1. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    So as the title says I thought about post that partakes to rumors about The Last Knight. Things that may be (or sound) valid, but there is no official confirmation or photos. A post to avoid the same fiasco that happened with Sadzid Husic and that score that will never be :lol 

If anyone can double check or verify the following.

Justin Tranchita, an American singer, songwriter, actor, whose single This is America was the number one song on the Billboard Twitter Emerging Artist chart in November 2015, twitted September 15 (he has 27.2K followers on Twitter)
    Twitter

That's probably an album song if it comes to be.

And AlnwickNLand on Twitter (supposedly an official Twitter account for Northumberland town, 6.2K followers) twitted today
    Twitter

Which to me looks more like a publicity stunt (the account has a lot of posts on Northumberland ongoings) than an actual info. Either that or they confused Anthony Hopkins with Morgan Freeman.

Did anyone hear anything else?

2. Sixshot93

Sixshot93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bring on the rumours. ⚔

3. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not getting my hopes up whatsoever but Morgan Freeman in Transformers would be freakin' awesome. That's gotta be some weird mix-up with Anthony Hopkins though.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sixshot93

News Credits:
    Yeah, now *that* would be hilariously disastrous to hear!

5. pie125

pie125 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Oh man Morgan Freeman.

Now that would be something.

What if he's
    Merlin?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sixshot93

News Credits:
    I'm really not sure I believe the Morgan Freeman rumour. But then again, my gut tells otherwise.

And maybe he is [REDACTED]. If so then ... :rock :bowdown: :duel :bay 

8. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I personally suspect that Merlin will be played by
    Anthony Hopkins. Hopkins can be seen with the motion capture character in England filming. The Joblo leak said that Merlin was given his powers by a Transformer, and I can see that "Transformer" being "the Creator." I think Merlin has survived to the present day, and he is with his old friend who gave him his powers.

I am not convinced by the Santiago Cabrera rumors, although I wouldn't discount the idea entirely.

I also think "the Creator" is likely inspired by Mara-Al-Utha in that he is likely a banished member of the Creator race who has dabbled in wizardry given it said Merlin gained his powers from a Transformer of sorts. However, I think this Creator will be a good guy for at least part of the film as opposed to the villainous Mara-Al-Utha since the mo-capture actress seems to be helping Wahlberg and Haddock in their own strange way.

9. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    Yup. I'm not on board with Santiago Cabrera playing Merlin.

Is Mara-Al-Utha a character from the 3rd season of G1 who gave Daniel Witwicky those strange nightmares?

On the other note, this article has some new photos from the set: TRANSFORMERS: More reader pictures from Alnwick

At 0:50 mark they show an E7-7 (I think) tank! But it may be a part of the 76th anniversary of the Battle of Britain celebrations and only got caught in crossfire.

Edit: Actually, it may be Mk IV from WWI. It is probably just standing on the grounds and will have no part in filming.

tf5_tank.PNG tf5_tank_2.PNG

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  10. Galvatross

Well it was Quintessons who gave Daniel the nightmares, but Mara-Al-Utha was not among them. Mara-Al-Utha was the one in Madman's Paradise known as the "Red Wizard" who ruled the fanciful realm of Menonia.

And the only way I wouldn't mind Santiago being Merlin was if Merlin is a shape shifter who takes many human forms. In fact, I think that could be kind of neat since it would make him a human Transformer of sorts!

11. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    Ok! It looks like I really need to rewatch the original cartoon. It appears I put together two episodes "Madman's Paradise" you mentioned and "Nightmare Planet". Both had castles and wizards :lol 

Personally, I'm not against the idea, but the rumors and the sightings of Santiago seem to contradict each other, so that's why I'm not on board. His photos show him wearing a TRF uniform, so I can't see him being someone else.

But Anthony Hopkins could really be Merlin. I'm curious about that mo-cap actress. Is she supposed to be a she or a he? Also it's rather interesting to see her walking among the actors. I initially thought that she would be a location-bound character.

12. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Look at the
    id it was just a tank sitting there as part of England's celebrating the history of the tank, I wouldn't think anything of it but seeing it's a old tank (something Bay would have in a TF movie) and it says E7 on the side, makes me really think it could be a TF.

13. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    she is a HE.

14. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    Ok, than that's one thing cleared. The real question is who might it be? I'm willing to go with Galvatross' idea that it may be the rumored Creator, but whether it is a transformer or some other alien is yet to be seen. I don't think we had mo-cap actors in previous films.

15. Galvatross

Rather than start a new thread, I would rather add it to this one.

It has been three months since the Joblo rumor came out, and it this point we can say pretty safely that the rumor was correct. However, there is a pattern I notice about character reveals in the rumor.

Every Transformer named in the rumor is either a previous character definitely known to still be alive (Megatron, Prime, Bee, Crosshairs, Drift, Hound, Dinobots), a new character who uses a vague title ("the Creator," Mini-Dinobots), or a name not seen in the brand before (Sqweeks, Cogman).

However, those are definitely not the only robots in the film. I notice that returning characters whose survival was not previously known (Barricade) or new characters with established names (Hot Rod, Onslaught) are not mentioned in the rumor at all. It seems like the source of the rumor did not get all of the information. Additionally, we know there is a junk truck Transformer with a cloak as well as the rusty VW, the Decepticon bike, and the McLaren. This suggests to me that the vehicles I just mentioned likely transform into named characters established in other parts of the brand. The question is what are the other named characters they are hiding? Either way, it's obvious the rumor, while true, did not reveal everything.

16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    A Decepticon Tank?

17. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    I noticed that the rumors cover only part of what's being filmed, too. The leak revealed plenty of characters, so the announcement of Barricade's return or Hot Rod's arrival came out of blue. Notice that the leak does not mention neither TRF or Isabela Moner's character, which is surprising, because Isabela's character is closely tied to Sqweeks (whom they call Squeaks in article) and she was known to be in it much sooner than Anthony Hopkins. It looks like they did hear something from someone, but the source does not have all the informations. There's a lot of guessing on their part in the article like whom Anthony Hopkins will play or what is the MacGuffin. Russian Fan visited the set recently and learned that the filming crew does not know all the details or even the names of the new transformers, so I guess that the Joblo article is based on some hearsay, too. That would explain lack of info on current ongoings or the new characters. As you noted, a lot of named characters are returning characters. Sqweeks is easy to pinpoint, because he has a prop on the set, but it did not stop the journalist from mispronouncing his name (Sqweeks sounds a lot like Squeaks).

You know, there's really not much actual info in that leak article. Let's skip what we know and focus on new things:

The article was posted on June 14th. At this point in time we knew that Mark Wahlberg and Josh Duhamel are back from official channels and that Anthony Hopkins is on board. They say that Bumblebee and co are returning which is logical, because they survived the last movie, so no news points on this front. They do mention Mini-Dinobots, which may be news or may simply be an educated guess based on the concept art from AOE (there was a raptor squad). They say there will be three new characters: Squeaks (easy to spot on set), "Cogman", an Aston Martin (which could also be spotted on set) and "the Creator" who is said to have ties to origin of Transformers (which is no news to us; the Creators were expected to appear in this movie based on what we learned in AOE). Megatron was confirmed long before the article in one of the teasers.

The only big piece of news is the general plot description and the inclusion of Arthurian legends.

18. Galvatross

It was very vague indeed.

My guess is that Paramount only released vague details at industry events since the previous Joblo rumor for TF 4 also turned out true, and it was from an industry show or event that Joblo's source had got it from.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yeah I really wonder who so many of these bots are?

20. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2