Titans Return Brawn

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by maku098, Jan 7, 2017.

1. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Out at US retail now,according to seibertron.com

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    The user who reported that, spammed their sightings page with false reports about a bunch of new figures appearing at Dollar General, Brawn included. In your eagerness to gain a news credit you've forgotten the golden rule of the Internet;

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet

Back to the Brawn review

• Like Like x 1
  3. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Oh!Lol sorry thanks for the info.
    Back to the review.

4. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    ^... very interesting. Especially considering the fact that I just got home from picking Brawn up from my local Meijer. :D  So yeah, he's out at retail.

I wasn't even looking for this dude, I needed to buy a tarp and figured I'd swing on in to the toy aisle for giggles.

My only gripe is almost entirely superficial - The shield/tonnaue cover is dumb. Yeah, it squares off the top of the vehicle but I feel like the rear end suffers for it because that part could've been used for the currently missing rear end. Aside from that, I love him and I love the fact I can now have Brawnception by placing his TM self into his TR self lol. Also, I love (and was quite surprised by) the flip out heels.

5. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's some discussion of the shield upthread but I believe it's only purpose is to change the shape of the back of the vehicle to make it different from an intended Gears/Swerve repaint: look at how the vehicle looks without it and how the front of the legs look.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

He's showing up at Meijer everywhere.

He's perfect. They even went the extra mile with the weapon.

7. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Brawn from chinese ebay seller arrived today, I'll add to the chorus that this is a great figure, very poseable, love the flip out heels. And to think we were just gonna get a repainted Generations Gears at one point, that would not have been nearly half as good as this TR version. Here's Brawn with his fellow minibots:

[​IMG]

Looking forward to an Outback remold as well as a Throttlebots Rollbar in puke green :) 

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  8. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I'd argue we seriously need a new Huffer and Windcharger (much as i love the scout) as well.

• Like Like x 3
  9. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We need a new Beachcomber first.

• Like Like x 6
  10. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not at Meijer in Oregon, OH

11. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Ah Brawn, a Transformer I have an interesting history with. After Bumblebee, the original Brawn was the second TF I ever owned. My brother taught me how to properly pronounce the name. I spent 20 years searching every nook and cranny of the house before admiting the rest of the family must be right, and I probably left him at school. By the time I knew ROTF Brawn existed he was impossible to find. Finding legends in my area has been hit or miss, and I'm not sure I'll be willing to pay online prices. So this may end up being another Brawn that got away.

12. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Anyone thing he can fit in with a Masterpiece collection? If this question sounds silly, for Badcube Brawny's asking price, it's a lot of money. People keep saying he will be out soon, but no specific month announced. I couldn't wait and ordered this Brawn hoping he can be part of a Masterpiece collection. Thoughts or feedback? He looks so toon accurate. I figured this can be asked in the review section.

13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Got Brawn the other day at Meijer, it rang up $9.99 and then I got the 10% off on top of that, so yay.

Doing the Brawnception feels like a requirement, Titan Master Brawn doesn't lock in via the heel groove on mine, but with the roof, he's very secure in there. Another fun TM Integration into an existing form and a phenomenal update to the original TF idea.

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This Brawn is fully Brawn. There's no big flaws, but nothing standout exciting either. It's a G1 minibot level of simple, but I'm OK with that. I'm not a fan of the shield/weapon slab, which smacks of the old Beast Wars "remove an inconvenient chunk of the alt mode, and say it's a weapon" thing. He's a little awkwardly-proportioned (but so is almost every toy and cartoon incarnation of Brawn, so I can write it off as intentional), the arms pop off their ball joints a bit easier than I'd like, and the silver paint on the forearms feels almost unfinished. All minor quibbles though, and it's a very Brawny Brawn regardless - all the Brawn most people should need, and of course I had to "Yo, Dawg" it with the Titanmaster wedged inside.

If I had one wish, I'd want the toy bigger, as I prefer deluxe over legends for mini-Autobots ('06 Bumblebee and Gen. Warpath spoiled me). So if Machine Boy/Meng Badi is listening - I thought you did a fine job with Powerglide, and I'd love a deluxe-size version of this chunkster ASAP.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  15. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

This is pretty much everything I wanted in a Brawn figure and more. I actually like the Shield piece idea because it reminds me of long ago when I suggested that there should be a Brawn repaint of the Captain America humvee mold it's nice to see that a Brawn carrying a shield actually happened.

Hope we get an Outback soon and maybe even one if the brazillian decepticon recolours somewhere down the line.

16. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My favorite part about this guy is Brawnception -- the Titanmaster Brawn and Legends Brawn look to be molded from the exact same formulas of yellow and sparkly green plastic. Put Titanmaster Brawn inside him and they really look like they came as a set.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love the look you can make with the weapon mode for brawn. Looks very "dwarf with BFG" type thing

• Like Like x 1
  18. lambi

lambi Well-Known Member

Finally found him in Australia. And picked up the titan master Brawn too off the shelf just because

19. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Then we would need a Deluxe Huffer, Gears, Seaspray, Swerve, Powerglide, Cosmos, Tailgate and Windcharger.......I don't think Hasbro would do that

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I found Brawn at Target today, much to my surprise, and my almost overlooked him because I'm so used to not seeing anything new there. It was like my brain didn't know how to process the information at first. :lol 

Anyway, this guy is a perfect minibot. I don't care that the transformation is basically the tired old arms-to-the-side, fold legs and done method because it's a nice looking toy in both modes with great articulation.

Anyway, these great minibots lately are making my craving for a good Windcharger even stronger. He was my first Transformer ever and it's kind of painful that he has never gotten a proper update. The RTS figure is a good toy but it doesn't quite cut it.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 5