Titans Return Sixshot w/ Revolver

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by tikgnat, Dec 3, 2016.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh ho ho ho. This guy.

Well... in a nutshell, if you have a G1 Sixshot, you pretty much know what to expect with TR Sixshot. He's pretty much a note for note remake of the original. Nothing changed except articulation and the addition of the Titan Master.

But enough of that. Modes! BTW, his instruction sheet is MASSIVE. No pictures of that because... y'know. I suck.

Robit... hahaha, shorty.

[​IMG]

As you can see, G1 Sixshot and TR Sixshot were separated at birth. And have 30 years between them. Obviously TR guy has much more articulation (thus better suiting his role as Ninja Consultant) and he seems to have some kind of weird ankle tilt... I say weird because it's an intrinsic part of the lower leg but doesn't seem to actually be needed for any of his modes?

Wolf... beware my pouncing power!

[​IMG]

The thing is, Sixshot basically has his guns as his tail right? So what? Is it like a skunk attack? The nice thing about this mode is Revolver actually fits inside the Wolf head in head mode, so a head in a head. Which actually, is really nice. The less said about the rest of the mode the better.

Armoured Car... vroom!

[​IMG]

The car is actually a really nice chunky kinda thing. It's reminiscient of the old car, but not crap looking. Also, with a wee bit of imagination (whussat?) you can 'imagine' that the front guns are actually Titan Master capture claws! Revolver (and chum) can sit in the two driving seats on top.

Tank/Gun emplacement/Thing... yeah, I don't know what it's supposed to be.

[​IMG]

Is it a tank? A mobile gun emplacement? Who knows? But I do know one thing. It's not to score touchdowns. Huh? Internet no point for knowing the film that's from. Anyway, this modes is not bristling with any more guns than before... so... why? Revolver neatly sits inside the cockpit, which is on the underside of the Wolf head.

Plane...

[​IMG]

Annoyingly Revolver doesn't sit in the tiny cockpit (in Sixshots crotch no less), he sits in Sixshots chest cavity, hence why Sixshots helmet is hanging out the back. It's possible to transform Sixshot without removing Revolver as a head and tuck the whole lot in but still... unused cock (pits) frustrate me.

Submarine...! TROLOLOLOLOLOL.

[​IMG]

Yeah, it's not the best Submarine is it? I mean look at revolver, with nowhere to go he'll just... drown? A nice touch though is the mast is clipped together onto the half unfolded wolf head, making it quite sturdy, strong enough in fact to hold in your hand like a handle! How weird. Still, it's not as good as Transformers best ever Submarine mode...

[​IMG]

;) 

So the thing I got about those six modes, aside from an almost slavish adherance to G1 Sixshots six modes is that every mode has a specific spot for Revolver. And that's a nice touch, you can tell Sixshot was designed for this line unlike some other figures *coughGalvatroncough* One negative though, don't his guns seem... a little small? Even close up they seem a bit undersized. Or maybe it's just the lack of an upper bit? But, he still does look a bit good doesn't he? (And yes, I know I forgot to change back his tank tracks on his biceps. Sue me.) Oh! And I almost forgot to mention, his stickers are pre stuck on at the factory... and honestly? They're not horrifically placed (unlike TR Voyager Megatron) but they could be better placed.

[​IMG]

Now, with the name Revolver flying around it's all I can think about... that his guns are Revolvers. Combine that with his wrist/hand transformation and you have a quick draw action!

[​IMG]

No need to thank me, it's what I do.

Now his head sculpt is pretty damn special. Ninja Consultant indeed. I mean look at him! And to top it off he has a ninja headgear thing with the Japanese symbol for '6' on his forehead... which is normally hidden underneath the helmet. Now that is pretty darn cool.

[​IMG]

So... all in all I do believe this guy is all sorts of win. If you liked G1 Sixshot you will love this. If you hated G1 Sixshot... well, then he hates you too.

Bonus 3D picture!

[​IMG]

Because y'know. Click my sig and check out the other 3D pics. Shameless self promotion. How terrible.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 49
  2. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    Man, Sixshot looks amazing. I just with he was made in a non-Headmaster period, but I can say that about a lot of the TR figures.

Alt-modes look stellar, especially that wolf and car mode.

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Awesome, thanks tikgnat!

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Actually it's been shown that you can actually transform Sixshot's head without having to remove the HM to do so.

• Like Like x 3
  5. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Thanks ! Eagerly awaiting mine to arrive ....

6. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I sort of mentioned that...
    but I could be clearer there.

7. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Looks cool. Will pick up. Thanks.

8. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Hope my BBTS preorder of this guy ships soon!

9. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Regarding the jet mode: is it possibly to transform the helmet so that it's in the chest/cockpit, but it's turned around and left open? I have been wondering if maybe it was designed to become a "seat" for the Titan Master to sit in if transformed that way.

Does that make sense? I'm not sure I'm explaining it well. Basically I'm wondering if there's a way to use the empty helmet as a seat for the the TM to be placed in a seating position inside the jet mode's chest/cockpit.

10. robb0429

robb0429 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    If I had to nitpick, which I will because the rest of this guy rocks balls, his helmet's forehead is like JUST too tall, and the neck of the wolf mode looks a bit weirdly long. And the guns look a tad puny. But who the hell cares, I'm getting 2 of this guy.

11. Dachande

Dachande Formerly Yaujta... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Awesome review, Tik!

This may be the first CW/TR release I actually order a Takara version as well as buy the Hasbro one. He looks THAT good.
    There's a pic floating around with him with MP Shockwave and Soundwave, so it even looks awesome with Masterpieces.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glorious. Just glorious.

13. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

Very dull and unimaginative!!! Easy pass.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Formerly SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Unimaginative? Maybe. Dull? Hell no.

• Like Like x 2
  15. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

Compared to Terminus Hexatron...yeah, its pretty dull.

16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Given Hexatron's price, this ought to look dull though and Hextron ought to look better.

I like the look of this figure. I've been surprised by a lot of the TR leaks, especially Sixshot. 5 years ago I would've never thought Hasbro would be ambitious enough to even try making a new Sixshot, let alone a legitimate 6-changer.

Right now this looks like it might be the best leader in the TR line. Looking forward to seeing what Takara comes up with and the inevitabe retools. If differences are minimal I'll get this one.

• Like Like x 3
  17. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Man of Steel :ev: 

• Like Like x 1
  18. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:

No, it's not possible. The helmet won't fit back inside the chest cavity if it's not 'closed' and Revolver won't be able to sit in it. I'll take a pic for you later.

THAT'S IT. TRIGGERED. LOSING MY HEAD. BLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Because Hexatron is a stylised version. This one is made to look more like the G1 character.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    cool! How is his shoulder articulation? Can he hold his arms out to his sides, or at 45 degrees away from his body whilst they're pointing forwards (if that makes sense!)?

Thanks!