Titans Return remold speculation or Who do you want to see turned into a Triple Changer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Oct 1, 2016.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

We pretty much already know by now that the molds meant for Astrotrain, Octane, and Blitzwing got released as entirely different characters first for some reason. But I don't think those molds are quite done yet. Why stop at one repaint/retool when each of these has potential for another.

Sentinel Prime was great and all but I can't help but feel like the mold wasn't really meant for him or Astrotrain. The shuttle mode looks like it was designed to resemble the Ark which is what Omega Supreme transformed into on Transformers Animated. The train mode also looks very similar to Energon Omega's train mode. This thing is screaming for an Omega Supreme. Ideally the Omega Supreme version would have remolded hands for robot mode because Omega always has those asymmetrical hands. However the coloring on Sentinel Prime is already pretty close to what you might expect from an Omega Supreme figure so they could just release a head by itself with one of those little vehicle things. Maybe if the vehicle has a weapon mode that can fit over his hand to deal with it that way they could make it work.

The Octane mold... well frankly with those shoulders it looks like it was intended to be a G2 Laser Rod Optimus Prime. The only thing that really makes it Octane is the fact that he has a jet mode now. That being said, we just got a Generations G2 Laser Rod Optimus Prime. I don't really feel like I need another one. I was hoping we would get a RID1 Scourge from that mold... which we did but as a convention exclusive. I wish there would of been a retail version that had Decepticon logos on it like his original toy instead of the upside down G2 Autobot logo which is technically more accurate to the cartoon but just as a way to differentiate the exclusive version from the retail version. Given that never happened I'm still waiting for a Generations RID1 Scourge. Also there was already a Power Master Optimus Prime in this same toy line did we really need two of him? So why not take this opportunity to repaint the Optimus Prime version of this mold into Scourge. So what if he's a jet and Scourge never had a jet mode, neither did Optimus, if you don't like the jet mode you don't have to use the jet mode. Between the tanker truck vehicle mode and the robot mode it just looks like an updated G2 Laser Rod Optimus Prime/RID1 Scourge. I don't really have an attachment to the Optimus Prime version of that mold because I never owned one and don't really care to but I have Scourge, I would much rather have an updated Scourge than two versions of an Optimus Prime I don't care about. I personally think Optimus looks good as a jet and I might pick him up anyway but I would much rather have Scourge.

Finally, we have the Blitzwing mold, who I really hope will come with three different heads. Or at least sell the Icy and Crazy Blitzwing variants in packs by themselves. I know they're most likely going to give him the angry face because that's his G1 face but I like the character in Animated so much that the only way I'm getting another one is if he has a Crazy face Titan Master. Anyway... here's my problem with Megatron... We just got a Galvatron in the same toy line. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a repaint of Galvatron in G1 toy colors called Megatron. They did it with the Energon version. So I just really don't know why we needed this Megatron. That being said, I really like the idea of turning characters who aren't typically triple changers into triple changers. I had another topic talking about this with Cloud Rodimus who was repanted from Generations Springer and Cloud Starscream who was repainted from Generations Blitzwing. It shouldn't work, I would never have imaged a Starscream using that mold, but I love the look of it. Megatron as a triple changer is really kind of boring. He's mostly grey and Megatron has been both a tank and a jet before so it's not really anything new. Starscream however seeing his colors on a tank, it shouldn't work but I really like it. I would love to see the Titans Return mold as Starscream. Especially since the Cloud version was never released in the states.

Skywarp being my favorite seeker, I'd actually rather have him but considering Starscream and Thundercracker always get made before him I really don't see them reusing the Blitzwing mold five times. Possibly six times if they make another Double Dealer. Not unless you guys can think of two or three other characters to make out of Astrotrain and Octane. Of course that's what this thread is for. If you have an idea for possible mold reuses, put it in the thread. I'm keeping it to Voyagers because I only want to talk about Triple changers and I'm not counting base modes. The voyagers in this toy line are all triple changers.

Honorable mention... Galvatron, I'm sure will get a G1 Toy colors repaint some where down the line. Though I don't really know what other character could possibly work with that mold. Maybe Cyclonus? The jet mode kind of vaguely looks like him. I don't know how the cannon mode would work as a different character other than Galvatron.

Though I'm not personally interested in Alpha Trion, I don't like that mold at all, the jet mode looks more like a air craft carrier, the lion mode looks like someone randomly shoved a sword up it's aft, but it still counts. I could see them using it for Vector Prime or Leo Prime/Lio Convoy.

I'm sure there are other molds I'm totally forgetting to mention.

2. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 MEGATRON ATTACK

News Credits:
    Dion from Wheelie
    Glyph from Bumblebee
    Wolfang from Wolfwire
    RiD Sideburn from Hotrod
    A proper Twincast
    A proper Soundblaster
    Fire Guts PMOP

3. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

I am a TakaraTomy fanboy, so...

- Grand Lio Convoy (Alpha Trion)
    - Nautica (Blurr)
    - Twincast (Broadcast)
    - Soundblaster (Soundwave)
    - Grimlock (retooled Generations body)

Plus...

- The remaining Godmasters/Powermasters
    - The remaining Headmaster Juniors
    - Snapdragon
    - The remaining Monsterbots
    - Super Convoy (with Hi-Q taking over that body)

4. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Galvatron - Marvel Comics/Toy Colors

Alpha Trion - Vector Prime & Thundertron

Megatron - Blitzwing(Rumored) & Overcharge

Optimus Prime - Octane(Rumored)

5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Obviously Alpha Trion into Thundertron, this guy needs more love.

And i think Galvatron can be retooled or parts of him into a pretty good Shockwave.

And offcourse OP into RID Scourge.

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I want Galvatron repainted into Energon Megatron colors.