Titan Class Devastator pic

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ra88, Feb 2, 2015.

1. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    'This' meaning a low resolution picture of a work in progress figure that no one has fully evaluated in hand yet?

2. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

Honestly I would've rather had this not exist at all. It's just depressing.

3. bigpink

bigpink Breastforce

Ebay:
    I have a feeling that in a year or so, the molds will be downscaled and put out again as individuals or a cheaper gift set for around $100. Especially if the individual bot modes are limited in articulation as has been repeatedly stated by those that have seen them.

4. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True. It is a Devastator. However it needs to be said:

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ;) 

Heh, that blunt of yours hit you hard, didn't it? As much as I do not like TFC's Herc, it blew CW Devy out the water.

Got to admit, nice G2 digibash. The fig still doesn't cut it, sadly.

Please lend me the borked glasses you're using to view CW wif :wink: 

^^ Priceless.

I know. I was actually looking forward towards it too :cry 

I hope Takara fixes a lot more than just the colors (yes, I know, highly doubtful)

That's just mean, d00d. You're rubbing salt on the wound and spinning the blade causing it :p 

At this point, I hope Hasbro does make a Prowlestator. It gives them another chance to redeem themselves. hehe

Thou needest another hittest from thine blunt ;) 

You're off bud. If you want to pay 6 c-notes for a GG, I'll gladly sell you mine *grins*. Btw, GG goes for about $350-$400, and still worth it (especially after this CW reveal).

No they won't. Seeing you can pick up a GG for around $350 - $400, if that had to drop that amount, CW Devy won't be the choice (this excludes all those Hasbro White Knights).

5. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, he said that he wants a toon accurate Devy, and what you've shown seems to be the only one.
    And as you already mentioned, making that work with transformable figures would be futile.

6. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Maybe we start a new thread for reasonable discussion and abandon this one to the "MoAR lIek HAZBLOW" and "3p cAn SuKc it" crowds?

7. bigpink

bigpink Breastforce

Ebay:
    I would look around more if you can. Giant shouldn't cost you more than $400 and you could probably get him for less if you really look. Herc is going to be tough. You will probably find him for around $500 or just over, and maybe if you are really lucky for around $450, but that's if you are really, really lucky.

I think this will probably do for a while and a third party will likely step up to fill in and fix anything you might be concerned about. So you could save at least $100 over getting the third parties offerings.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Apart from the small left foot and the asymmetrical arm treads (yes I know they're accurate, it's still an eyesore no matter how you cut it), looks perfect to me. The small head doesn't bother me as it actually contributes to his massiveness its not exactly that far off from the proportions of a lot of deluxe toys, and the arms I can live with.

No regrets about passing up the 3P toys. Just image searched them and they're definitely not better enough to justify paying 2-4 times as much. Plus, their individual bots are hideous. Are people just saying they are that much better just to feel less stupid about how much they dropped for them?

9. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I'm sadly underwhelmed.

10. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. bigpink

bigpink Breastforce

Ebay:
    You might want to hold off on calling them stupid until you actually see the individual bot modes on the CW Devestator.

12. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I like the look of Green Giant better, so I'm glad to hear he's not as pricey but $400 is more likely to be spent on rent or medical bills for me, my TF budget is only around $100 a year until my living situation gets a lot better and even then that money would be better spent elsewhere if it weren't for my dying inner child. Doesn't mean I don't want it still though, haha.

13. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

Jeez I hated how that thing looked but after trying to find anything tolerable about this CW shitstain I'm actually considering buying this.

14. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yes, anyone praising or lamenting thus figure should take a step back and wait for an official reveal at the very least.

In hand feedback will tell much, IF this is as good as CW Superion then I'll be most pleased

15. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

selling green giant, after paying fees and shipping. and then getting titan devy + tax + shipping + mark ups + gas to hunt + 3rd party kits (if you're even lucky enough to get him). seems like a real bad idea. especially when green giant is way better.

16. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok I will admit that while the combined mode does look very cartoon accurate we have yet to see the individual bot modes. I think this x factor, which is yet to be revealed, will make or break this toy.

17. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

For me determining will be the individual robots, if they are top level, and I mean really top level. I will buy the set. If not then just for this devastator no.

18. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    So why keep coming in the thread? We get it, you don't like it. Others do. I like it. Not in love with it. But it looks good.

Sorry you didn't get your dream Devy. But wishing it "didn't exist" when for others it's more than what they hoped for is pretty freakin' selfish.

--------------

As for myself, I eagerly await more reviews and information before I make a total judgement.

19. Travicon

Travicon Nerdbot

It's not perfect but this says g1 devastator 1000x more than giant and epically Hercules. A few faults but a great devastator for sure!

20. scrapmetaru

scrapmetaru Well-Known Member

since when were the herc bot modes hideous? unless vangy edits more than i think, they look absolutely fine to me. the posability looks pretty good (though some have kinda ugly elbows and/or knees if you bend them) the bot modes themselves LOOK fine in shape other than a few minor backpacks, and the parts for combining don't screw them over. i don't see outright full on hideosity in them, have i missed something?