Titans Return IDW Inspired Chromedome

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Icantthinkofagoodname, Oct 18, 2016.

?

What should I do about the yellow parts of the torso?

1. Make them look like the glowing parts on some MTMTE characters

100.0%
  2. Remove them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Icantthinkofagoodname

Icantthinkofagoodname Amateur Transformers customizer

I'm currently working on an IDW inspired Chromedome using the new Titans Return figure. I'm not sure what details should be added where, so any help would be useful IMG_0428.JPG note: I plan on either removing the yellow details I added to the chest or making them look more like the glowing parts seen on some MTMTE characters
    IMG_0430.JPG

I also plan on finding better parts for Stylor so that he doesn't look like another Hyperfife/Teslor remold. Any ideas for the head, arms, or legs would be greatly appreciated

2. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Legitimate Salvage

Are you going for the body he currently has in MTMTE? Because the figure's actually based off his first body from the comics.

[​IMG]

^ The sculpted details all match that one, so I mean, why not just go for that look? If you'd rather have a figure of his current body, you might want to look into the FunPub Chromedome repainted from TFP Wheeljack. Although, if you really want to use the TR mold for that, someone's making some 3D printed shoulder wheels for him in the Radicons forum.

Heavy/Scratch: - Chromedome's Shoulder-Wheels [TR to MTMTE]

Either way, I voted for the yellow glow lines. Love painting those in on all my figures!

3. Icantthinkofagoodname

It's not really based off the Shadowplay or current design, it's more just taking stylistic features from the comics and using them to create a new design for the character. Thanks for your suggestions, though. I may actually look into some method of attaching wheels to his shoulders (but not the method from the Radicons forum. It's just a bit too big for my personal taste)

4. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Legitimate Salvage

Also, I guess for Stylor, you could paint the sides of his arms and maybe the lower legs white. Not necessarily basing this off anything, but the Hea- uhh... Titanmaster's red plastic really sticks out behind Chromedome's white face, so painting that white would blend it in a bit better.

5. Icantthinkofagoodname

That's not a bad idea. I'm probably going to do that, but with off-white paint, since the head is actually a very light shade of grey

6. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

While some IDW fans might have preferred his modern body, I'm glad hasbro went this way as it's a good compromise between IDW and g1

I think the reprolabels set has some detailing to look more IDW too.

7. Icantthinkofagoodname

Same. Any suggestions for details I can add to my TR figure to make it look a bit more like the IDW model? Not exactly like the comic version, necessarily, but just some stylistic queues I can take from the art style