Titans- too big for your collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheBeastman, Jun 27, 2016.

1. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm just wondering if there's anyone else here who can't justify buying the titan figures because of their size. The price is a problem of course, but I could justify it eventually. There's just nowhere on my shelves and very little space in my entire home that I could actually put these guys! Even Devestator is too big for it.

So, what about you guys? Anyone else having this "problem"?

2. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    yup. i'm with you. I don't have Metroplex and don't plan on getting FOrt Max for that reason. I didn't get Devestator because I wanted it to be the same size as the other combiners

3. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I'm not having any problems with Devastator & Metroplex, in fact I like how Devastator looks behind my Marvel Legends. I don't know where I'm going to put them but I will find a way to display Fortress Maximus & Trypticon.

4. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Leader is the biggest. And even of those I will not buy many. I have currently 2 (maybe 3 if you count MP Grimlock) and there will be at least one more. But then I will only buy maybe one or two Decepticon leaders, if they right characters are released at that size class. That is, if I still have enough space for them. I mostly buy Deluxes. I did not even buy any combiner. I might have made an exception for Predaking. Although Devastator was really tempting. But still: No space. Leader is really biggest size that I can fit in.

5. TheSupernova

TheSupernova Out there. Thataway.

News Credits:
    Yeah, the Titan size class generally isn't for me as I don't have the space to display anything that big.

I only bought Devastator since he could split into the individual Constructicons, and therefore I had more options when it came to appreciating it/them.

Oh well, just one more Fort Max for the rest of you guys, right? :) 

6. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat, I store my collection in small bins, but I would LOVE to get a hold of just the Cerebros figure.

I wonder if that is something they would ever offer?

7. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

I bought Metroplex, but he's pretty much sitting in a plastic tub right now along with my G1 reissue Fort Max. I skipped Devastator because I was happier with the size on Hercules and didn't feel the need to spend more money on a base I had covered already.

I'm going to skip Titan Fort Max, even though I would love to own him, for lack of storage or display room for him, and because the money I'd spend on him can go for other things.

8. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Same here. I also thing that those molds (CW Contructicons) would have worked better at a deluxe scale.

9. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Completely understandable. I have Metroplex, and will get Ft Max, cause I gotta get em all, and think I have it displayed decently so he doesn't completely tower over everyone in my classics display. The nice thing is that CW somewhat filled in some height issues in displays so that they don't tower as much over everyone, but it would be nice to get a few random figures to have a little more variation in the display. I am out of room with my classic autobots (which are all I really have on display now) and could probably slide in another shelf if I nixed Ft Max. Can create a lot of lost vertical space.

10. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

I live in a studio apartment, but I'm still gonna make room.

11. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    Oh, how I WISH I had room for Titans. If I'm lucky, I'll get Fort Max for Christmas.

In a perfect world, you'd have the Titans, and then the same figures, just stripped down a bit and at a size that's between Leader and Titan.

12. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    I've only got Metroplex, but it won't be that hard to fit the other Titans in my line. I do plan on getting Fort Max and Trypticon. They don't go on my shelves, however, they stand on the ground level.

13. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Top shelf on a book case if you have no wear else in city mode with lil bots all over them if your really stuck for ideas

14. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Yes and no.

Yes, if I were to buy every single one.

No, because I am not going to buy everyone, just Devestator (one down) and Omega Supreme (one to go).

15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still don't know where I'll put Fort Max when he arrives.

16. Driskull98

Driskull98 Evil is as evil do.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    I'm honestly thinking of restricting my Classics collection size limit to Voyager figures as the largest. The past couple of Generations Leaders have been pretty awful, especially Jetfire. Not to mention they're just straight-up way too big for my current living space.

Ultra Magnus is the exception, his large size is a staple of the character, he might be the only one I keep.

17. levyshahar

levyshahar Nemesis Wheelie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Already have Metroplex and the gigantic action Scorponok. I'll make room for fort max and Trypticon, but that's absolutely it for the giants

18. openchallenge

openchallenge It's own reward

So far they have been spaced apart enough that it doesn't feel like a big deal. I wasn't planning on getting Devastator but seeing the box at the store got me. Also the big clip on Metroplex's arm can be pushed back out from the inside. I rebox him and he spends most his time out of the way under a bed. Devastator's box fits in the stackable bins I use and I only have Scrapper and Scavenger displayed on my shelf. They've been manageable at the pace they've been coming out so far. If Fortress Maximus is around during Christmas I might get him.

19. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Fort Max had been more compact like the G1 version I probably could've found room for him as a display stand for my legends figures, but I really don't have anywhere to put him as he is now. The fact that my main interest is in smaller toys now doesn't really help matters.

20. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I had two Metroplex's (sold the Hasbro one, kept the Takara one), have two Devastators (CW and UW), the OS Feral Rex, and YotS Omega Supreme. I think I'm at my limit, and even though I never really planned on getting Fort Max, I don't think my shelves could handle it.
    Well, they'll still handle a titan Trypticon or Scorponok, but that's it. :ev: 

Personally, when I get larger figures, I prefer Voyagers. They seem to be the all-around best bang for the buck. Leaders are okay, but considering they aren't as beefy as older Leader class figures, I only get them when it's worth it.