Titans Return Alpha Trion

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by alteisen99, Aug 17, 2016.

1. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    got this guy.

wow the lion mode is HORRIBLE. carrier mode isnt bad. robot is passable. 6/10 for me, just passes to stay in the collection due it being A3 but... if i could find a better version of the character for this pricepoint id drop him.

2. castdream475

castdream475 Well-Known Member

Got him today! Not a big fan of the lion mode; the articulation isn't as bad as you would think but the silhouette still looks nothing like a lion. Ship mode is definitely the better of the two alt modes. Robot mode is nice, but my Alpha Trion's head/shoulder pieces kept springing out and didn't want to stay inside the chest. Thankfully removing them was pretty easy.

3. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking at all the reviews and such, I'm gonna wait and see if Takara puts this out as Alpha Trion. I think there's a bit too much red and not enough purple, which I bet they would fix. Plus, maybe the horn things will lock a bit better on a potential Takara version or at least later runs of the Hasbro one.

4. grimlockprime

grimlockprime Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

5. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Hooray! Alpha Trion finally receives an official retail release. That made this guy a must, I need an Alpha Trion in my collection. (Best option up till now was the Botcon 2007 Voyager =/)

So first off, the proportions are WEIRD. Like he is so stumpy and chubby. Also, I wish he had weapon storage in robot mode. Like I just wanted him to wield his sword into battle and I wanted some place to put the gun since I try to keep my figures 100% together. So yeah stuck it on his butt plug and its weird. Also, having a hard time plugging Sovereign back in after taking him off.

But I mean still, he's the oldest, wisest Autobot around and he can still kick your ass! Thats what I get from this guy.

Overall he is really nice. I mean I got him the same day as RID Warrior Starscream so he was easily out-shined but still he is great. I'm just happy to an Alpha Trion for my collection.

Now I gotta get pumped again cause I have Astrotrain arriving from Amazon on Monday! And then hopefully by the end of the week I'll have gotten Victorion for my birthday.

6. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    Here is what I found works, because he does have the tightest headmaster port. When in head mode, press the connection point (the little robot head, against one side of the connection, rather than trying for a straight downward motion. THis forces the plastic apart and lets it pop right in. For removal simply push forward.

Of coruse you may wish to lightly sand the connection point to make it looser.

7. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any chance of a shot of the rear of the robot mode?

8. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    any possibility of modding him to keep the head on during transformation?

9. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, that'd take it from an 'easy pass' to a 'maybe on deep clearance'.

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    For ship mode yes, just leave it on and turn it around. For lion mode you could probably cut out the 'floor' of the cockpit piece and just pop it over the existing head.

11. starkaz75

starkaz75 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with the shoulder pieces on mine. I found that if I turn the whole thing, they tend to stay in better than if they're facing forward.

12. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Just saw a video review on this guy. I was worried the front lion legs would not rotate outwards, but they do - which really helps with expressive poses.

This is certainly not a G1 slavish TR figure ; so.... like quite a few other TR figures, this debunks the 'trendy' complaint of T supposedly being too G1 slavish. TR is just as much interpreting source material as CHUG has always done.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    I mean, it doesn't really.

There's still a lot of straight-up G1 designs in TR with minimal deviation.

14. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    You know you have to press the chest button when the pieces are pressed down to lock them in, right?

The instructions don't say so but you need to do that in order to get them to lock in. Press again to extend.

15. Arduous

Arduous Megatron Rules All TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Loving this figure... I like his bot mode mis transformed. Using the accessory Sovereign can ride in and Alpha Trion's lion legs as a pseudo cape...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Yeah, I like the lion legs folded away, too. Reveals more of his chest sculpt and paint.

17. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think the G1 color scheme is boring, but I have to admit this figure does have one of the more striking color schemes. It's really above and beyond what we've been getting recently.

I also like the arms tucked away. Aesthetically, that bulky belly was the main problem to me.

Yep, he does look way better like that to me.

18. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Better than I originally expected it to be (I didn't expect it to be bad, mind, just one of the lessers of the line). But I love the jet mode, and he's got more articulation than I expected.

19. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    So I just got this and there's something weird that has me stumped. In the starship mode, right under where the gun goes, is a little crevice with two pegs. It looks as if something is supposed to plug in there, but I'm not sure what it would be.

20. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Picture?

How big are the pegs? Titanmaster feet? 5mm?