Titan Class Devastator pic

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ra88, Feb 2, 2015.

1. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

C'mon boys, let's not turn this into a shelf measuring competition...

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey at least we spent a couple pages having The Same Damn Argument about whether comics are allowed to profane G1 before going back to The Same Damn Argument about whether Hasbro is "lazy."

3. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    As if buying plastic toys after the age of 30 isn't mid-life crisis enough, now I'm making up for lost shelf space too.

4. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

G1 devastator was a brick in combined form, not to mention the simplistic look of the individual bots that if made today would cause rage. Don't get me wrong I like G1 devastator and it was nice for its time but I think titan devastator is a great successor. As far as paint apps that was really simple too on the g1 toy most of the detail were stickers, not paint. I think what we see of paint apps on titan devastator looks great other than them looking so brightly colored obviously because the colors are washed out in the camera flash, in hand I'm sure the colors will be darker. The only thing I really see slightly off on titan devastator is the slightly small head but that isn't a deal breaker for me, I alwasys thought the g1s toy head was to big.

5. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Technically, aren't they all genderless? I mean they do not procreate, the notion of Cybertronians having a gender is sort of moot point.

3rd Party are not allowed to be 100% accurate to the original source, due to legal reasons (or so it's said).

The shovel arm on GG's not-Scavenger does swivel back and forth and does have an "elbow", the shovel itself does not. Not-Bonecrusher's shovel also has some articulation as it swivels up and down as to the piston/arms holding the shovel doing the same.

"Cold hard facts" is subject of opinion.

Agreed on combined mode, GG is just top notch.

My experiences with transforming not-Scrapper is apparently different from yours. I guess I've done it so much that it doesn't phase me. I find not-Bonecrusher more of a pain than not-Scrapper.

Not-Mixmaster (to me) is one of the better bot modes. I adore the drop down aiming module over his head for the missles hidden behind it. The feet are tad confusing to get right, but overall? Still good looking.

Connector on their backs never troubled me either. I prefered this over partsforming.

No problems with not-Longhaul or not-Hook.

Every 3rd party figure will miss the mark. Due to legal reasons, they cannot look 100% like the original fig (so it's said, but apparently they are allowed to get REALLY close. I never truly understood that thin line).

If any complaints about GG (and I do have them) is the lower arms on combined mode. The elbows are set very low. The combined hands articulation could have been better design (having more joints than just the knuckles. Something akin to the articulation on M3 and Quantron).

As for CW Devy. Compared to the past rendition of Has/Tak Devys and the original G1 toy, is a massive improvement. However, it still flawed majorly. I'm putting high hopes on Takara that they will address many of CW Devy's concerns, though I know deep inside that which I hope for will not happen.

6. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think Titan Devastator is the best. If the head is tooled better, that will be fantastic.

7. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Realist

That may have been the case back then when the Devastators were built, but looking at the current offerings feom 3rd parties it seems like that is untrue. I would love to see a 3rd party MP Devastator, shouldn't be any different then how the Dinobots are being handled.

8. Travicon

Travicon Nerdbot

Titan dev is definitely the best devastator so far. And what's this about 3rd party not being able to look exactly like the original character/toy or whatever? No offense but is that an excuse or some kind of denial to make people feel better about giant and or Hercules? Because I'm looking at my ft dinobots and I'm confused... Also thinking about Apollyon, that new beachcomber, and a hoard of other 3rd party figures that are pretty much perfect.

9. Spartan0996

Spartan0996 Island Devil

I always thought Herc looks the way he does because they were updates to the original designs so it'd fit in with the CHUG line. I get the impression that some people forget that not every Transformers toy is supposed to be in the Masterpiece line.

10. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    As mentioned above, I do not understand that whole legal fine line 100%, but Hasbro would have a legal stank if any 3rd party does a fig 100% accurate to the original figure (or what they deem "crossed the line").

Even the dinobots are no exception -

FP? Not 100% accurate.

Planet X? Has/Tak hasn't made those figures and even then Planet X's releases are not 100% accurate to the game/comic.

TFC/Gigapower/Mechaform/Toyworld? Not 100% accuate.

Only Bullsfire and, especially, FansToys come ridiculously close (to the point that it attracted certain heads looking their way), but apparently didn't hit that "ok, they nailed it on the head, time to sue'em" mark.

I thought Herc was TFC's attempt at an IDW rendition of Devy pre-Prowlestator, but they couldn't accurately "copy" it due to legal reasons. I swear I recall reading that somewhere.

Man, get off that zombied horse. GG blows CW Devy out of the water. That has nothing to do with legalities. It has everything to do with there was more time spent on the design and engineering of the figure.

Excuse or denial to make people feel better :rolleyes: 

11. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    This Devastator looks great. And I'm optimistic it'll look even better in person! Just need to sell some old stuff off to have cash for this and for the G2 Masterpiece Bumblebee.

12. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had G1 devs back in the day and you know what, it sucked. Cool because it was the first ever Tf combiner? Heck yeah. But it was also a fragile mess that if you looked at cross eyed would fall over let alone attempt playing with it and not fall apart. Scramble city fixed most of this but don't let the goggles make G1 devs into something he's not.

13. Spartan0996

Spartan0996 Island Devil

You wouldn't be wrong, IDW and CHUG pretty much equal the same thing design wise, (heavily, in the time that certain comic was around) as much as some other fans will disagree. It does take some artistic liberties with the IDW design though, like more purple and the way the treads become the arms, chestplate. It looks more like a toy than the art, which I personally like.

14. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Realist

IDK, I think saying the 3rd party MPs aren't accurate enough to get Hasbros attention may be off. A lot of Has/taks stuff isn't Really any closer to the source material with the exception of MPs and even those have changes here and there. I think it comes down to the previous Devastators being made for the CHUG line where artistic changes are made. As for TFC and MTs offerings looking closer to the source material after Devastator, I think was was more because of fan reaction and people wanting figures that looked closer to the characters they were representing. Also, I could be completely wrong as well when it comes to the llegality

15. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    :D 
    Yippee-kay-yay!

Well, over the years things no longer fit, got floppy, etc. and I eventually replaced some parts with those from a cheap KO I got in a mini-mart in an attempt to fix it because I thought they'd fit. (BTW- they don't).

So now they are sitting in a show box somewhere in my garage.

16. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    ^^^

I hear you on this matter. I hate digging into the specifics of legal matters. It's a friggin nightmare to rummage through. I still haven't recovered from the headache of the Harmony Gold fiasco. To all of you that study/studied law, I doth may hat off to thee. Thou art more patient and much more masochistic than I.

17. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Banned

Gender has nothing to do with procreation. Gender is a social construct.

18. Vkrylian

Vkrylian Well-Known Member

19. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    I'm sorry but that is the scientific definition of gender, any social associations came later.

20. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Banned

You seem to be confusing gender and sex. They're two different things. Look it up.