Heavy/Scratch: Titans Return Soundwave and Minion Upgrades (Shapeways)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by fakebusker83, Jan 13, 2017.

1. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Titans Return Soundwave and Minion Upgrades (Shapeways)
    Update January 13th, 2017

Soundwave
    [​IMG]

I know I'm not the only one who wants Titans Return Soundwave to have more
    suitable armament. Besides, there's a wealth of potential interactivity and play value with his
    base mode and Titan Master figures that I just had to do something to make his base mode better.

[​IMG]

Each set of the TR Soundwave accessory on Shapeways gives you four separate components:
    The handle, the seat/chassis, the barrel and the missile. You can also order the missile separately
    if you want it printed in a colour other than blue (i.e. silvery gray)

Putting the components together enables you to form his G1 inspired 'concussion blaster' or 'rocket launcher' by simply flipping the barrel and missile assembly around. Please note that one set forms
    one weapon.

You will need to order two sets to give Soundwave his full armament.

[​IMG]

The handle segment provides both a 5mm peg and 5mm ports to allow you to mount the
    blaster in Soundwave's base mode in many different positions. The chassis has a cavity
    which provides Titan Master compatibility, allowing them to sit within and man the turrets.

[​IMG]

Lastly, those rectangular pegs near the rear serve their purpose as adaptors to allow
    the accessories to be stored behind Soundwave's Boombox mode as power cells.

[​IMG]

Frenzy

[​IMG]
    There is a fan-mode for TR Frenzy, which by unfolding the bottom half of his forearms you can
    form makeshift piledrivers. I wasn't satisfied with that, so I decided to create better upgrades
    for him.

In addition, I felt that his tank mode can be improved in terms of heft and more importantly,
    Titan Master compatibility! This is done by having the top panels flip open to reveal pilot seats.

Those side wings on the tank are inspired by his G1 blaster accessories. There are 5mm pegs
    on the bottom to allow these upgrades to be wielded like conventional blasters too!

[​IMG]

I hope you guys like what you see, and thank you all in advance for your comments and support!

Shapeways links:
    [​IMG]
    Soundwave accessory

Flickr is here.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 13
  2. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Fan freaking tastic! Nice job especially with the Rumble/Frenzy kit!

3. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Nice! Any chance for a traditional set lf G1 back mounted cannons for Frumble?

4. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

I didn't know concussion blasters can fire their barrel as a missile... kidding, this is really cool! If I ever find any variant of this mold, I'll pick these weapons up.

5. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Nice! Have you seen the g1 style tailfins that reprolabels made for laserbeak?

Also, I agree about the missed opportunity for TR SW AND blaster. IMO, the various Headmaster and "drone/targetmaster" figure ideas could have been used for these characters as their minions instead. That way, they could have ravage, steeljaw, etc as hangers, with their altmodes forming their armour and then add weapons for the main character. Ravage, for example, would be a small black robot that turned into an alternate (soundblaster?) head, while also having a g1 ravage body to pilot and transform into a weapon or equipment for Soundwave.

Steeljaw could easily be made from Lione, which is currently out. That white tape dinosaur is readily done as the dinosaur gun thingy already out.

6. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Why has no 3rd party hired you yet?

• Like Like x 2