Minor/Repaint: TLK Berserker

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by zark225, May 27, 2020.

1. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    After seeing this post on Instagram Login • Instagram I randomly got inspired to customize a spare TLK Deluxe Berserker into something a tad more movie accurate! Originally it was going to be just the robot mode but then I had ideas for the vehicle mode and decided to do that too. Overall, there were probably 3 to 4 hours worth of work put into this thing.

Let's start off with the vehicle mode! Since Berserker wasn’t shown transforming in the movie this is obviously something that I came up with, but I wanted something more than a plain Suburban. Based on Berserker's brief bit of personality (psychotic and violent) I assumed that his vehicle form might be completely beat to hell and ran with it. I used an X-Acto knife and pin punch to scar up and carve out chunks of the vehicle mode. From scratches on the doors and hood to cracks and bullet holes in the glass, this was a lot of fun. After this I used a darker silver dry brush on the main body, along with some black, and used a lighter silver for the glass. I wish the red "X" could have turned out a bit better on the hood, but it'll do for now. I may try to fix it in the future.

IMG_5827.JPG IMG_5828.JPG IMG_5829.JPG IMG_5830.JPG IMG_5831.JPG IMG_5832.JPG

Next up is the robot mode! I did my best to use the short bit of screentime that he had in the film and that post in the link at the top as reference for this guy. I started off doing a black wash on him, which was simple enough, and then dry brushed on dark silver, slightly lighter silver, and then finally regular silver. I also redid the red on the arms and the "X" on the chest with a mix of red and silver. After being satisfied, I used a metallic green for the random splotches that he has in the movie and added some extra just to make it a bit more interesting and sort of fill in where you can't really see in the film itself.

IMG_5834.JPG IMG_5835.JPG IMG_5836.JPG IMG_5837.JPG IMG_5838.JPG IMG_5839.JPG IMG_5840.JPG

So there is that custom! I am hoping to do another one of this mold soon with turning one into Crankcase, especially since Studio Series was a let down in that regard. Let me know what you think!

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 14
  2. The Fallen

The Fallen Retired Collector

Amazing work! The whole thing is superb, but I really like the color blending on the dreads in robot mode and the bullet holes in the vehicle mode. Your dry brushing is top notch, as well.

• Like Like x 2
  3. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Thank you! I get concerned with my dry brushing since it can be a bit messy sometimes. Luckily the actual look of the character is messy so it can sorta hide it.

4. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

The scrapes make the vehicle mode alot more interesting, the bullet holes too!

• Like Like x 2