Titans Return Chromedome w/ Stylor

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by bellpeppers, Aug 22, 2016.

1. artiepants

artiepants Misses readable TF comics

News Credits:
  2. darthsutius

darthsutius Minor Sith Lord

News Credits:
    This is possibly the weirdest thing I've seen in years and years of collecting, particularly the way the Stylor is painted competely different, just like the Takara version. Maybe Takara over-produced the heads somehow, or they arranged a 'swap' deal with Hasbro to use the IDW heads in the Legends LG-EX set? But that Stylor is painted too, so genuinely confused.

3. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Painted and moulded differently, it is the Takara head using the Takara Plastic choices (grey vs brown chest) with the Takara paint apps.

Takara faceplate on Hasbro Titanmaster I could more understand, which is how I'd expect Takara heads to be done in the west as The Legends EX set is Hasbro heads in Takara Plastic colours on Takara decoed bodies.

Obviously the heads can be produced separately (Legends EX set) but generally they're co moulded with most of the rest of the toy as the transistion of he head from Blurr to Brainstorm to Chromedome shows.

4. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gotta be a factory mix-up. That's the only explanation that makes sense.

It'll be interesting to hear if any Legends Chromedomes show up with the Hasbro Titanmaster.

5. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    The red plastic used on the headmaster is even a different shade than the red on the rest of the body, like it's straight up not made with the rest of the figure.

6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Cutest couple 20171017_150413.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

We play with this guy and Breakaway as if they were first year Arkobots, they fit ion PMOP in alt modes, look great with the CW Autobot cars and just vibe that way. It really retcons those two guys into all time classics and makes me really attached to the character. My 2yp loves him