Titans Return Confirmed + Rumored Checklist

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by artiepants, May 4, 2016.

1. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Losing track of all the Titans Returns rumors flying around? I was! So i compiled a checklist with all the info from the awesome Transmissions Podcast thread , Mr. Chaos's retail computer listings & other leaks and official/unofficial confirmations.

This seems like an unbelievable amount of product (22 deluxes!!! ~ i guess CW had 24 though...), especially considering 2017 is a movie year. It looks like they will keep Generations Titans Return running alongside Movie 5 product this time, and replace RiD'15 at retail, as the movie lines have historically had the "kiddie" sub lines that are currently ongoing in RiD (1&3 step changers and the like).

Big Update 09-14-2016!!!! Adding the "Take this with a major grain of salt!" rumors flying around the front page, apparently originating from Chinese social media. While some of this seems a little to good to be true (not enough obvious repaints, lol, but then i suppose Getaway wasn't obvious either) none of it also seems that far outside the realm of possibility either.

Adding notes to the ones revealed via Computer Listing from Mr. Chaos, as those have a significantly higher chance of coming true (the only time in recent years i can recall something showing up in retail listings that didn't come out was the Brawn/Gnaw wave of T30 Legends)

"Speculative" are mostly things i am adding because they make sense/are they way of things (i.e. if they make Rumble, there's a pretty dang good chance they'll be doing Frenzy) but some are also things that seem murkier from the Transmissions rumors ala Voyager Broadside (<-- who is no longer murky!)

Let me know if i missed anything and i'll be happy to add it!

Titanmasters:
    Confirmed:
    wave 1 (released in US)
    Crashbash (aka Squeezeplay)
    Loudmouth (aka Siren)
    Nightbeat
    Terri-Bull(aka Hori-bull)

wave 2 (released in US)
    Apeface
    Brawn
    Clobber (aka Grimlock)
    Sky tread (aka Flywheels)

wave 3/Wave 1 2017 (released in US)
    Overboard (aka Overkill, Crashbash/Squeezeplay redeco)
    Sawback (Japanese Exclusive Master Warrior Lione homage)
    Fangry
    Ptero (aka Swoop)

wave 4 (released in US)
    Repungus <--revealed via computer listing, officially revealed at NYCC
    Shuffler <--revealed via computer listing, Japanese Exclusive Master Warrior, Confirmed via Black Shadow's Cross sell, 12/08/16 (presumably will be wave 4)
    Nightbeat <--repack, repaint of Siren or something else???

Rumored:
    wave 5

Optimus Prime <--revealed via computer listing
    Ramhorn <--revealed via computer listing, officially revealed at Toy Fair NY
    Toraizer <--revealed via computer listing, Japanese Exclusive Master Warrior

wave 6
    Rattletrap
    Grotesque
    Ranger <--presumably G1 power master Joyride, who was known as Ranger in Japan
    Hosehead
    Arcee

additional rumored figures
    Thunderclap <--rumored to be in the Speed set, see end of post
    Powerhouse <--a diecast figure, an exclusive somewhere???, perhaps the Strength sets equivalent of Thunderclap???

Legends:
    Confirmed:
    Buzzsaw released under CW banner in last wave of Legends

wave 1 (released in US)
    Wheelie
    Rewind
    Stripes

wave 2 (released in US)
    Laser beak
    Ravage
    Rumble

wave 3/Wave 1 2017
    Gnaw
    Bumblebee
    Kickback

wave 4
    Roadburn (aka Throttlebots Chase) <--revealed in-package via Facebook.
    Brawn

wave 5
    Cosmos <--revealed via computer listing, officially revealed at Toy Fair NY ~ T30 Cosmos reissue
    Seaspray <--revealed via computer listing, officially revealed at Toy Fair NY

Rumored:
    wave 6
    Freeway
    Searchlight

Cliffjumper
    Huffer
    Hubcap

Speculative:
    Frenzy
    Eject

Deluxe:
    Confirmed:
    wave 1 (released in US)
    Hardhead
    Blurr
    Scourge
    Skullcruncher

wave 2 (released in US)
    Chromedome
    Mindwipe
    Wolfwire (aka Wierdwolf)
    Highbrow

wave 3/Wave 1 2017 (released in US)
    Triggerhappy
    Hot Rod
    Breakaway (aka Getaway – Chromedome redeco w/ New Head)
    Twinferno (AKA Monsterbot Doublecross) officially revealed at NYCC

wave 4 (released in US via Walgreens)
    Quake <-- Hardhead redeco per the Transmissions podcast, revealed via computer listing
    Krok <--Skullcruncher redeco per the Transmissions podcast, revealed via computer listing
    Topspin <--revealed via computer listing, Confirmed via Black Shadow's Cross sell, 12/08/16
    Perceptor <--new mold per the Transmissions podcast, revealed via computer listing. officially revealed at NYCC ~ MICROSCOPE!!!!
    Sergeant Kup <--revealed via computer listing, Confirmed via The final TFCC magazine

wave 5 (rumored - take with an extra does of salt!!!) <-- now with less salt courtesy of @Hoffman
    Misfire <-- Trigger-happy retool, officially revealed at the Australian Toy Fair
    TwinTwist <--Topspin retool, because, duh!, officially revealed at Toy Fair NY
    Windblade <--because Hasbro's just not going to stop trying to make her happen, are they? Highbrow/Scourge Parts share., officially revealed at Toy Fair NY
    Wolfwire (aka Wierdwolf) repack

Rumored:
    wave 6
    Sluglsinger <--may end up being Wave 5, as was revealed simultaneously with Misfire, but solicitations suggest otherwise. Officially revealed at the Australian Toy Fair
    Needlenose (rumored - take with an extra does of salt!!!)
    Nightbeat (rumored - take with an extra does of salt!!!)

Exclusives:
    Brainstorm (Walgreens Exclusive Blurr remold, with different deco then SDCC)
    Optimus Primal/Convobat (E-hobby Exclusive Bat repaint of Mindwipe with Sentinal Prime's head + Apeface vehicle at Optimal Optimus)

Crosshairs<--moved form Wave 5 after receiving more likely accurate information
    Slugslinger <--moved from Wave 5 after receiving more likely accurate information
    Nautica <--Blurr remold w/ shoulder fans, rumored to be in the Speed set, see end of post
    Fastlane <--rumored to be in the Speed set, see end of post
    Iron Apex <--God/Apex Bomber, rumored to be in the Strength set, see end of post
    Pounce <--rumored to be in the Strength set, see end of post
    Arcee <-- now rumored to be a Titanmaster

Speculative:
    Cloudraker
    Wingspan

Voyager:
    Confirmed:
    wave 1 (released in US)
    Sentinel Prime (Astrotrain PrePaint)
    Galvatron

wave 2 (released in US)
    Alpha Trion
    Astrotrain

wave 3/Wave 1 2017
    Megatron
    Optimus Prime (Laser Prime/Star Convoy mashup - I'd speculate we get 1 head on an individual release, the other in the "Speed Set")

wave 4
    Broadside <--prototype/test shot seen, officially revealed at NYCC

wave 5
    Octane <--revealed via computer listing, Wave 3 Laser Optimus Prime remold, officially revealed at Toy Fair NY
    Blitzwing <--revealed via computer listing, Wave 3 Megatron remold, officially revealed at Toy Fair NY

Rumored:
    wave 6 (rumored - take with an extra does of salt!!!)
    Apeface
    Snapdragon

Armada Tidalwave (<--rumored to be in the Strength set, see end of post)

TakaraTomy Exclusives:
    Lio Convoy (Alpha Trion w/ Sentinal Prime[???] head)
    Anime Color Astrotrain (not gonna list all TT variations, but this one is significant redeco and a popular one)
    God Bomber ~ Presumably a different mold then Apex Bomber, as he relies

Leader:
    Confirmed:
    wave 1 (released in US)
    Powermaster Optimus Prime
    Blaster

wave 2
    Soundwave

wave 3/Wave 1 2017
    Sixshot

wave 4
    Sky shadow <--revealed via computer listing,has been pointed out that based on product numbers, Overlord and Skyshadow's wave #s may be reversed, officially revealed at NYCC, fairly obviously a heavy Overlord retool.

wave 5
    Overlord <--officially teased by Hasbro - revealed via computer listing, has been pointed out that based on product numbers, Overlord and Skyshadow's wave #s may be reversed, so i moved him to Wave 5 for now., officially revealed at Toy Fair NY

Rumored:
    wave 6 (rumored - take with an extra does of salt!!!)
    Deathsaurus

Magnus Prime/Super Ginrai <--Diaclone Powered Convoy redeco of PM Prime, rumored to be in the Strength set, see end of post, officially revealed at Toy Fair NY ~ US Release of Super Ginrai
    Quickswitch <--rumored to be in the Speed set, see end of post, officially revealed at Toy Fair NY

Speculative:
    Soundblaster
    Twincast

Titan:
    Confirmed:
    Fortress Maximus
    Fortress Maximus (SDCC Exclusive w/ Master Sword)
    Trypticon will he be Titans Return or Prime Wars 3? ~ i'm inclined to believe he'll still be TR since it should run 18 months [based on Combiner Wars] and if he launches at SDCC next year ala Fort Max and Devastator, he'd be coming out in month 13 of 18 + there was a Titanmaster partially visible in the preview shots in the same prototype coloring as the rest of Trypticon <-- the official Transformers Instagram account briefly put up a shot of his robot mode on 2/13/17, officially revealed at Toy Fair NY, includes Deluxe Full-tilt with Titanmaster Nekro, aka Wipeout (with body styled after G1 Toy Model Tailgate)

Multipacks:
    Confirmed:
    Titan Force SDCC Exclusive:
    Voyager Sentinel Prime Translucent
    Deluxe Brainstorm Blurr remold
    Windblade RiD'15 Warrior Class repaint

Chaos on Velocitron (formerly known as the Speed Set): Toys r Us Exclusive <--revealed via TrU Canada computer listing 02/15/17 <--revealed at NY Toy Fair via Hasbro Twitter 2/17/17
    Titanmaster Rodimus Prime
    Scout Fastlane, officially revealed at Toy Fair NY, the Clones are a unique size class, larger then Legends, smaller then Deluxes, more closely analogous to the old Scout size class.
    Deluxe Nautica
    Voyager G2 laser Optimus Prime (presumably with Star Convoy head)
    Leader Quickswitch (Sixshot with new head as seen at the Chinese TFcon on a prototype)

Rumored:
    Siege on Cybertron (formerly known as the Strength Set): BBTS exclusive
    Titanmaster Thunderwing (with some die cast)
    Deluxe Metalhawk (Trigger-happy repaint with new head)
    Scout Pounce (<-- I'm calling him as a Wierdwolf repaint) officially revealed at Toy Fair NY, the Clones are a unique size class, larger then Legends, smaller then Deluxes, more closely analogous to the old Scout size class.
    Voyager Tidal Wave (Broadside repaint with new head)
    Leader Magnus Prime (blue PMOP) <-- US release of TT Super Ginrai

Unknown:
    see these threads (one, two) for reference: may be 2017, may be 2018, may be exclusives, may be "he told me!"

Flywheels
    Shockwave
    Abominus
    Predaking
    Landcross
    Windcharger
    Blood
    Darkwing
    Dread wind
    Black Zarak
    Carnivac
    Dinobot

Power of the Primes:
    These rumors originated from 4 Chan, so take with an entire salt lick: i wouldn't even bother posting these, except for the fact that they largely seem fairly sensible/logical/likely ~ i guess they were posted a couple times the last two weeks, but i just saw the new thread today.

Prime Wars next Gimmick is toys to life. Download an App and scan the card that comes with the figure onto your iphone. Play "stages"(it's unkown what type of game it's going to be) using said character.

Titanmasters will be replaced by equally smaller guys. They won't be headmasters but closer to Micromasters that become target masters or weapon platforms.

Legends will still be able to cart the tiny men around

Prime Wars (<--probably means Power of the Primes) will still be mostly 88-89 crew. (<--hopefully meaning we get to the Headmaster Juniors)

Things like Turbomasters will show up from time to time.

All 5 Dinobots will be made as well as the remaining 3 insecticons will appear. (<--seems like a no-brainer, as they an Shockwave are some of the last iconic G1ers that haven't got any sort of update outside of Grimlock)

Ransack will show up towards the end of TR as will Barrage.
    Venom will either be Wave 6 of TR or Wave 1 of PW. He's like Buzzsaw in CW where he may not be able to fit into wave 1. (<--this seems less likely to happen in Titans Return as we already have names in place for at least some of Wave 5, but i still believe it will happen eventually, at least the ones that are easy repaints of the existing Insecticons)

Scorponok will be Next Titan after Trypticon (<--and I bet be a retool thereof)

TR Arcee is just a repaint of TR Loudmouth (<--I would assume/hope with a new face)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 13
  2. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Looking good!

If all those Deluxes pan out I'm going to be a happy camper.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Legends Rumble is totally confirmed.

Also, anything with more sources than That Guy's Podcast is listed here as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Sounblaster and Twincast are Soundwave and Blasters titanmasters. So I doubt they'll tag black Soundwave or blue Blaster with those names.

5. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Very good,but you forgot Frenzy/Rumble (red one), under confirmed legends. Then under speculated you can put Frenzy/Rumble (blue one).

Also Broadside should be considered Tidal Wave repaint.

6. artiepants

News Credits:
    Thanks NM/Rob, i thought i had him on there.
    Can i consider Tidal Wave a Broadside PrePaint? :p 

oh nice, i didn't know you had T.R. going in that thread (kinda forgot about it :p )

7. artiepants

News Credits:
    i honestly will be pretty shocked if before it's all over we don't get at least 1 of those guys between Hasbro/Takara, but that's why it's under "speculative" ~ but I take your meaning!

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I wonder just who is Thunderclap?

9. artiepants

News Credits:
    the podcast peeps didn't know, speculated a new character. Seems like its a natural "for trademark purposes" rename of Thunderclash, but there's not really an appropriate mold. Would also make sense as a GI Joe homage repaint of Hardhead, but we heard there'll be a Quake redeco of that mold.

10. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't forget Overlord teased at Botcon

11. artiepants

News Credits:
    Thank you!

12. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I thought Thunderclap was a Titanmaster, not a deluxe figure.

13. artiepants

News Credits:
    oh, you are right i misread that in Scaleface's write-up

14. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    You can also add under Titan class Trypticon as "Speculated". He's confirmed, we just don't know if he'll be under the Titans Return sub-brand or the Prime Wars pt. 3 sub-brand.

15. artiepants

News Credits:
    yeah, that's exactly why i left him out. but i might go ahead toss him in there, but my suspicion is he'll kick off whatever PWIII ends up being (since he'll probably be a Christmas 2017 release which should be when the next line shows up with wave 1 2018 appearing in late Nov/early Dec ala Combiner Wars.

16. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If he's released like every other titan, he'll have the branding of whatever line is going on during summer 2017 (Titans Return) and start trickling out late summer with the intention of being on shelves until christmas. Add to that the fact that his poll was all Titans Return branded, I'd say it's a very safe bet he'll be under TR.

17. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well, so far, Titans have been released Q3 (August). Not sure why we'd assume Trypticon would buck the trend unless we think:

1. Titans Return will continue the 18 month release window other Generations sub-brands usually get.

AND

2. Prime Wars Pt.3 is Beast related, meaning Trypticon would be an obvious fit.

It could happen. But if Hasbro chooses to hold fast to the traditional Q3 release date, it might not. It's tough to say one way or the other...but my gut says there's a 60% chance Trypticon is a Titans Return figure...meaning there's at least a 40% chance he's a "Beast Battles Whatever" figure as well, just because Hasbro would like to use both Q3 and Q4 to move a Titan class product before the holiday.

18. artiepants

News Credits:
    ha ha, i can agree with all that!

only other possibility i could see would be the "tease" whatever the new line is on Trypticon's packaging.

If he's released under Titan's Return (and now that i just typed the line name, it kinda seems even more likely he would be :D ) you think they go double headmaster like Fort Max?

19. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I think Full Tilt is the Titanmaster. Trypticon itself won't have a removable head.

20. Dudicus

Dudicus G2 Combiner dudebro

News Credits:
    I'm hoping they just add a Titanmaster seat to that cannon on Trypticon's forehead and leave it at that.