Titsns return popularity

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ayleron, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Ayleron

Ayleron Autobot Vanguard

So I was not that big into combiner wars, Computron was the one I had as a kid and he was a pipe dream during that line. So I don't know if that line was the same when it came out. But it seems to me that Titans return is even more popular/successful than combiner wars was. Do you agree?

For me I have really enjoyed the line, which is a big deal since I hated the headmaster gimmick before this release. Now I would no mind if Titans Return continued for extra waves in 2017.

2. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I think CW really helped grease the tracks for the TR debut.

Like back to back home runs.

3. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

HasTak has really been nailing this "Prime Wars" trilogy. I have Hasbro Superion and Menasor, plus Hound, BC Optimus Prime, Wreck-Gar, and I just picked up Scourge. I'm probably going pretty close to all in on Titans Return and I have Victorion, G2 Bruticus, Computron, Liokaiser, the Optimus Maximus limbs, Deluxe Vortex, a loose G2 Quickslinger, Ultra Magnus, Voyager Cyclonus, UW Devastor, UW Guardian, and UW Lynx King on my buying list for the next several months. (Thank God for disposable income!)

It's a pretty great time to be a Transformers fan, I dare say.

4. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The thing with Combiner Wars was that to fully enjoy the play pattern you had to spent about $100 (four deluxe toys and one voyager). However with Titans return you one need one or two toys to get the full experience. I really enjoyed TR Scourge before ever getting any other toys for this line. Transforming him and putting the littler guy in the vehicle mode or in the gun was fun. It only got better when I got Galvatron and Wheelie. Now I have two Titan Masters and it is even better.

With CW you had to have a full combiner team to get in to the intended play pattern, but with TR one toy gets you there and every new toy just adds to it.

5. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

Those who know me also know that I am a "stubborn" TakaraTomy fanboy. :lol  So when it comes to Hasbro, I am currently agreeing that Titans Return is turning out to be better than Combiner Wars.

I mean... Come on! Why did we need a leader-class Skywarp and Thundercracker? That alone was more annoying, to me, when compared to hearing how fans wanted vintage G1 for a reboot G1 line! And even though some accessories were superior to its Unite Warriors line, the only one that stood out to me was Devastator.

However, right out of the starting lane has us see a slew of characters we never thought would be made. Some, despite the gimmick, have fans updating their CHUG collections. And others saying how this character, that character, etc. was long overdue! Stuff I never thought I would hear when it comes to Hasbro's rebooted Generations line.

So yes... I think that unless they can do much better with the currently rumored "Titans Unite" line, I think this is the best one yet. :) 

6. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I think I can tell you why "Tits n s" Returning is popular ;) 

Seriously, when Hasbro does great characters with great engineering and great plastic quality, fans notice. Let's just hope the kids notice as well.

7. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Why
    Do you bold
    names of lines
    when the convention
    is to use italics

8. Fenrir Zero

Besides the fact it is my style? I use bold as a means of denoting the fact that said mentioning has a major emphasis to what I am saying. Just like how in every Star Wars film, they use ALL-CAPS for everything that the viewer needs to know in advance.

For example, I would say "As a member of this site, WheelWave140 is one of those guys I respect."

Which is the truth, by the way.

Versus the use of italic, which becomes a subtle means of saying there is a secondary subject, or issue, without putting any real emphasis on it. Especially when it does not deserve any attention.

For example, I would say "I wonder if that specific member knows that his lack of maturity is why I have blocked him."

Which is also another truth.

So I hope that answers your question. And now my question for you is this: "Why could you not ask me that through a private message?"

9. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

:gen069: 

Why does it matter? Hell, I personally have no clue myself about "convention", I just type shit out, I never bold or italicize any names of lines... Who cares?

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

One of the monthly polls TFW is now holding was on that. Most people love the line. I don't, but I'm not gonna tell you not to.

11. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    What's tits n s?

12. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Titties and ass, homie.

They're making a cumback.

/banworthy humor

13. Fenrir Zero

I pretty much get why people might not like it.

The Titan Master gimmick can be seen as an obstacle. The plastic does not feel as solid as they want it to be. There is no mentioning of Targetmasters or Powermasters. Toys"R"Us raised their prices from $12.99 to you needing to sign a waiver that says you will give them your kidney. The fiction does not reflect what was seen in the old cartoon series. Hasbro is secretly Cobra in disguise, and is creating a "weather dominator" with their profits. Michael Bay. Scorponok was overlooked. And... They are overlooking what the adult collectors want by making this line.

So I can relate. And I will hope that the next line is something you will like. :) 

14. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Thansk for the laugh :lol 

15. JoshFinn

JoshFinn Getting real sick of your shit starscream

had to do a double take on this part and it did not disappoint. No offence ayleron but this is a great spam thread.

16. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Still early days. I've not gotten any of the toys yet but Titans Return seems to be of a better quality than Combiner Wars. But I think people are saying that due to remold/repaint fatigue of Combiner Wars. As a gimmick though, I think that Combiner Wars is better than Titans Return. I'm not particularly a fan of switching heads around as it makes the toys look odd. Perhaps if there were completely new characters without an established appearance, switching heads around with them wouldn't look out of place.

Not a problem. I have seven complete combiners right now (including recolors) and one left over Deluxe. And I will have Takara Computron in September.

Sure. I hope they do the remaining 1987 and 1988 Headmasters before the line is over. Right now that's Scorponok, Apeface, Snapdragon, Hosehead, Nightbeat, Siren, Fangry, Squeezeplay and Horri-Bull. I don't mind them releasing just the heads right now if they intend to do proper new Deluxes and Voyagers for the characters later on.

Hasbro have also started doing the 1987 Targetmasters as well, so I hope we also see the remaining Targetmasters get done as well. So far, those that we don't know about is Cyclonus, Kup, Crosshairs, Pointblank, Sureshot, Slugslinger and Misfire.

If you're serious, and its hard to tell with some people, its just so that fans can have the original three seekers from the same mold. You'd be surprised how important that is to some people.

Yeah... so? Little of it does right now.

17. MrAngry

MrAngry Proud to be Geek!

Hasbro sucked me back in with CW bad!!! It was my favorite gimick as a kid, and the current line really made me smile. ITs part of the reason I started collecting again! Hell, I spent yesterday in my office watching SDCC stuff, and playing with the combiners. I had every one of them I own down, pulled them apart for alt modes and individual bot modes. Even Devastator!

Then they went and threw TR out! Yep, they got me again! Fort Max was my childhood holy grail, and the others I've managed to grab are all fantastic. Even the little Titan Masters guys, who I originally had no interest in. But as the waves started showing up, I started looking on the fondly. Now, between my son and I, we are 1 short of both launch waves of TM's, missing only Brawn.

Hasbro, taking my money again. :) 

18. EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly Sucker for a GERWALK Mode

Combiner Wars definitely greased the wheels. I got pulled in toward the end of that line, and while having zero "official" combiners, I have now got several of these gestalts.

I thought I'd be done when that ended, and my initial reaction to TR seemed to lean that direction. But, I've already purchased the two waves of Titan Masters, and some of the Deluxe figures just look amazing. I'm less into the "gimmick" of the Headmasters than I was the Combiners, but the TR figures are winning me over in appearance.

I won't be completest, by any means, but going from thinking I'd pick up zero full-size figures to planning at least five purchases? That's a win for HasTak.

19. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Combiner Wars suffered from multiple problems
    -too many remolds (for example the constant reuse of the Alpha Bravo and Breakdown molds)
    -Bad Engineering/QC issues in this case due to the combining nature of the line, they could sink an entire Wave as we saw with (Motormaster/Menasor)
    -too ambitious and too many cut corners. even limited to mostly vehicular combiners, it tried to do 6 different combining teams from g1 using modern day toy design and technology, but on a limited budget. So naturally corners were cut as we saw with the Hasbro Devastator and Computron.

Ultimately CW was viewed in a less kind light by the fans due to heightened expectations that Hasbro didn't really try and meet. The expectations for Titans Returns are much limited now (partially due to the terrible light of CW). And for Titans Returns, a terrible Galvatron or Skullsmasher isn't going to ruin everything here unlike in CW. And the characters covered are more obscure and thus less expectations and also the bar for pulling off a success is lower.

20. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

I actually quite enjoyed the leader class seeker mold. I like them as the seekers better than I liked Jet fire. I got Starscream and Thundercracker, and they look good next to my leader Megs. (completionism be damned, I didn't get skywarp because I just couldn't justify buying the mold fourth time.) I think the upcoming leader Soundwave will complement Megs and starscream well, I like have the decepticons at that scale. I can't afford every Masterpiece that comes down the pipe!