Titans LIVE-ACTION Series

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Spiderus Prime, Sep 11, 2014.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, did not know that. I thought HBO was its own company.
    Just got to the end of the episode. Seriously this show is a mess, it does not know whether it tries to be dark or funny and ends up neither. Also, did we really need to get a scene of Dick Grayson stabbing a guy in the balls with scissors??? That's not a sentence I thought I would ever use... :eek: 
    Also, what's wrong with the actress playing Dove? I know they tried to make her seem emphatic and caring, but she comes across like a stoned-out hippie who floats around half-conscious.

2. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

Yes. The Doom Patrol is basically the entire episode. It's how they introduce Beast Boy. And it's the fourth episode.

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    They appear in the preview I posted

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

Also, most movies/tv shows don't pay for the rights for products to be placed in their movies. It's usually the other way around.

Because if that were the other around:

No one would do it, because it would be the budget. No, they do it to get more budget, not less budget.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    This episode is one of the better ones actually getting decent reviews. Biggest drawback is again they say the special effects look cheap at times.

6. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Got over to the comic book store where they were streaming it, yeah much better written episode. In just a few minutes you like and feel for Cliff, Larry and Rita. Even Raven is better written in this episode. Best scene goes to Larry as he's cooking to Thunderstruck from Ac Dc. Doom Patrol has much better personalities and come off as closer to the comics versions.

7. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    AC/DC be damned. (And yes that was internal cause this is a DC property)

8. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Checking episode 3, did Kory just kill that cop? Certainly a fall from there would kill most people. "Our heroes, ladies and gentlemen!"
    Also, I was surprised that in episode 2, Hank was not rushed to the hospital. Most people would be dying after someone stabbed a DRILL into their chest.
    I often joke about how heroes could not fight crime in high heels, but Starfire makes this trope worse by fighting with what seems like 2 cm long nails. How does those not break off? Plus she looks ridiculous as she holds her hands like that.
    I also see now why the show ommitted the "Teen" from the title, Robin and Starfire are around 30 for sure.
    Watching that flashback about young Dick learning his parent's death was no accident also makes me think in this universe, Tonny Zucco is as dead as a dodo for sure by now, likely violently murdered by Robin.
    Young Robin's acrobatics has to be the most atrocious CGI I have seen in years. It reminded me of the CGI Spiderman in Sam Raimi's movies...
    Great why does Wikipedia even list Dick's partner as recurring, and why all the leadup to Dick acknowledging her as a partner when she is killed off in the second episode already? What a waste of time spent introducing her.
    And the writers seem to think Kory is basically a R63 of Shaft. That car, that music, that needless brawl in the diner.
    The flashback scenes make me appreciate Gotham even more. Unlike that show, this one has no idea on how to do pathos, because they never show Bruce we totally don't get the connection Dick was supposed to feel to him as a fellow orphan.
    Still don't get what the heck the Nuclear Family are supposed to be, clones? They are certainly not robots given how they can eat or were supposed to be poisoned by the candy. And the weirdo leader was ready to blow them up in a "you failed me for the last time" cliche moment.
    This starts off well, on their first encounter Kory calls Dick a dick. Truly a couple for the ages.

I am not talking about products. I am talking about other movies/shows being references in other shows. Generally it is only done well when it has meaning to the actual story. Logan's use of that western was the best exampleof that. Here, it felt like really hackneyed promotion, or just to appeal to the kids because "Hey Raven watches Game of Thrones, I like that show too"
    Btw, you have been registered here since 2002 apparently... get an avatar at least. It makes hard to tell who is "talking" when scrolling down a page when so many people are in the list with a grey question mark...
    Well I assume this has probably has to do with the episode being written not by the Titans writers but by the Doom Patrol ones, likely. I have seen such spinoff-crossover episodes where often they don't even credit the real writers.
    I will watch this just to see the Doom Patrol, but otherwise I am pretty done with this show. It is even more terrible than Supergirl or the Flash is, but for very different reasons. I am surprised at the 10/10 reviews on IMDB, guessing it is the kids who think the excessive violence is great and who never read a single Teen Titans comic who are voting this up.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  9. Dolza_Khyron

Movies and TV shows are products that are made to be sold for profit.

10. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Scene I was talking about

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dolza_Khyron

That scene isn't actually too bad. I like that scene.

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    It boggles the mind that after several episodes of their gritty dark unfun Titans, they do an authentic Doom Patrol.

And they actually characterize them instead of having them as plot devices with cardboard depths.

• Like Like x 1
  13. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    I cant believe this is a first look at Matt Bomer & Brendan Fraser as Negative Man & Robotman. They nailed them.

14. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    As I said Doom patrol are all introduced in one episode and come off as more like the comics and better written. Even Gar was done well.
    Raven was better, but still loses control and goes over aniexy at the end of the episode.
    Starfire was still more or less undeveloped, and still in the same bad outfit.
    Dick beats up some poor guy who was hunting in the woods and accidently ran into Raven. He beats him up bad in front of his kid.

Honestly at then end of the episode, I wanted to see more of the Doom patrol and less of the Titans. With the exception of Gar, he had great chemistry with the rest of the Patrol. Hopefully they will start to course correct the rest of the team quickly now that Gar has joined the team. The comedy element were sorely needed.

As a long time Nightwing and old school New Titans reader, I hate what they are doing with Dick.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    When dick beat the guy up I was actually reminded of old wounds from btas where Batman doing just that was a contributing factor to dick quitting. If dick quit in this universe because he was becoming too much like Batman then it makes sense, especially considering he looked a bit shaken after the fact

16. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  17. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    hopefully this means we will have a full blown nightwing by the end of the season

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    No considering the time frame, it's only a matter of time before the Joker kills him. Then he gets replaced by Tim.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dolza_Khyron

I watched a dinner scene involving the Doom Patrol and Raven, again, also seems really well done. Characters seemed very human.

20. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Those food look so damn good.