Titans Return Highbrow & Xort Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by dmc2008, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Galva12

Galva12 Galvatron's "YES" Men

I figured I had nothing to loose, so I tested that 5 Second Fix, put just the smallest drop on the back of the neck hole, used the little uv light that came with it for 15 seconds. The stuff was solid, put in Gort, was a little tight, but like a whole new toy!
    No wiggle, no bobble, neck joint is almost scarry tight...Fixed Scourge with it too!

3. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Finally got this guy in hand. Criticisms that I haven't seen covered: the hand-holes are too loose to hold the guns without them flopping around. I suspect this was when they were planning on having the handles be painted like the rest of the guns. Conversely, the rectangular pegs on the guns that go into the underside of the wings ARE painted, and getting them in and out is very difficult on my copy. Also, and this is more an observation than a criticism, but the face of the Titan Master in headmode is painted in three different colors, none one which are the color of the plastic. It's weird because they could have saved a paint app and just left the eye-area unpainted. The plastic used is the deep metal-flake blue, which would have looked just as good if not better than the milky blue they painted over. Alternatively, they could have just cast the face in the same white as the arms, and not painted the face under the eyes white.

Finally, yeah, the rotors are really annoying in bot mode. It's too bad they didn't put the wings on a hinge; folding them back like the G1 toy would have been an easy way to hold the rotors in place straight up and down in bot mode.

4. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Found a use for his chest flap I haven't seen.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Well, if you look at pictures of the G1 toy and animation model, it has that same protrusion as the TR figure with it extended in robot mode. So my guess would be that's why it's got it.

The reason it may have it may have to do with being a holdover from the Scourge mold so they could put it in without having to re-engineer anything.

6. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    This figure is one of my favorite figures because mainly i never had him from the g1 days.

7. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    Really a nice figure.

Attached Files:

8. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I just picked up this guy, and I like him more than Scourge. The transformation is basically the same, but calling him a remold feels like calling G1 Jazz or Alternators Meister a remold of the Datsun brothers (in either line). They transform similarly, but there are nearly NO parts reused.

Nearly. He shares Scourge's worst trait: his loose head connection. I've tried turning Xort's head around, and that makes him feel loose on Highbrow, he slips in and out far too easily. The "proper" way clicks into place better - but he sure nods a lot. I've asked the question about how to fix the sockets in the radicons area.

Other than that, this is my first Highbrow - I've never experienced either the G1 figure or the FP one that just came out. I like it. Id like to fix the little nitpicks I have, but I enjoy it. All his joints are perfect. Way better than Scourge. Xort needs a little floor polish work, but that's ok with me. I'm pleased.

9. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I must have lucked out because mine doesn't wobble. In fact all the joints are tight, some too tight. I actually am going to have to oil the shoulders as they are simply too tight.

Edit: that said about how my xort doesn't bobble it's easy to see why it would and why a dab of something at the back of the port would fix it.

10. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I had a choice between Highbrow, Chromedome, Weirdwolf/Wolfwire, and Mindwipe. Out of the four I picked Highbrow as I love the alt mode, and, blue is my favorite color. I found him at a Walgreens (go figure), but, no Brainstorm.

What I Like About Him:
    The alt mode is tight, and, gives some aerial power to the Autobots. I have a thing for helicopter/VTOL based Transformers, and, those in blue are even cooler. No bias there, right? His robot mode also looks dynamic and is very cool looking in hand and in the packaging. The gun can separate or combine to add a gun mount to the side of the cockpit. It seems like an afterthought.

What Needs Improvement:
    The Scourge-like head connection. While the head on the Titan Master (Xort) was tight, his legs and one of his arms were loose. This meant that he would flop around a bit (a lot, actually) in head mode.

What I Don't Like:
    The head connection port. Hardhead's connection port (on mine) is nice, tight, and very secure. Highbrow's is not good, same mess as Scourge.

11. Codeveronicaxxx

News Credits:
    Actually since they are both blue can I request a shot of soundwave's head on highbrow.

Please and thank you.

12. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Not digging this. SW's head seems too big. But as requested.

[​IMG]

13. Codeveronicaxxx

News Credits:
    Thanks! That does look odd.

14. openchallenge

openchallenge Shelves interlinked.

HB01.jpg HB03.jpg HB02.jpg HB04.jpg HB05.jpg HB06.jpg HB07.jpg

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  15. ex dtw2003

News Credits:
    ^sweet pics.

I keep wondering if he needs those intakes painted gunmetal like his other parts.

Problem is I can't seem to find a paint that matches the gloss level Hasbro uses. :( 

16. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 IMPOSSIBRU!

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Use glossy clearcoat over the gunmetal.

17. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Robot mode is nice, alt mode is a winner. My second best favorite of the wave, right after Chromedome.

18. ex dtw2003

News Credits:
    Oiled the overly tight shoulders and now he's perfect. Awesome.

19. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

Yeah, on mine the left leg gets like... 4 rachets and on the right leg/hip I get 8. And you can easily feel how much tighter the left leg is.

20. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

I posted this in the 'cool features you never knew about' (or something like that) forum. One of the posters there told me is was to evoke the G1 look of that toy's chest.