Titans Return Voyager Megatron and Doomshot

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Snake_eyes1975, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Splurged and picked these up on a deal from ebay. I really thought the Optimus was going to be weak, but its fantastic, as is this Megatron.

Bot mode is very tough looking with treads on his arms and a solid slab of a chest. The head sculpt and pop up collar is very neat. The collar part reminds me of an animated look for megatron. The cannon combines and looks decent enough, although if the whole thing were black it would look way better.

All in all this bot mode screams Megatron to me, its fun and I like the proportions.

One thing I find crappy, is the shoulder hinges. Mine are weak. I will future them up and they will prolly be fine, but his lateral shoulder hinge is not very tight. Everything else feels right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doomshot..Meh..Lil guy with no paint.

[​IMG]

Jet mode is SWEET. You can tell its trying to look like that "blitzwing Foxbat" type jet. I love EVERYTHING about the jet, ecxept the back just does not tab together well where the fists should grab the pegs. Thats sloppy as hell. Jet mode looks really good..the colors are solid..but HOT DAMN these decals will fly the hell off. Good bye. Reprolabels will be callin my name. My FAV part of jet mode is putting the titan master in and seeing the head in the canopy. Thats..sweet. The grey gun can peg on the top back..but it looks bad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tank mode is SOLID. It pegs together nice, and when lined up right with the tabs on the legs into the thighs, its feels and looks cool. The turret turns and the titan looks good in or out. There is a spot to peg the grey gun on top of the tank gun..but once again..dont look great. Tank mode is fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All in all, I give this Megatron a solid score. Its bot mode is very neat, and looks the part, jet mode is just killer..and tank mode works well. All of megatrons recent alt modes in one. BAM. I think its a cool Prepaint to Blitzwing. Will it replace my generations blitzwing? prolly not. I LOVE that one.

Dave

• Like Like x 13
  2. God Ginrai

God Ginrai Energon Enthusiast

Really excited for this one. Could you please take some pics of Megatron compared to CW Optimus/Motormaster? I'd really like to get an idea of how this Megatron sizes up to that mold since CW Optimus is my primary Optimus.

3. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I've been wondering this, since I saw peaugh's review: can the fusion cannon be connected to the arm using the grey peg, so that the hollow side faces the back? I would imagine that this might look better and probably could be intended like this, so as to not scratch the black paint of it.

4. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Will probably not connect the grey gun to the cannon. Looks bad imo. Otherwise, will buy on sight.

5. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Wow! Those pics really sold me on the jet and tank modes. That grey gun/seat really dragged the two down.

Those stickers are pretty atrocious, though. I'll have to wait and see what the inevitable Blitzwing is like.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I'll probably ditch the grey gun or give it to someone else. The rest of the figure looks great. This is some Gen Springer level Triplechanging. Every mode looks the part and fantastic to boot.

• Like Like x 3
  7. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    He looks better than I thought he would. Definitely looking forward to getting his potential Blitzwing repaint/remold so I can ditch the Generations version. But looking at that mold, I would not be disappointed if they wanted to repaint him again after Blitzwing into either a comic style version of "The Fallen" or as Tarn.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is a spot with vents on his am, and a spot on the black gun with supports that clip on the grey gun in tank mode. if you take the clips and kinda shove em in the vents it will display like your thinking...it won't play like that..but it will display

I'll get some pics of CW prime hen I get home

9. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    i think like astrotrain with some work this one could be fudged as having two cybertronian alt modes... jet mode needs more work but the two back panels and weird turret help the tank mode look more alien at least.

don't like it as megatron, especially those stupid silver chest stickers, but i'm excited for blitzwing

10. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is a really solid, cleverly designed, and fun toy. I am very happy with this figure and excited to see the inevitable Blitzwing release.

11. PELINAL

PELINAL Well-Known Member

That Megatron looks pretty good in all three modes.

Same here, can you do a comparison with the CW Optimus mold or measure the height of TR Megatron?

12. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    Would love to see a Reverse Convoy repaint

• Like Like x 3
  13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Since we're layering pic requests, can you take a picture of the Headmaster (Doomshot?) on Hardhead?

I was super pumped for this figure, but long story short, I got Legends Galvatron and the fiction and the figure blew me away and thus lessened my desire for this Megatron. However, I'm still looking forward to this one, though I would've preferred the stickers to not have been pre-applied in this case if they weren't going to be tampos.

I'm also wondering what outside of the chestplate will be remolded on Blitzwing.

14. Flexx Ark

Flexx Ark Original Cyberverse - Yes! New - Meh......

News Credits:
    Great review. He should be arriving any day now. I like how he stands slightly taller than Optimus.

15. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am thinking there's a third alt mode, a flying tank, kinda like the movie-verse Megatron.

By the way, did you paint his face?

16. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

As someone who hated Generations Blitzwing... the Blitzwing remold will be bought on sight.

17. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sweet jet mode.

18. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Looking forward to his guy. Would look great with Trent's shapeways megatron face place

19. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crap. I was writing this off and waiting for Blitzwing, but this looks like the best Megatron in a while.

20. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I was the other way around. I was going to keep Generations Blitzwing and buy this as Megatron. But I don't want stickers. So I pass on him and see what either Takara does with this mold or how Blitzwing turns out. But the mold per se is cool.

• Like Like x 1