Titans Return Brainstorm (Walgreens Exclusive)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SirPwntALot, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I wont argue against that.

2. gollum6974

gollum6974 Extreme Collector!

They are in woolworths as an exclusive now, picked up 2 in sandgate yesterday, had 3 left. 26.95 tho.

3. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    I can only speak to the collectors in my area, but when one finds something, we help each other out, rather than run the risk of leaving it there at the mercy of known scalpers.

Sure, I can use my own circular reasoning to make myself sound like a hero, but that's not what I'm here to do.

It sounds like there are those skeptical of others which is understandable. But it also sounds like there are those who do not want to resort to potentially having to pay an inflated price here or on eBay to acquire one.

The people in my area know they can count on me driving to their home to drop one off and vice-versa. It's what people should do to help one another out.

4. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Still nothing at the 2 Walgreens I have relatively easy access to.
    Although there are a few Marvel Legends figures from the last Spider-Man movie hanging around on sale for $14.99.

5. gothsaurus

gothsaurus Evil Overlord of Doom

Ebay:
    what OmegaX says here is right on point. We should ALL be doing this... and I certainly try to myself.

6. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Well said. :thumb 

7. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'm not convinced that the number of scalpers is at all as great as many seem to, so there's that.

More to the point, it's less that I'm not interested in paying inflated prices on eBay (although I do try to keep costs down wherever possible) and more that, for me, the "thrill of the hunt" is still an important part of my hobby. I want to find this toy at the place it's intended to be found at.

8. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Again, I agree.

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hopefully these hit one of the Walgreens in my area by this weekend. My fiancée needs to pick up a prescription, so that would make the trip more worth it if I were to find him. :lol 

10. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

To me, the hunt is mostly aggravation these days. Not something I enjoy or seek out.

11. hojo

hojo Well-Known Member

People who bump this thread make me remember to swing by Walgreens on the way home

12. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The scalper situation is certainly dependent on your area. There isn't a standard "scalper level" that is set for an entire nation or what not.

Here in Portland, OR, I know for a FACT that the stores on the north side of Portland around the Columbia River, is "scalper heaven" because of a comic book store up in Washington that routinely employs people to go and buy out all of the new toys to bring back to the store to sell at an inflated price. These guys are also in the Vancouver, Washington area. We in our little collecting community know about this, which is one of the reasons why we don't really use our sightings boards. If we see it and we post it, then these "scalpers" do as well.

So in our case, if we have people who can help and buy a few of these new toys every now and then to help out, we do. They may not be scalpers by definition per say, but there are those who will try to take advantage of collectors around here and we're trying to combat that.

So from my perspective, I think plans like that, for someone to get a bunch and then sell at cost to help out fellow collectors is a good way for people to get what they want. For me, it's more important that people all have a chance at getting something they want rather than the thrill of the hunt. It's not like I don't like that feeling either, but I'd rather have something than not have it.

13. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'm actually grateful for that, myself. Almost without regard to the actual content of the discussion.

14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I doubt we will really see widespread issues with scalpers. My local Walgreens usually get a good stock for their exclusives. They don't always get them right away but when they do, they stick for a while. The only one that didn't was Proto Boba Fett. Daredevil I didn't see in a few stores. Namor however and DX Shawn Michaels? A lot.

I think Brainstorm will be plentiful for a while.

15. Aurawind

Aurawind Lazy Headmaster

Just got mine from RobotKingdom and I love this guy! I really like the Blurr mold, but I wanted to differentiate Brainstorm's alt mode and make it more flying vehicle looking, so I came up with this fan mode.

Attached Files:

16. Neo Tallgeese

Neo Tallgeese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So Robot Kingdom has him...any word on if BBTS will be getting him???

17. fanboy375

fanboy375 Well-Known Member

I saw the Hasbro Juggernaut BAF wave with Deadpool at my local store so, I assume Brainstorm is not far behind now.

18. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Power Attackers at my Walgreens were clearanced from $17 to $4 and sold out, freeing up a Deluxe-size hole in the toy section. I am optimistic.

19. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:
    same at our WG.

20. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gah! Pop up soon already! :lol 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.