Titan Class Devastator pic

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ra88, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Well you can still hope now can you :wink: 

2. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ... the f***'s wrong with his foot?

3. Adumb

Adumb Sea of Rust tour guide

Ebay:
    Hope doesn't buy these people big green robutts so it won't matter much to them. Maybe if they started accepting tears, however...

4. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I prefer this over Hercules - and I'm a big fan of third party stuff.

I probably won't be leaving the Constructicons displayed as Devastator outside of the time it takes for a few pictures, because I've always been more interested in the individual robots.

It remains to be seen how suitable those are at any rate.

5. THE-TRANSFORMER

THE-TRANSFORMER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got no problems with it.

Could it be better? Sure, however two years ago we were saying stuff like "Hasbro would never make a combiner".

Credit where it's due.

Also, I'm sure that Mixmaster foot is miss-transformed?

6. Maximus Alpha

Maximus Alpha Biggest Strongarm Fangirl

That's the problem. People keep trying to divorce budget and cost from these toys and it just isn't working. They do not exist in a vacuum. Hasbro has to constrain themselves to a budget, stick to arbitrary safety standards, and satisfy stockholders and retailers before they can try to cater to us. All 3rd party has is the fans and online stores like TFSource.

7. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon (Retired)

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Looking at the picture again, I'm starting to think people are right that it is a modern cement mixer with the cab in the knee. The foot is made by the engine instead of the cab.

8. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

SERIOUSLY!!!!!

I mean, fine, gripe all you want, but if you don't support Hasbro's OFFICIAL efforts just because you're enamoured by your $500 3rd party gestalt then you can't complain when Hasbro simply stops producing things for us older collectors.

But I think we know they'll buy it anyways.

9. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Nice catch. You may be onto something there. I personally am waiting to see some pics before I pass any judgement. I have Herc but would enjoy having a fully combining and transforming Devs that I can tinker with and not have to worry about being out hundreds of dollars if something broke.

10. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

Bingo!

11. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is long haul a leg?
    because his left leg looks like a dump truck...

12. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I really think the CW line is a great step in the right direction for HasTak.

And this Devastator seems to underscore that upward trend. Just like the phenomenal CW Superion, all of these CW combiners :

- Are not trying to be MP nor direct competitors to 3rd party products.

- Have aesthetics which are a fantastic interpretation of G1 ; creating a well balanced fusion mix of G1 toy and toon style.

It's clear they're not aiming for a humongous amount of overpronounced and repetitive sculpt detail & complexity ; it's not aiming to please the people who demand such style, proportions and levels of complexity (anime super robot mecha style).

- The combine and play factor IS pretty much the crucial factor. The CW line makes transformers simplistic and uninteresting ? Hell no; the depth of play value and fun is centered around the concept that anyone can pick up these figures, enjoy them for what they are individually, and get even more actual playfun out of them, in combined form. This is where relative "simplicity"
    and smart-sturdy engineering pays off ; because one can actually have good posing sessions with them and kids can really play with them without the fear of breaking 400 bucks of product.

Sure, CW Menasor seems to be a bit less successful at fulfilling this concept, but this Devastator and the rumoured upcoming CW combiners confirm the strong points which CW Superion has established.

So.... this Devastator does not seem decent, it does not seem OK-ish.....

no, it seems to shape up Fantastic , on the core points which CW line establishes.

13. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks pretty amazing to me. The deal breaker for myself will likely be the tiny upper legs (though the before and after dev figure has the same and that's still awesome, so maybe it wouldn't bother me), but otherwise really impressive.

14. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Back on the topic of the toy itself...

... I blew up the image, brightened it, and sharpened it, before reducing noise. The result was a less that crystal clear but still larger and more detailed image and I noted something:

Unless I'm mistaken, the fingers don't appear to be individually articulated, but there DOES appear to be a hinge grip allowing the hands to open and close somewhat.

I suspect the final product will see the forearms and hands painted or molded purple instead of black, along with Bonecrusher's treds if they're going for G1 homage which they seem to be. That would make it sufficiently cartoon accurate for my tastes personally.

15. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

I wonder, with Hasbro making such a ginormous Combiner. Will the 3rd Party companies plan to make 3 foot tall Combiners this day forward? xp

16. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    head looks way too small and pretty bad in general but I dig just about everything with the body itself. 3P does a head for it and I'm golden.

17. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon (Retired)

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    My revised thought process on Mixmaster. There is no cab anymore, except the small one hidden just below the mixer near the knee. You can see the side window there on the inside of the calf.

I also think the leg above the mixer is all Long Haul, even on the right leg too. I think Scrappers rear wheels are on flaps that lock into Long Haul to form the leg. That's why it's deceptive that Scrapper seems longer than what he actually is in leg mode. I think the front end of Mixmaster is a flap that connects to the back of Long Hauls leg the same way.

18. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

This site needs a like button!!!!

Also, at the risk of playing devil's advocate, I really do like CW Menasor.
    Just from an engineering standpoint alone it succeeds where FP Intimidator failed when it came to making a 5 bot combiner gestalt instead of an oversized Motormaster wearing 4 cars. Also, I rather enjoy the hulking proportions. It adds a level of personality that does indeed go with the character.

19. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

I kind of want to know what the sizes of the constructicons are going to be. So far it is looking like:
    Long Haul - Voyager
    Hook, Mixmaster, Scrapper- Deluxe
    Scavenger, Bonecrusher - Scout (or w/e they call it now)

could just be me, but it looks like they are all out of proportions. It is still good....and I will buy it...but I'm interested to see the parts separated.

20. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Recent pics do indeed point out, he'll probably be appreciated more widely (pun pun lol) than CW Prime and his combined form.