Titans Return Leader Class Blaster Official Images NYCC

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jacer, Oct 8, 2015.

1. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

They absolutely should have.

2. Cattus Doctus

Cattus Doctus Whiskered Questicon

Yes, I would. I'm also using Adventures Ultra Magnus with my MPs rather than the 'real' MP version which - dare I say it? - I find a bit boring.

EDIT - I meant 'legends' Ultra Magnus.

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Wow. Easy pass on all of this stuff. Looks like more 3rd party stuff for me.

4. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    The leader class announcement is very disappointing. A voyager would have been fantastic along side a Music Label Soundwave. It feels like some collectors would utilize some leader class figures as masterpiece "stand-ins."

5. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    :lol 

6. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I'll be honest, after seeing that Twincast's unmasked head is Perceptor, I can actually see Blaster being retooled into him.

7. BigWillay

BigWillay Livin dat TF Life

That looks fantastic...... The boombox mode I would have preferred to be more g1ish but that being said at a leader class price point him and sw will be welcome additions now do the tapes come with him or sold seperately? Cuz that rewind woooow makes the foc disks look like crap. Suddenly the last few waves of cw are gonna be pic and choose with a lot of passes.

8. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was a bit taken aback by Blaster being Leader-class but I've gotten over it.

Leader-class Blaster also means a Leader-class Soundwave to go with CW Leader Megatron and the Seekers. Hopefully we will also get a Leader-class Generations Shockwave, down the line.

I'm curious about other potential TRs Leaders. Powermaster Optimus is almost officially confirmed, and can you really have a G1-inspired Headmaster toyline without Scorponok? I do, however, wonder what they can remold a giant scorpion/citybot into.

Someone mentioned the possibility of Overlord, elsewhere, and I hope we finally do get a Generations version of the guy. Leader-class may be a bit too small for him, though.

Anyone have any other ideas?

9. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's only been paired Leaders once this year during CW and, at 2 per case, that didn't work well for the Megatrons.

Every legends/dlx/Voyager wave this year has had an accompanying leader. Ok, for various reasons they haven't always hit the shelves at the right time but ....

1 Aerialbots: Megatron & Armada Megatron
    2 Stunticons: Thundercracker
    3 Protectobots: Ultra Magnus
    4 Autobots: Starscream
    5 Combaticons: Skywarp
    6 Autobots II/Sky Reign: ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I see a gap there.

I think we might see Blaster earlier than the majority of Titan Wars as the Leader accompanying the Sky Reign CW wave. The Legends wave that goes with Sky Reign is assumed to have Stripes and Rewind in it so it would make sense to have Blaster on the shelves at the same time. Plus the images for Blaster being leaked might hint he was further up the production process.

10. beardy

beardy Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

See where you are coming from but there was no leader released with wave one, leader Jetfire had just been released..
    Megatron wasn't released until wave 2.
    By that theory - Blaster will come out 1 - 2 months after wave one titans (which would put him at xmas or the early part of next year) which reflects previous NYCC reveals vs release time.
    I expect Starscream leader restocks and possibly G1 Megatrons when the Sky Lynx wave is released.
    That's only my opinion but reveals like this over the last few years have ended up being released into the new year.
    Of course, this is not taking into account that Hasbro have actually revealed at least one more wave than they usually do, so that may even push the titans release until around February.
    Exciting times :) 
    Really looking forward to what the 'Legends' versions are like.

11. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jetfire was first found at US retail Sept 7th 2014 while CW were out mid/late December with confirmed US finds very early in the new year. The Megatrons were intended, note caveats in previous post, to be out with the Aerialbots but production delays postponed them and then the shipping strike hit US retail with delays.

Things get messy after that but Magnus hit at a similar moment to the Protectobots and Starscream should have been out with the Autobots. It's not worked perfectly but the intention to have a new assortment of every size available at the same time has been there this year.

Either way there are FIVE Leader waves to SIX waves of Legends, Deluxe and Voyagers. I await early 2016 preorders with interest.

To date no Leader wave has brought back earlier toys. In fact the only time it's happened with the Voyagers this year was to put the fixed Motormaster on the shelves.

12. rpetras

rpetras Well-Known Member

Skipable for me, just like the Megatrons that are too big

13. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I get the impression that this will be heavily retooled into Powermaster Optimus Prime, judging by the base mode. I suspect that if this is the case, we might not get a separate cab, but a more "IDW Ultra Magnus" approach.

If my idea is true, then combined with the current offering, I am not really impressed with Hasbro's current offering. I like the IDEA of it, but they should have done much better. They should have used powermasters, headmasters and targetmasters and created figures with mini-base/alt/third modes that accomodated one or more of the figs. Soundwave and Blaster could be G1, with an extra, smallish "sound cannon/broadcast ststion" mode, with the cassetes being target/powermasters that he can use and attach various ports.

Perhaps I am wng, but it seems that this blaster is much larger than the voyager "FOC" remold? If not, then I am interested. If so, then forget it; I'll just get a third party version if I need the G1 look and stick with the FOC and Galaxy Force recolours.

I am sure that Takara will rescue these and make some much better uses of these molds, plus third party companies will do the same.

14. God Ginrai

God Ginrai Energon Enthusiast

I highly doubt this will be remolded into Powermaster Optimus Prime.

15. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I don't know, I think all they would have to do is take the Blaster mold, set it aside and then sculpt an entirely new Powermaster Prime. Could be done.

16. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah; it's pretty obvious PM Prime is going to come from Ultra Magnus if anything.

lmao

17. RobimusPrime

RobimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice homage to the G1 Blaster, but a bit too large to fit with my CHUG display. Easy pass for me.

18. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    I'll get this just to support an official version, but Soundmixer is a good option for the Deluxe size. Thanks to Onslaught24 for pointing me to that toy.

I'll get a Soundwave retool because I'm a massive Soundwave fanboy, though.

19. Soundkaiser

Soundkaiser 3D Animator And Windblade's Conjunx Endura

News Credits:
    Ugh, why can't we just get a Deluxe Blaster already :( 

20. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I'm also hoping for a Twincast repaint. I'd rather have Twincast as a Headmaster than Blaster since Twincast was featured prominently in the Headmasters cartoon. I can see it as a toy feature that wasn't shown in the cartoon (like Ultra Magnus's white Optimus Prime robot mode). Odds are, if they make Twincast they'll probably repaint the Headmaster figure too but I'd rather Twincast have a Blaster colored Headmaster figure.