Titans Return head upgrades? ( Galvatron specifically )

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Has anyone announced an upgrade for guys like Galvatron that remove the headmaster gimmick? I'd love something that replaces the base and hinged mask with a head that could fold into the chest compartment. They could do something similar for Blurr, Scourge, and the upcoming Hot Rod as well. These seem like such obvious upgrades, but I don't recall seeing anything.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ultraman zoffy

ultraman zoffy Well-Known Member

Check the radicons customs board. Modders have been all over that head/hinge problem since day 1 and have come up with tons of solutions and shapeways parts.

3. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

I picked up a Shapeways helmet for Galvatron. There's G1 and (I think) IDW versions: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/arielscustoms

The G1 looks great. The color isn't a perfect match but I'm happy with it. I can take some pics if you're interested.

4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Temp Banned

News Credits:
    I'm on board for someone like Perfect Effect providing us with this kinda thing so i don't have to paint anything myself and can just replace the current system with the upgrade kit.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    would love a cartoon head for Blaster...just saying...

6. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I came up with one for Blaster, and even PM Optimus Prime. But those are easy because they don't require modding the toy. No cutting, gluing, or painting. That's the problem with Shapeways too.

I also picked that up out of curiosity. It looks good, but doesn't solve the problem. He's still a headmaster and you have to remove the head for Transformation even if you choose to ignore the gimmick. I want a head that transforms away like the stock PMOP and the slightly modded Blaster.

Exactly. A whole new head, molded in the right color plastic, and looks way better that can just transform away. For Galvatron specifically, it'd be easy for them to do.

7. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic Goodbye

News Credits:
    What really frustrates me is that for Blurr, Scourge et al, they don't even need to make new heads, as the actual faces of those toys are removable from the Titanmaster's body. All you actually need is a new, non-Titanmaster base to attach the face to, which consists of the back of the head and the neck.

Shit's simple, and would make some bank, but nobody's done it.

Also, do Ariel's Customs do a version of the Galvatron helmet and adaptor in the colours of the Legends version? Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Blurr and Scourge would be a bit harder than that, as they'd still be parts formers. Scourge needs a hinge that lets the head fold into the cockpit and Blurr needs his neck to extend so it'll fit under the hood/shield.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Doc Wheeljack

Doc Wheeljack Well-Known Member

It's funny but I was actually looking for news on a new Galvatron head when I ran across this thread.

All the options I've seen so far have been... lacking.

10. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

Galvatron just came out. Give it time.

I just hope they design one for those of us who bought the Takara version.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    While I respect the work of all those that put out awesome work on shape ways plus the sweet work done in the radicons forums, I can't see myself spending $20 or $30 to upgrade a $30 figure.

I think it may be because I've been spoiled by all the 3p goodness that I just don't see the point in upgrading hasbro stuff anymore. I'd rather just buy a better figure to begin with and enjoy the hasbro figure for what it is. I don't mean to sound like a tf snob. Im just saying since taking the 3p plunge, it's hard to go back. I'm addicted.

12. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    to make the head store in the chest would require modification. Which for a 3p, it means either you have to cut the figure yourself, or you have to replace the entire torso of the figure. I don't think they want to do that.

13. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Blurr would just need a new hood shield with a cutout for the head, it's exactly how most people have modded him already

14. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Unless we get a mass of reveals at TFCON I'm not too hopeful.... It seems 3rd party has given up on Generations upgrades.