Titans Returns deluxe Mindwipe

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by PlanckEpoch, Aug 27, 2016.

1. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, the feet do need some more engineering than just the rocker friction joints, in practice the wing edges help stability thankfully.

2. shizen22

shizen22 Subaru's drill punch

News Credits:
    I have 1 minor gripe and 1 major gripe about Mindwipe. The minor one is that the bat head moves out of place too easily. The major gripe is that the hole that the Titan Master leg plugs into inside the bat "cockpit" is too tight. The design of the cockpit already makes removing a properly seated TM difficult. On top of that, unlike most other figures where the hole the leg plugs into is generally loose, the hole in Mindwipe's cockpit is actually tight which makes it almost impossible to remove a seated TM without ripping some part off somewhere. Because of that, I usually just have the TM rolled up into a head when putting it in the cockpit area.

3. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He looks awesome. Great colors. The rubber parts are a bummer, but overall he is a perfect update.

4. Neekotron

Neekotron We're in Ratbat Country!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    He's pretty bad ass. I kind of feel like these beast headmasters were the retools, for greater things to come. Bat mode is okay, but bot mode is very striking. I do wish his thighs were slightly longer, but I'm definitely happy having this update to the only con headmaster I had as a kid.

Attached Files:

5. CountDrunkula

CountDrunkula Sturdy Beard

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review, and for giving me a few reasons to reconsider Mindwipe. I am still not really feeling him, but he is growing on me. The wings to legs transformation is SUCH a cool idea, but the execution here is...hmm. However, I do very much like having the Decepticon Headmaster trio on hand. Speaking of...

[​IMG]

6. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I got Weirdwolf finally and honestly, Mindwipe is my favorite of them. I'm in love with the mold, I have to say. What wins me over is the huge range of expression this guy has due to how he's articulated. Awesome stuff. Just look at the sword poses this guy can do thanks to Convobat, which I'm getting too.

Goddamn I love Mindwipe!

7. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like the look of him, but the short thighs are a bit of a downer. Undecided if I'll try and pick him up.

8. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Mindwipe is a mixed bag for me. Where I think Skullcrunch and Weirdwolf are vast improvements over their G-1 counterparts, Mindwipe felt like a cop-out

The cockpit is a mess (getting the TM partner in and out), the stubby arm-to-bat leg transformation is wonky and cumbersome to get the wings attached to. I don't like the soft plastic on the head or the tips of the wings either.

The one thing I hope we get from this mold is a decent fangry. I feel like this toy looks more like fangry than it does Mindwipe.

9. Galva12

Galva12 Galvatron's "YES" Men

Fantastic review, sold me on this guy! After the cw line, I am loving the diversity that the titans return line is giving us. At first the bat head in robot mode bugged me, just folded down backpack-like on his back, then I remenbered his original G1 toy was the same way.
    I wish his shield could clip onto his forearm so it would look like part of his arm, but I can probably fix that. His ankels are loose on mine too, another thing easly fixed.
    I LOVE the shade of red his eyes are in robot mode!

Overall, this is a great figure!

Thanks for the great review!

10. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Found this guy today and while I'm not overly impressed like I was with Blurr and Hardhead I find I really like him. I'll focus on a few points for positive and negative and leave it at that.

Gripes:

The bat head doesn't rotate or pivot to look forward so prepare to suspend your belief for flying I suppose or at the very least just expect his beast mode to do only one thing. I'd love to see a 3P add on piece for this.

People are right - the connection point in the cockpit is far to tight. You're going to want shave some plastic out of there (I did) or you're going to need a tool of some sort to get the TM out. If you attempt to pull him out by his arms they'll disconnect first and you'll probably pull the little guys legs off too (I did this as well) since they're not pinned.

Short thighs. They're not super terrible but they're noticeable for sure and some poses come off really awkward as a result. This is an unfortunate bi-product of the transformation.

Awesomeness:

His transformation is fun and interesting (thanks to those wings) and he's solid in both modes. Note - there's a notch in each beast wing and a tab on each bot wing. Those fit into each other for beast mode and you need to move the beast legs down a touch to make them line up. The instructions don't make this clear. Also, the beast head has small tabs for it to lock in place for each mode. I was quite surprised to find that the bot legs hold together so well. Well done Has-Tak.

The gun+shield tail combo makes for decent storage/accessory usage even if it does look slightly out of place due to the visual design.

Paint, wow there's a lot of it for a retail Hasbro product.... I'm still going to hit it with more. There's so much mold detail to bring out!

There's barely any visible hollow bits. The only real eyesore is the underside of his wrists however that's entirely functional because the hands fold in there and... well, it's the underside of his wrists.

As an aside; I don't get the hate for the rubbery plastic. It manages to do it's job from a safety standpoint while also remaining completely functional; the locking tabs they contain work really well. Maybe it's a tactile thing for some folks? I dunno, everyone's welcome to their opinion but I think the hate is unwarranted.

Overall, I think he's worth your time and money.

11. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    Not many shots of him doing his hypnotizing pose. Or at least none I've seen.

12. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  13. Arduous

Arduous Megatron Rules All TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

14. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Going Takara for Mindwipe also. I don't mind Hasbro's head this time, but I prefer Takara's colors.

[​IMG]
    Hasbro's has too much purple in bat mode for my liking.

15. Dachande

Dachande Formerly Yaujta... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just found Mindwipe today.
    The hype is real. This figure is awesome! I am so impressed by the transformation and the overall feel of the figure. Even the softer plastic doesn't detract from it, and actually feels pretty sturdy.
    Makes me glad I'm getting the Takara version, too. Can't have too many bat-formers.

• Like Like x 1
  16. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm in total love with the Mindwipe mold. He's the best of them all I feel. Like I really goddamn love with this guy.

So Fansproject's not-Mindwipe has a pair of shotguns as weapons, so I figured out since I had a pair of shotguns too...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Got him today along with Chromedome and Highbrow. I had Mindwipe back in G1 and this feels like being 9-10 years old again. This figure is fantastic. Love the transformation. He is fantastic.

18. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Mindwipe is one of my favorite updated Headmasters of this line (along with Weirdwolf, Hardhead, Fort Max.....,)

19. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

No need for Takara's high import prices, when you can buy a teeeeeeny tiny paint brush for $2.

[​IMG]

20. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mindwipe is pretty awesome. Don't mind the rubbery bits at all.

My only small gripes are the lack of paint on Vorath (fixable) and that the ankles aren't pinned.