Titans Return Broadside

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by maku098, Jan 7, 2017.

1. SpecCmdr013

SpecCmdr013 SpecCmdr013

Facebook:
    Google+:
    Pinterest:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Ugh. The Reprolabels really do help the figure, but the price-gouging... I'm not going to essentially double the price of the figure for them.

3. Robots78

Robots78 Robotanist

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah Reprolabels are on the expensive side and their pricing certainly isn't for everyone. This set does have a ton of labels though, as many as some of the leader-class label sets.

IMG_6209.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. starkaz75

starkaz75 Well-Known Member

Broadside needs reprolabels more than any other tf, and this set is worth it

• Like Like x 2
  5. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    When you switch the tail fins, do you switch them from left leg to right leg or do you just flip them over and snap them back into the same leg?

6. Allenspurs

Allenspurs Well-Known Member

All this talk about the back not being aerodynamic and nobody seems to be bothered that the wings are too short to create lift...its a space jet not an earth one, like the avengers assemble qwinjet but without the wing mounted turbines for extra lift within earths atmosphere..the fan mode just looks absolutely stupid,like one of those lego plane kids make when they dont have any specific plane parts to use

7. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Swap legs so the titan master peg is still up

• Like Like x 3
  8. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Unless you use the Reprolabel set, it requires the pegs to face down.

9. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good add. I don't have it yet and didnt know that

10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I got this a while ago but haven't had time to review it till now. I think I'm going to start with the bad stuff and get that out of the way first. There's not a lot too say that's bad other than what you've probably already heard.

Jet more is horrible. As much as I like the idea of Broadside because it's just a funny concept, the jet mode is easily the weakest of his three modes. Not only does it look like a brick with wing that are far too small to ever get this thing off the ground but it also doesn't hold together very well. At least on my version, the tabs are kinda just resting there but nothing is secure in the back. I haven't really tried the fan jet mode but considering nothing really pegs in securely anyway I suppose it doesn't really make a difference if I go with the official configuration or the fan configuration. It looks good of you don't look at the arms and legs poorly put together in the back. I like the front half. Also a plus side is that the jet cockpit is a nice secure place to put the Titan Master.

Now it seems like the more natural thing to do would be to go from one vehicle to the other but I'm going to talk about robot mode now. I mostly like the robot mode bit tail fins I wish could be folded flat against his legs instead of being massive spikes on his shins. The main wings, I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do with them but I personally prefer to have them flared out and back a little bit. I think that gives him the best look. Articulation is a little weird...

The head. I'm not sure why but it feels like the little swivel part so the head can still rotate with the things up has a little bit more range and actually turns a lot smoother than Sentinel Prime's. Also the button for those side things is really sensitive and will be set off whenever the wind blows. The shoulders with all that junk hanging off them kinda of don't look right to me when I try to move them. I can, they have full universal range, nothing is interfering, with the articulation, I just don't like how it looks with that kibble hanging off his shoulders. Outward movements are fine but forward and back anything that isn't perfectly straight just looks awkward with those shoulders. Bicep swivel, elbows. Hips that are oddly stiff in some directions and loose in others. Swivel just below the hips and this seems to have an effect on the other joint as to weather it's going to be tight or loose because they're so close together and the way the parts are molded. Knees, weird ankles that I don't know what to do with because if I have them back so he's balanced then it looks like he has no feet and if they're forward then he has no back support cause there's no heels on this thing.

And now we get to the main event... well the main event for me at least. The mode he's been in most of the time that I've owned him, the air craft carrier. There are a few minor nit picks I want to mention. The stands under this mode don't really like to stay straight. The weapon doesn't really have any good place to plug in on this mode. It should be able to plug into the side and not look too bad there except those connection ports are really loose on mine and it will not stay in there. Those connections on the arms are useless. The only real options here are to peg it on the flight deck where it just looks stupid and out of place or pit it underneath where it prevents this mode from standing up straight. MY other minor gripe is that while you can put the Titan Master in the radar tower I don't think it looks good and at least on my version he isn't secure there. The jet mode cockpit is actually where I prefer to keep the head in both vehicle modes. It's secure, he's upside down in this mode but he isn't going to fall out of there so I'm fine with that.

Now here's the other fun thing about this figure and part of the reason I got him. I love this thing. Despite my complaints this is awesome. The five little jets he comes with really make this vehicle mode look cool. Give him a bit of customizing options cause you can put them anywhere there's a peg. And at least on my version they are really secure. I've actually fully transformed this figure with the jets attached and they haven't come off. I would of thought that at least the one I stuck on the run way would of interfered with that panel being able to fold flat on his back but I barely notice it. In fact I actually got a little paranoid about it and worried myself for nothing cause these things aren't coming off. I could take them off if I wanted to, I have taken one off and repositioned it from where I originally put it and it was a little difficult to get it off. There are actually ten pegs where jets can be placed which kinda makes me wish this thing came with two sets of them. It does look funny in jet mode when you notice that this giant massive jet has five little tiny jets attached to it. Though with one being under that panel you can really only see four in jet mode. One of the wings has a jet stuck to the under side of it. In robot mode you can see a jet stuck to his right foot and left leg. If anyone doesn't want their jets for whatever reason, send them my way cause I would love to have all ten of the pegs in this mode occupied by a little jet. They don't even have to match, actually I would prefer it if they didn't. So if you have the Tidal Wave black set, I don't care if they're suppose to be Decepticons, I'll still have fun arranging them around this thing. I wasn't sure if I was going to keep the jets but considering how well these are holding on I'm loving it. This is my new favorite air craft carrier... sorry Armada Tidal Wave. He's still sitting on the shelf right next to me but he isn't really a realistic depiction of an air craft carrier and he only has one jet that is also the worst Mini-con in the entire toy line, I know because I own all of them. Though to be fair I still think Tidal Wave is better in robot mode and the combining gimmick gives him a bit more play value, but just as an air craft carrier totally ignoring the fact this is a transformer, Broadside is an awesome little collector figure in this mode.

The worst part about getting this figure is... I have no idea where to put him. I've basically just been putting it by my mouse and then moving him when I use the computer because there's no other space to put him... Well actually there is an open space on my shelf except that shelf is normally reserved for Optimus Prime, Megatron/Galvatron, characters who combine with them, and also G1 Rodimus and Bayverse Fallen because they're also leaders despite not being Optimus or Megatron. Although I do also have Prime Predaking up there also because I have no where else to put it even though he really shouldn't be on that shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  11. peh1978

peh1978 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem but I haven't taken out a part to check yet. Just wonder do you think is it possible to get a small washer or use some polish to have more grip on the spring in the pin?

12. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Count me as one of the rare few who really like TR Broadside.

After switching his tail fins and getting a more traditional looking jet mode, he's fantastic.

I also really like the head sculpt which oozes that G1 look.

13. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely beautiful.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's an excellent upgrade set.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Prime77

Prime77 Until next timeā€¦

Agreed!!!!! Also the reprolabels are highly recommended!!!!!
    IMG_3935.JPG
    IMG_3951.JPG
    IMG_3939.JPG
    IMG_3940.JPG
    IMG_3942.JPG
    IMG_3949.JPG
    IMG_3947.JPG
    IMG_3948.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  17. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

are the fins easy to pop off?

18. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

For the love of Primus can somebody please whip up some replacement fins for this guy on Shapeways?!

19. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Easy as anything, I did it no bother and my hands are ****ed. Dimples on the fins are sitting in small indents on the robot's legs.

I seem to recall you needing to be careful which went back on where. In order for the Titanmaster pegs to be still pointing up you need to swap them over as well as turning them around.

Oddly enough my Legends Broadside is due in half an hour!

20. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Really? where'd you order from? Mine's still listed as a pre-order at BBTS, and I'd been hearing that it's not coming into stock until the 30th.