Titan Returns Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lady Slipstream, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    No, but he’s a ninja, he possesses ninja skills. He uses said ninja skills. A loud gun seems uncharacteristic to that type of character of those abilities, and while there are many other weapons a ninja could employ, a sword/katana seemyingly fits more then a pair of guns.

Besides, it’s my toy so I can do whatever the hell I want with it.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    I see your point, and I don't have a problem with it.

But for me it doesn't fit Sixshot, even if he is a "ninja". Plus he had a much varied arsenal than just Katanas.

• Like Like x 2
  3. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had to be reminded that didn't carry swords either despite being a ninja. Can't think of any other reason he'd be having -- sorry, there's some dust her (cough*kaff*cough*mmcterminushexatron*gasp*cough) - whooo, sorry about that :D :D :D :D :D :D .

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thundercracker Blue

Thundercracker Blue Well-Known Member

View attachment 27860037
    I like it.

I had an extra Highbrow (to replace the one we thought my son had lost), so I subbed his gray thighs and fists for Scourge’s blue ones. A few dabs from a silver paint pen, and I’m really digging him.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Thundercracker Blue

5DC2DCB1-F9CF-431E-8E7C-7C20B4297AC8.jpeg View attachment 27860042

• Like Like x 12
  6. Thundercracker Blue

Just curious: does anyone know if or when Walmart puts old figures on clearance? A couple of stores near me are packed with Wave 1 and 2 Deluxes, and I’d be willing to build an army of Sweeps on the cheap.

7. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Back when they had them for $10 I picked up an extra five. It’s awesome, but now I really need LG Scourge to differentiate them.

8. Thundercracker Blue

Yeah, they’re doggedly clinging to their $14.97 price tag. Dudes, you’re not going to unload 8 each of Scourge, Highbrow, and Blur for $15!

And when they finally give in, I’ll be waiting ...

9. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dilly Dilly!!

10. Sigmalock

Sigmalock Decepticon

One ninja-style weapon Sixshot did have in the toon was ninja stars (cough*gasp*likemmcterminushexatron*gasp*cough)
    Whoa! That dust is everywhere, I tells ya! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  11. charsdc2

charsdc2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes, my Legends Misfire just past US customs, hopefully he'll be here either tomorrow or Weds!

12. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    F4E1B085-C03C-409F-B72C-7C9604EEDDA8.jpeg Love the shiny eyes , makes me miss light piping sometimes.

• Like Like x 7
  13. IceCreamCyborg

IceCreamCyborg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone order Trypticon today? $100 on Amazon or Walmart

14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    They did put them on sale on the website; since the store price matches to Wal-mart.com, that's how I finished my Sweep force. $7 something (.62, .49?) a "Sweep", I picked up three there (2 at one, 1 at another, cleaning out the local Scourges).

I got the first one during a buy one, get one half off sale while I was getting someone else (Blurr I think) and I wasn't all that thrilled with it. With time after I got into the Titans Return concept, warmed back up to the figure, even if I didn't like the QC on it and I either had a reward or there was a sale, decided to give a later production one another chance. That one was still had a minor bobblehead, but was otherwise a pretty good figure and I figured that the first was a lemon. After that I don't recall the exact circumstances but got a third to have the "basic set", it too was fine outside of the bobblehead (Which every one was "fixed" with some clear nail polish on and around the connector point), so I was happy. A few months later I found I kept looking at Legends Scourge reviews and pictures and finding one for a pretty good price on eBay, bought it. I did fairly well on the QC lottery with him and felt like I was set. It wasn't for several months after that and with a pre-order in for the Sharkticon and Sweep 7 head that I saw the chance to price match, saw the Scourges, and decided to "complete" the group, buying both that they had. I went to another store and got the newer production one there and had them price match. Then I opened the newer one and was blown away at how good it was, then two older ones, the first one was the one that was like 2 and 3 that I happened to open first, then the worst of all of them ended up just by chance as last.

Scourge and the 7 Sweeps.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  15. DestronOne

DestronOne Well-Known Member

Good idea bro. I should have thought about that too with highbrow's thighs/hands. That's gonna save me time if I was ever gonna paint those parts gray. :) 

16. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Yeah, some one should do something about it.

:D :D :D :D :D 

17. AgenderArcee

AgenderArcee Well-Known Member

Oooh I want it.

CW Ultra Magnus had the same issue, disproportionately tiny doors and ladders making it seem more like a mobile building than a truck.

18. DestinedAnarky

DestinedAnarky I want more cosmic MCU

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Decided to swing by one of the Walgreens in town to see if they had the clone exclusive set. Almost missed it because I was thinking the box was going to be a little bigger than it actually is. However, I did find it and they had four or more still on the shelf after I picked mine up. It was also 25% off so I got it for right around $13. Glad I decided to swing by today instead of procrastinating.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Just your usual MTMTE fan

Just your usual MTMTE fan Devout scAvenger

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The way the mask and face blend makes it look like G1 Pipes got a massive upgrade.

• Like Like x 1
  20. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ok, so Hardhead is, without a shadow of a doubt, my favourite of the classic '87 Headmasters (Apeface is a Horrorcon so they're separate and I don't need to chose between my two favourites, OK?!?!) but Highbrow is easily the most handsome, and classically Autobot looking, on them. I didn't hold this guy in my hands until I was 35, and I was genuinely super impressed by him.
    I want to love the TR Highbrow. He's a well designed figure with a great headsculpt and an innovative transformation, striking a really great balance between being faithful to both the toy and the character model while being a great modernisation. It's just that fucking neck connector!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12