Titan Returns Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lady Slipstream, Nov 20, 2015.

1. BreakSilence

BreakSilence Well-Known Member

I had (have??) a Cybertron Leader Class Optimus Prime but I cannot find it anywhere. He was a real tank when he had all his equipment on. I still hold it hope that I'll find him somewhere I haven't looked. Nevertheless, when I saw the TR leader powered up OP I had to get it because it was somewhat reminiscent of the much older Cybertron figure. I love his bulk and that he is a different take on the more classic OP like the Potp version.

2. theyeastofthoughtsandmind

theyeastofthoughtsandmind Member

I dunno why im asking this but it would be really cool if someone were to paint maybe TR Sky Shadow with Black 2.0

3. Burnout

Burnout Rogue Mercenary

I am so griff. Yes i am that lazy! ;) 

4. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Grumpy Old Veteran

News Credits:
    Galvatron: "Give up infadels we have you grossly out matched!"

Ultra Magnus: "We have you out numbered!"

Nemesis Pax: "How?"

Megatron: "I count too damn it!"

20181013_202454.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  5. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Seaspray in Australia
    [​IMG]

Kup
    [​IMG]

Brawn
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  6. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Grumpy Old Veteran

News Credits:
    20181016_115516.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  7. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

20181016_184831.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  8. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

I grabbed him before work the other day and as soon as I realized that it was the visor that made him look off it drove me nuts all day. Couldn't wait to get home and fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still need to do the same. Yours looks great! :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  11. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Thanks. The pic makes it look like there's a bit of red on the side where I could have slipped. But I think it's too small for my eye to catch in person or I'd fix it. I surprised myself at how well it turned out.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

I'm still pissed we didn't get a complete set of the cassette minions in TR, and then put Rumble (yes, RiBFiR) in a crappy box set. I would say be patient for them to make them eventually, but after seeing the Siege Ravage and Laserbeak, which I like, I just am not sure anymore if we will get all of these in a matching aesthetic. I actually really liked them being Legends sized and having the Leader Soundwave and Blaster with them. I can easily overlook the shortcomings (Ravage) when overall they were so awesome, and even had separate alt modes.

I just don't understand Hasbro anymore. Do they not understand collectors want the whole set and for it to match? *sigh*

13. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they understand, they also understand collectors will buy it regardless. hell collectors will buy a piece of crap one step bumblebee to get the blue frumble. thats why he was released that way haha

• Like Like x 8
  14. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

The $30 set is worth it. The Rumble is obviously the big selling point, but the Buzzsaw deco is way better than the original and Howlback while nothing special wears the mold well in blue. Even without Howlback I figure I spent $30 for Rumble and Buzzsaw.

But agreed a huge oversight on Hasbros part to not to Rumble, Eject, or Steeljaw in the line.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Optimugatron

True, but it doesn't encourage collectors to keep buying if they keep puling crap like that. At some point, they will drive off their long-time fans. Let's hope they start course correcting in the future, because "profit" is not always a good excuse to scalp their own products. With exclusive releases like this set and the Throne of Primes, they are making it harder and more costly to finish any subgroup and that does not encourage fans to buy more.

Most collectors are smart and don't have the money to keep paying premium prices for figures to complete a set. If HasTak keeps this up, these collectors will stop falling for it and find something better to spend their money on. Lord knows I am. If I feel that I won't be able to finish my collection in a reasonable way, I will walk away entirely., and my wife will be very thankful. Lord knows she was when I quit World of Warcraft...

• Like Like x 4
  16. Optimugatron

Don't forget Ratbat, Overkill, and Slugfest. I have a feeling that most just want the blue Rumble/Frenzy though. The mold is really good for those guys and it's a shame they weren't released in TR. HasTak could have easily appeased the fans by releasing the figures of the characters that were overlooked in the final wave.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Titans Return was an amazing line, the best since Classics in my opinion (or probably before), and it's only real shortcomings was the figures that should have been included but weren't.

• Like Like x 3
  17. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Overkill like Ramhorn I'm ok with the TR ones as I really like those molds and the play pattern still fits in with TR even if they're different from the other casettes.

Hasbro did miss some opportunities though to fill huge collection gaps. The Horrocons and Autobot Targetmasters come to mind immediately. Hopefully these gaps are filled at some point.

Also 100% agree about the quality of TR, if they had hit those few beats they missed it would have taken the line to almost perfect, and mind you this is the only mainline I ever purchased in completion. It really was a wonderful 15 or 16 months of TF's.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I'm most pissed off about the stunt they pulled with Blast Off.
    Releasing a redeco so Takara could have the new design as a selling point for their UW set but in made up colors and then more than a year later, when they could be sure people didn't expect it anymore, broke down and bought the UW set they do an exclusive release in the correct deco.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Optimugatron

I'll be honest, I forget about them, but have both, and am fine with them, even if they don't really match. I miss TR and hope Seige pulls off how awesome it looks...

I understood that more when we get the exclusive Takara molds for Slingshot, Wildrider, and Groove at regular MSRP. It was a hard pill to swallow waiting 3 years and then paying over $8 more for the exclusive release from Amazon. Yes, I got it, and yes, I love the mold. I just don't think it's fair how they did that. It literally feels like they are scalping their own products.

Enough complaining from me. I miss Titans Return. So much love here.

• Like Like x 2
  20. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It came with a primemaster and special packaging, there’s the $8

• Like Like x 4