1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Minor/Repaint: Titanium Alternators Hot Pursuit

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Superquad7, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Mod

News Credits:
    In the midst of working on some customs I randomly got inspired to do something else. I was at Target the other day and I ran across the 3" Titanium toys, most notably the ones made of my beloved Alternators. As I looked at Side Swipe, the random inspiration struck me. So I went home with him and put forth my plan:

I've had a REALLY busy week with work this week due to Vacation Bible School, and I didn't really feel like continuing full force on what was already on my table. This project was small enough task-wise, to allow me to have a mini-side project for the week while also letting me concentrate on more important things.

For those of you who may not know, I started customizing and kitbashing in Dec. 04. Hot Pursuit (the bot in my avatar) is my first custom that I completed (Jan. 05). He's always going to be really special in that regard. Here is a photo of him, just for reference sake:

[​IMG]

HP is a kitbash between Alt Side Swipe and Alt Dead End. When I saw the Titanium Alt Side Swipe, this is how my gears started to turn (knowing that Titanium Sunstreaker will be a repaint of this same mold also). I've basically spent a day on this repaint (in terms of total hours), include the photo shoot I took (which will not win any awards by any means). Anyways, here he is, Titanium Alternators Hot Pursuit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd take a photo of both Alt HP and T-HP together, but HP is in the shop getting a few updates with his police graphics and such (HP got a new set of rims a few weeks ago). I hope to take a photo of both of these customs together soon though!

. . . and I just thought it was kinda neat to have a custom of a custom.

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks pretty nice! I hadn't even thought of customizing titaniums before, not a bad idea. I notice the arms aren't gray like the full size, was that intentional?

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Mod

News Credits:
    The arms are a darker gray on the Titanium. I just left them the factory color since I also left the arms of Alt HP the same color.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    :thumb 

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool idea, bro!:thumb 

6. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    awesome! I love it!

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    hehe they did end up lookin' good Allen :D 

8. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

woah man i like it makes that titanium figure look alot better, im not a fan of those figure line but eith those colours it looks alot better. Also love the full alternator version to man thats class