Titans Return Wave 4 assortments

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Jan 5, 2017.

1. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What about UW Blastoff/Strafe and deluxe Groove . They are more than willing to create brand new molds :) 

• Like Like x 2
  2. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Now I'm wondering how much info they'll be revealing at the NY Toy fair in Feb.
    With Botcon gone and no SDCC until 7/20 or HasCon(whatever its called) until Sept. That leaves the door open for 2 or 3 more waves during that time (Waves 4, 5 and 6?). And doesn't Titan class figures come out around July or August each year?

Just hoping this toy fair isn't selfish with new TR info since SDCC will likely be for next years line.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I want pictures of these newly mentioned figures. Pictures!
    Krok is probably a Skullcruncher repaint because of the name but I'd love for him to be a jet and look like he does in MTMTE.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    More confirmation that the rumors we've heard from the podcast are true!

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the others.

• Like Like x 1
  5. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    me on seeing BB repacked with basically a repaint of himself:
    :banghead: 
    i mean, why wouldn't we repack BB instead of probably the most desired army builder of all time.

that's like the Hasbroiest maneuver i've seen them pull since the DotM BB onslaught.
    IIRC, Robot Kingdom is in Asia (HK?), so that February date is probably a good 4-8 weeks ahead of when things will hit retail.
    i REALLY hope it's a repaint of Siren instead of a repack of DerpFace. Nightbeat deserves better.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought that Topspin was a Triggerhappy retool based on the two guns he comes with and the concept that the rest of the robot spins around the torso when transforming. Hardhead wouldn't be too bad, unsure how they would do Twintwist from it though.

Don't get me wrong, Bumblebee is far from a bad toy and I am not Gnaw's biggest fan, but repackaging a toy with it's repaint is never a good move. If it were Kickback or Gnaw fans could buy them simply for having two or three as army builders.

• Like Like x 2
  7. combinerlover

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Is it me or didn`t those podcasts all so predict Abominus as well as Predaking ? And if not , who did ?

• Like Like x 1
  8. primeisboss

primeisboss Bearing the Matrix of Leadership

News Credits:
    I agree on Krok from Skullcruncher and I think that Quake will be a retool of Hardhead. I wonder how hasbro will officially anounce Krok,Topspin,and Quake since they are supposed to be released before NY Toy Fair.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    I don't think abominus or predaking were from the transmissions podcast source, deepthroating

10. artiepants

News Credits:
    pretty sure those came from the "Sketchy asian social media" rumors, although Abominus as a rumor goes all the way back to Nuremberg toy fair 2015, when tfw2005er Marvelous got some inside baseball from a Hasbro rep: I believe that was the first moment we heard about Computron as well.

even if Abominus never happens, we've heard enough rumors for me to believe he's at least been in the plans and on the drawing board.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

They actually did release Black Shadow eventually in late 2015. Better late than never I guess.

Yeah, I could kinda see Triggerhappy. I'm going off Hardhead because Topspin's arms looked to have the same general shape, and the torso looks to have that same multi-colored tapering where Hardhead's front folds down, and it looks like Topspin has a blocky back like Hardhead's rear. But it could be the front of the vehicle folded like Triggerhappy. I guess it depends on how they deal with the front "blades" or drills.

Yeah, I can't disagree on that. I definitely agree repacking Bee is a massive headscratcher, unless it's some dumbass short-sighted "Hey, Bee's in the movie this year, let's have as many out as possible!" nonsense. Hopefully he's at least short-packed this time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. artiepants

News Credits:
    my prediction is Topspin is a premold of the rumored Slugslinger, and Triggerhappy will get remolded to Misfire (he already has his legs, just needs a new cockpit section and new arms/wings.

• Like Like x 5
  13. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

I like your idea better. Especially given Slugslinger's pronged front.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Thats my line of thinking too when the list of rumors came up and Slugslinger & Misfire was listed. Of course I could also see them using Slugslinger to make the rumored Needlenose too.

15. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I think I'll give him TF ADV Roadblock's and just say the other fella ran off.

• Like Like x 1
  16. artiepants

News Credits:
    it kinda makes sense right? Only Knock is, Topspin, from what you can see in the little cross-sell pic, has a HUGE chest, which doesn't quite jive with Slugslinger. Hopefully we'll get better pix here soon and be able to suss it out more.

17. combinerlover

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I concur , the fact a Rep said ( I can`t recall from what , but I remember it . ) `` that beast combiners ARE NOT off the table `` suggests that they are indeed as far along as design ect . I honestly think it`s not a matter of if but when . I just hope once we get Abominus / Predaking under our belts that we some where down the road get PIRANACON as well as MONSTRUCTOR :)  Awe man that would be such a glorious day .Of course it would be the 3erd installment for the PRIME trilogy or even after that . Hasbro knows combiners sell sell sell , and I`m positive they will cash in on them .

• Like Like x 1
  18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Big yes to the two new TMs, if Nightbeat is a different face than the first version then I'll be getting him as well. Already own Skytread so unless THAT is a different toy in some way then I'm skipping - otherwise another free weapon is never a bad thing when it comes with these addictive little bastard heads.

Yes to Brawn (if only so I can reassign the single pack TM Gun Brawn from Hardhead and have Brawn using himself as a weapon) and Roadburn, Bumblebee is a maybe as I've always been happy enough with my WM exclusive Classics 'Bee but a little modification could yield a Bumper...

Yes to all the deluxes except Kup, that thing is almost certainly going to be redone as Crosshairs down the road and I personally prefer the 'modernized' take on the character provided by my Generations Kup.

Weird that Broadside has a wave to himself but that Robot mode looks so good I can't turn one down.

Sky Shadow is a maybe, as he's the only Phase Sixer who I don't have a Leader class size toy of (I own a G1 Sixshot and nothing eclipses the glory of MMC Carnifex Overlord) but I do own him as the midget deluxe. Just a question of dropping $45 on him for the full IDW set as I don't even have TR Sixshot.

Wave 3 was Optimus and Megatron, so why would Hasbro release the exact same molds immediately after? Sure, they did that with Sentinel and Astrotrain but their wave partners were not the same.

Actually there is an argument for replacing Gen. Cosmos - his infamously fragile head paint. You scratch off the red on the back tab to raise his head up from his body.

Also isn't Beachcomber happening at some point? Thought I heard this was rumored. I mean, if goddamn Seaspray is getting redone as a legends then the pacifist with a generic, easily repaintable buggy mode is an even better investment.

They could pull something like Cybertron Sharkticon, because that toy was totally a 'submarine' and not a shark whatsoever. It should be noted that inside Skullcruncher's head storage cavity, there is what looks like a TM sized control panel even though the cavity hatch is not transparent.

I highly doubt this. Going back to stickers might be a cost cutting manuver as it is trivial to change complex deco patterns that are collected onto a small number of interchangeable stickers - pretty much how they did the tapes this time around - as opposed to keying in different instructions to the paint app machine AND buying more paint.

Because I remember back when Hasbro was doing AllSpark Power for the movie continuation. Great line. But that baby blue...they bought so damn much of that paint that it kept showing up well past that line for years. Just ask Universe 2.0 Ironhide.

1. Money.

2. I think people are forgetting that Hasbro has stated Titans Return will continue during the inevitable dominance of TF5 toys. So they're packing in this stuff now and thus while the movie toys are present, they'll put out the really good stuff like repacks of sharkticons and insecticons. That way, sales will keep steady as opposed to dropping from inter-franchise competition.

I'm guessing Broadside is going to be two figures per case.

That's not how it works given it's the same deluxes and voyagers sold at all retailers. The old $10 price point, well below MSRP, means the toys are actually loss leader stock - bought in bulk by retailers to get more money from customers, since the bottom line is already covered by wholesale produce and groceries.

It's still something people would whine their butts off if he missed it, though - one of the few details the G1 toy had was the spare tire.

And who exactly would be the second voyager? Blitzwing and Octane are off the table because those same molds were already Wave 3 Prime and Megs, and those were the only voyagers we knew of still in the pipeline.

It's a movie toy, admittedly, but ROTF Brawn is still one amazing deluxe.

The idea is you buy more of one character to swap the heads with the single packed guys. I personally keep Fangry's head as the default on my Skullcruncher, the colors work so much better.

Hmm, it's almost like the entire gimmick of the line is to swap the heads around or something. Also, the TMs are little robots meant to interact in more ways than just HEAD ON all the time. Several TR figures have posts the feet of TMs plug into, and all the Legends can be piloted by TM heads too. And of course the Leaders sans Sixshot all have base modes for this purpose, too.

Trypticon is the next Titan and Energon Omega Supreme is a decent enough stand-in for the time being.

There always are revision case possibilities. Example: PRID Wave 3's case revision which swapped out more BBs for the underpacked Vehicon generics.

As speculated, this Wave 4 Nightbeat could be the Loudmouth repaint for comic accuracy.

Takara also has a completely different price point system than Hasbro's. Figure prices there are based on individual figure budgets, not a standardized system where figures have a set development budget and size limitation to fit in the box.

Doubtful. Blitzwing's deco isn't really that good for Flywheels, since the former is largely royal purple and tan, while the latter is nigh-exclusively maroon and chocolate brown. If anything, I'm beginning to suspect W4 Skytread might actually just be a straight repaint of W1 Nightbeat specifically due to being the only other tank accessory vehicle in the line that turns into a jet.

19. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm honestly thinking Nightbeat is just a repack of the wave 1 figure. Wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the line began recycling 2016 figures here and there. They did it with the Legends figures in Combiner Wars (hello again Warpath).

20. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I think Fangry and Horri-Bull seem like candidates for retooling. Twinferno and Skullsmasher specifically.

Takara has done "new" molds like Godbomber already. And retools like Rook to Nosecone. So it's possible Hasbro is using one version of a mold that Takara has already been working to use as someone else.