Titans Return Trypticon - Batch #

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Maz, Sep 4, 2017.

1. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

72022, has the tail issue after one to two back and forths. Guess I'm gonna try and fix that.

Didn't add the legs but tried moving the joint, was pretty stiff so don't know if there is a potential issue there.

If I fix the tail, are the legs fixable if they break also?

Gonna contact CS at Amazon anyway as my box looked like it got shot up with bullets. But hesitant to play around with him and he breaks entirely before he does so. I don't want to waste the call. Suggestions?

2. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    Open it up and play with it! Test the tolerances and if it doesn’t hold up then call Amazon CS and report a defective product

3. smkspy

Already contacted them, got 22 back on him, just gonna do one of the hip fixes before putting him together (better safe than sorry) and then the tail fix.

After the refund, $69 for a trypticon is a good price and I can do all the mods. The return and replacement process was just too much hassle given I bought him on cyber monday.

4. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Got my Trypticon about an hour ago. His batch # is 71561 and he came from Amazon's Cyber Monday sale. Everything seems perfect so far, but I'm terrified to move his tail and hips.

IMG_8560.JPG

EDIT: Hips are great along with the tail. :thumb 

IMG_8563.JPG

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  5. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    71851. later in the week i should have time to open him up and see.

-

6. Agent-GHQ

Ebay:
    When you report or file a claim, what exactly did you inform Amazon CS and what did they need you to do? Is that $22 credit return towards your debit/credit card??

7. smkspy

Yes, back to my card. They wanted to give me an Amazon credit at first, but if you don't respond within a minute or so offer the credit back to your card.

First do the online chat, better than talking over the phone and if you get pissed at them (which you will), you can still respond logically and appear calm.

I started with trying to get a replacement sayijng that the box had been destroyed in transit because Amazon failed to ship it properly. Said, I believed the product to be defective also, and then threw on a good complaint about how prime has been getting progressively lazy with getting my packages to me on time (which is true).

Person came back to me with this bullshit that they can't replace because it was a sale price. They won't replace an item they sold on sale with another that they still have in stock. Pretty fucking stupid policy.

Then he feed me the line about how Amazon usually doesn't match prices but they would make an exception and credit me the difference once I purchased the new trypticon. And this is where it got to be a hassle, they wanted me to buy a new one, return the old, then get refunded the original price plus the difference (store credit).

I replied that I did not want a store credit and all that is way too complicated and wallet taxing when a simple return and replace is much easier. I also added that it was rather insulting to act as if they were doing me a favor by crediting me the price difference on a product they still have available in stock.

I then asked if there was anything else they could do for me. Eventually saying that I believe I could fix the figure since the damage is more factory defect than shipping...but the shipping was still an unacceptable aspect of the transaction.

That was when he offered the $20 off the price. First as a store credit, but after a pause from me, then as a refund to my card.

Thought I fucked myself with saying the figure was damaged originally...might to be easier to say that you don't see any shipping damage but believe it is defective, which is true.

Basicly though I put a lot of emphasis on the unacceptable and lazy shipping when we pay $100 per year and that prime has consistently not been holding up to their 2 day shipping promises (not just during the holidays too).

Edit: I'm satisfied with this cause I plan to do all the repairs anyway now regardless of the batch number. Really have no room for him anyway, so I can take my time. Fix the tail, them do that hip fix to a simple swivel joint.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Agent-GHQ

Ebay:
    AAE38BB9-6B2B-4AF2-B818-3246383C0765.jpeg Got the 71561 batch too. Mine came with two shipping boxes. The outter box and what appears to be a sleeve intended for Trypticon from the factory. I’m not even a prime member and the shipping box appears intact.

Can someone confirm that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Notmarcelo

Notmarcelo Well-Known Member

Did the tail fix and it fixed the loud sound as well as the droop.

10. Agent-GHQ

Ebay:
    Can you describe the process for the tail fix

11. Notmarcelo

Notmarcelo Well-Known Member

Minor/Repaint: - TR Trypticon tail fix guide. (Pic heavy)

Glue a part together. You can skip a step and only disassemble the first part of the tail. Then you use a screwdriver or something to fish the other part out. Glue that part together and reassemble.

• Like Like x 1
  12. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Got one from 72021 and so far so good. Gonna do some more checking tomorrow

13. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Good to hear! Hope it's all good for you (and inevitably me.) :D 

14. autobot prowl

Sigh, mine had the hip, tail and warped door issue. Please add 72021 to the dud list. Did the fixes for the hips and tail... Still gotta do the door. Really feel bad for any kids getting these with problems that don't have a clue

15. Agent-GHQ

Ebay:
    Would you mind posting a few pictures that shows the issues.

16. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All those Trypticon quality issues are unacceptable, particularly for a figure with a price over 100+. Even in the Amazon Cyber Monday sale with tax, the figure was around 100.

Plus, which is worse, this is the figure voted into the line by fans.

Totally disappointed.

17. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Thanks for offering your personal opinion in the thread dedicated to documenting issues with the figure instead of using the review thread.

• Like Like x 1
  18. autobot prowl

The fixes were not too difficult. The hips were a bit annoying with all the grease and the springs we're a bit difficult to cut. One hip is now looser than the other but it's still able to support the weight no problem. A bit of a time consuming process

19. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    Weird!! This is the first I've seen of this. It's really hard to know if that outer sleeve would ever have value to a collector but it is a neat relic...at least document before tossing it into the recycle bin. Are there any other markings on this box?

You're absolutely not alone in this opinion.

I agree completely but there is a silver lining here...The vast majority of the QC problems seem to be in the first batch...which incidentally was largely sold to collectors who will be aware of the problems and be able to do the fixes. That's still immensely lousy thing to do to the diehard fans who care deeply about this figure and certainly paid full price to get one early...but at least there won't be a huge number of kids who break them straight out of the box.

Also, they did revise the production to fix these problems and they did it early enough for us to exchange..

Trying to look on the bright side here. :) 
    I preordered mine from BBTS and had all of the problems. Fortunately, the hip fix worked (clipped spring), the loose tail and slightly warped chest panel are pretty small problems. Despite these issues, I have really enjoyed this figure.

Some folks have fixed a slightly too-loose hip by making a spacer out of paper or card stock and putting it between the spring and the mounting plate, compressing the spring a tiny bit to restore some of the tension. It might be worth a shot. Just start with thinner paper and work your way up. Too loose is better than too tight...for breakage reasons, of course.

20. Agent-GHQ

Ebay:
    22A88B39-44AA-46CD-B308-A63865150236.jpeg Yeah I was totally surprised on the sleeve like it perfectly fits the Trypticon packaging/box like glove!

Here’s the other markings and that’s about it