Titan Returns Fortress Maximus

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Starscream Gaga, Jun 13, 2016.

1. xOPtimUsZErOx

xOPtimUsZErOx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heads up for anyone grabbing one at TRU. Amazon has him on sale for $130 and I was able to price match. This one still seems to have the same problems with the blue pieces on the back of the legs being loose. Anyone know of any fixes?

2. FortMax123

FortMax123 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Omg I'm lmao

3. FortMax123

News Credits:
    Lol. There was a thread about where sticker #20 went on g1 fort max as well. Lol

4. FortMax123

News Credits:
    Has anyone tried translating the Cybertronian text on his stickers. His feet say "stand clear" in autobot Cybertronian text. Some of his other stickers say optimus prime and fortress maximus on them

5. Rewind

Rewind Data Slug

News Credits:
    Just got this and Cerebros is, for me, easily the best part of the whole package. He's masterfully designed, really robustly made (the plastic feels more like a TF toy from ten years ago), fun to transform and just looks perfect. The character's recent appearance in MTMTE has me even more excited to own him.

Max is alright. My biggest issue is that despite the clever remolding he still can't shake the "Metroplex dressed up like Fort Max" vibe. Don't get me wrong, he's very cool and I'm glad they went this route rather than not making a new FM at all, but the G1 toy is still my main Max.

Overall I kinda feel like I spent $150 on Cerebros. :D 

6. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

^^^I'd say that's a good deal...

...right?

As much as I loved Rebirth as a kid, I'd sooner buy the Legends version for Fortress since my son loves Headmasters.

7. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

8. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

I thought it was lame that neither Max nor Cerebros came with a weapon. Even though Cerebros is a pacifist in the Rebirth episodes. I just noticed that Cerebros can hold the little detachable Titan Master turret that goes in Max's chest. Doesn't look bad with him either.

On an unrelated note, I melted the archway piece (trying to tighten it with boiling water, it warped) that sits on his back and is always falling off. If anybody is doing a custom, or doesn't transform theirs, or whatever, would anybody be willing to sell me the part? I made a post about it in the junk pit, but got chirping crickets in response. I also wrote TCP and TfSource, and asked all my local friends, but nobody had one they could spare.

9. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

So basically, in terms of scale, Cerebros is about the size of a Combiner?

10. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Found a use for an extra set of CW HFGs:

Attached Files:

11. Blackout32

Blackout32 PANTERA FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I am thinking about getting the sdcc version cause i want the sword. So to keep from spending the money to 3rd party why not just buy the sdcc version. So hopein to get the figure around last part of the year.

12. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Cerebros technically does have a weapon, he can hold the black twin turret gun as a blaster.

13. FortMax123

News Credits:
    One of the stickers say "headmaster cerebros vehicular interface" in cybertronian autobot text. 2 interesting things about that. 1) they called cerebros a headmaster, not a titan master. 2) it suggests that Cerebros somehow has a vehicle mode.

14. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That might be more to do with how Cerebros is an essential part of Fortress Maximus' vehicle and city modes.

15. herugrim

herugrim N/A

Ebay:
    Finally got around to getting this one myself.

If I had known they were going to turn Metroplex into Fortress Maximus, I never would've bought the former. I have nothing against Metro but I already have Cypertron Metroplex who, even if he wasn't all that Geewunny, was still a solid figure. Now I have two Metroplex's and a FortMax.

Despite that, Fortress was still worth it. As a remold he's very impressive, doesn't even look like Metroplex even in his alt modes. Knee canons aside his lack of weaponry is a bit disagreeable at first but I guess the robot mode in battle is more good for squashing guys anyway. Battleship mode is really for firepower.

Emissary is a pretty typical titan master. Cerebros looks great on his own and makes a good head but he lacks his own altmode and combining with Fort's alt modes feels tacked on.

Fort himself has a few minor issues. They didn't tighten up the leg joints (or at least they aren't very tight on mine) so articulation is still a no-go beyond pointing a figure and turning his head. Speaking of the head Cerebros likes to pop off easily, probably because of the lights&sounds gimmick. Same gimmick leaves the eyes looking dead (personally would've preferred no gimmick with painted eyes, suppose I can always paint them myself, though). His altmodes are pretty week. I get that laying on his belly for battleship mode is Geewunny and all but it's still pretty lame. For some reason his legs don't peg together even though Metro's did. Tower is a nice touch but looks terrible without Cerebros. Can't help but think the legs pegging together and maybe even retracting/folding up (since the legs do nothing aside from swinging down his toes) would've made this look more solid.

City mode is weak, especially considering it was serviceable on the G1 toy. There's an entry ramp that folds up but otherwise it's spaceship mode with the legs swung out. Would've looked better if the runways folded out into ramps and the legs opening up was actually utilized in some way. Only way to make it look like a base or city is to fill him up with titan masters and weapons which is easy enough to do. Connecting with other base-formers is kind of a joke, though. Here's a little red ramp that nothing can drive on that can tab into the other base former! Better instead to just position Powermaster Optimus Prime in base mode tucked right next to Metroplex. Would've been another great possible function of opening legs to incorporate the leaders. Still, with Powermaster Prime's station nustled up next to him and Sentinel Prime and Alpha Trion docked on the runways in their ship modes with their weapons posted on FortMax and the titan masters standing around connected to various pegs makes for a very impressive display. I hope Trypticon works out so well. I can see him now with Galvatron, Scourge, and Cyclonus all docked on him, with Soundwave's lab being connected nearby.

Both altmodes were a lot stronger on Metroplex but I will give them credit for giving Fortress Maximus his own modes and not having him transform exactly the same way. The double headmaster gimmick makes up for his short comings (IMO) which was always something that interested me with the original figure so now I can finally have FortMax without him costing me $2,000 and he can turn his head. Still a win for me, flaws and all. Makes for a very impressive sprawling "Autobot City" When displayed alongside his moldmate Metroplex, both in city mode. Decepticons are royally screwed, devastator and all.

16. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I'm happy with this version, as I'm not about to shell out $1,000+ to $550 for the G1/ RID Brave Max or the $300 for the Encore.......$150 is soooo much saner

• Like Like x 2
  17. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Laugh that was what I came in the thread to ask too - I may have to jam something in the gap inside the repair bay I guess.

I only have one side that is loose mind (the one that the pointless part attaches too).

18. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Mine was the same, I cut a small squarish piece of plastic, the thickness of a usual store loyalty card (mine came from the top tag my The Works store card came off), wide enough to slot down the post channel behind the blue post just enough to wedge the hooked end a smidge further forward to hook on better, and it worked but is not permanent in case at any point I need to remove the blue part for whatever reason.
    I also sharpied the white edges black so it wouldn't stand out

19. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel the same way.

I would make some display suggestions though you can reverse the legs and knees and give him wider feet that more closely resembles the original toy - you can also display him elbows out so his arms look different to Metroplex's you get some semblance of the forearm hatches then too.

I'm starting to prefer his crotch on the normal way though (the Metroplex way) as it is just a better looking part.

-----

Design wise I would not have minded if the ramps were movable so they could be re-attached to his legs in some of the base modes.

Shame they didn't give him wind up motor powered or damped sprung guns that popped out of his guts or a couple of guns to decorate the other modes with. The feet are kinda terrible too. The whole lower foot and heel needed to be a separate part really.

If they'd be clever they could have made larger upper arms, added the bulkier feet made his hips 20% bigger and really massed him up. They probably could have done with new knees too not just for the look but because the original ones don't work very well.

He's great to look at as a robot - but he's not great to play with unfortunately - that may change with time and using fan base modes sure helps "a lot" too. Some fun is to be had with the Legion Class toys with him I guess even in his bare suggestion of a base mode.

20. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Can someone post the alt-modes without Cerebros?