Titans Return Brawn

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by maku098, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ordered this guy on Ebay for $11 this morning.

Sure it'll take awhile to get to me, but I'm in no rush.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did as well, though I find the price strangely low

3. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    He and Bumblehumper have been that way for a montg or two.

4. Shlockwave

Shlockwave a.k.a Moronmaster

Made me pause for a moment...wondered if if they are knock-offs. LOL

5. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I decided to make sure I'd said the right thing. Brawn's spent the night standing with the gun raised up bent 90° at shoulder and about 60° at elbow. Position has held fine.

Straight out positions held fine but were more likely to cause the whole toy to topple over due to the weight of the weapon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. opoptimus

opoptimus SUN WUKONG, not Son Goku.

News Credits:
    I've always loved Brawn as a character growing up, and finally there's a modern figure at the right scale. Someone at Hasbro mus really love Brawn to give us a Legends figure right after a TM in the same line!

4WD mode
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    He's a nifty little 4WD that looks like all beefed up with military grade plating, which is quite fitting for Brawn. All the necessary colors are there to homage the G1 toy, right down to the silver grille and bumper bar. There's a 5mm peg hole on the roof for weapon placement, which you don't get often enough for Legends scale figures.

[​IMG]
    The roof opens to seat TM dudes.

Transformation
    It's borderline G1-simple. The end result robot mode is excellent, although I wish the engineering is just a bit more involved. Also the back of the truck is a separate piece that becomes his shield. I'm normally not a fan of parts forming, but in this case I'm okay with it as it covers the sculpted details on the legs that reference the G1 toy.

Robot mode

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't think I could ask for a more G1 Brawn in the official capacity. The color scheme, the head sculpt, the chest (oh that chest!), the silver forearms, and best of all, the proportions. They really nailed his squat bruiser stature with the short legs, beefy arms and big head. The head could stand to be a little bigger but this is probably as close to perfection for a retail figure. His shield can be stored on his back via the roof 5mm peg. I like to keep it there to recreate his G1 look, with the spare tire on the back.

[​IMG]
    Compared to Bumblebee, you can tell he's much bulkier, and full of personality.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

His poseability is excellent for a Legends figure. On top all the standard joints, he actually has thigh swivels which adds more options and stability to posing. When was the last time we had thigh swivel on a Legends figure? (never?)

Overall
    Another great addition to outstanding TR Legends assortment, and another step to completing the 84/85 Minibots line-up.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 8
  7. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Review thread already at Titans Return Brawn

(Mods can we have a merge please, making sure the word Legends is in the combined thread title?)

8. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    Underside pic please. :D 

9. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I seem to recall a couple of outstanding pic requests

Underside

[​IMG]

Shield on robot back

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Titanmaster in robot

[​IMG]

Bent armed robot supporting gun

[​IMG]

And if a mod is reading can you merge Titans Return Legends Brawn with this adding the word Legend to this thread title

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    Thanks!

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Received my overseas Brawn today and he's a pretty cool little figure.

I do hope he gets an upscaled KO like Powerglide though as I would like him to be a little bigger than he is right now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shlockwave

PIC REQUEST:

Can anyone post a shot with him standing along with RTS Windbreaker, TR Bumblebee and Legends Gears? Pretty Please?

13. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    image.jpeg

What is great about this guy more than articulation is just how much of a G1 kick he is.
    Hasbro are onto a good thing if they can keep producing like this. Legends like Cosmos and Gears/swerve are all good but this is nice satisfaction. Got nothing against other styles, mtmte, no problem with creative takes but just know that you can win with G1 and even amongst TR which has a healthy dose of G1, Brawn is winning(also Gnaw).

He does feel like a ko, i don't mind it because he is well designed but the plastic and light feel gives that impression. I have loose right arm, i can fix it If it bothers me enough. Talked about the articulation already...

He is great all round. I imagine myself a kid picking this up i would have a lot of fun with the extra cockpit/driver seat/ storage - neat play value.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Shlockwave

Wish we could get a better Gears and Huffer like this!

15. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will lay money on there being a Gears repaint w new head of Brawn. Look what he looks like without the shield in vehicle mode!

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    I agree. He'd make a good Gears, too.

17. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    Fantastic mold.

The ability to hold a pilot in both modes makes this a unintended mini-Pretender, which is especially nice considering you can put his Titan Master self inside.

Thigh swivels and flip out heels are welcome bonuses. Is light as the plastic feels it's also a sparkly green.

I recommend getting Titan Master Brawn and a black Combiner Wars gun, which would be slightly oversized but since it's Brawn were talking about it's perfectly sized.

I would love to see Gears and Outback from this mold! I also think Windcharger could be a minor retool.

18. darthsutius

darthsutius Minor Sith Lord

News Credits:
    Outback was the obvious repaint, but I reckon you're 100% right - there's a different altmode waiting to happen with no remolding at all! Plus, the wheels on the shoulders is a 'Gears' thing, not a 'Brawn' thing. Hasbro owes us a decent Gears after the weak 'Thrilling 30' version...

19. Shlockwave

Finally received my Legends Brawn from China today. I must admit, I really dig this little guy. Stocky and blocky, just as he appeared on the 80's cartoon, unlike the spindly toy that came out originally. This guy looks ready to rumble, and I can't wait to pair him up with my RTS Windcharger to take on Megatron and Soundwave a la' "Fire on the Mountain". Also, I like how they released this figure closely with Perceptor, so you can have him haze the sh!t out of him.

The "shield" feature doesn't bother me much, but I find it kind of funny that he of all Autobots would need it. Also, the humvee is a nice update to the original Landrover jeep that he was. I can totally see this getting a repaint as Outback.

Pros:
    - EXCELLENT modern take on a G1 Mini bot. It's the toy you wish you had instead of the long legged, pincer-handed nimrod.
    - Poseability is great as well.
    - Looks good next to other Autobot Legends
    - Can store headmaster in both forms. Someone is literally always driving him!

Cons:
    - Perhaps because this was from the first batch, Brawn's elbows and hips easily slip out of ball joint sockets.
    - The tightness is all over the place on this figure, as the arms can be a bit loosey, but his head is difficult to turn even the
    slightest, due to the back kibble. The figure came packed with the shield attached to his arm, but it was really stuck in that
    socket!
    - Rear of vehicle is oddly hollow. Looks good from mostly all angles save for that.

Of Note: If you take him straight out of the package and display him, be sure to unfold his back feet that are tucked away. Didn't notice them until I transformed him.

20. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I received mine today, gonna mime everyone else and say he's pretty bad ass.

They did forget to paint the eyes on mine though, so his face looks super weird.