Titan Class Devastator pic

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ra88, Feb 2, 2015.

1. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Ah, I'm interested now!

2. hereisevil1

hereisevil1 Well-Known Member

mix master needs work that cab/ foot needs to bi bigger other than that it looks ok still need to see indvidual bots

3. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    im starting to wonder if Mix master doesnt have his g1 altmode, and has adapted something more modern.

The part that becomes the foot really looks like the back end on this style cement truck

[​IMG]

4. TFcustoms91

TFcustoms91 Well-Known Member

Hasbro Devastator looks great but not perfect Mixmaster is to small Devastators head is to small Bonecrusher and Scavengers tracks can be fixed with some black paint all and all Hasbro did a good job.

I would definitely take Hasbro Devastator over the 3rd Party TFC Hercules Devastator and the MakeToys Green Giant Devastator.

5. Maximus Alpha

Maximus Alpha Biggest Strongarm Fangirl

There's people on both sides. It's just that, quite often, the Hasbro dislike comes from comparing their stuff to $300+ collectibles. People are getting tired of it. YES, this $150 mass-market toy is not as well-engineered as a collector-oriented, small-run, no-budget-constraints figure. That's already been established.

6. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

The foot and barrel doesn't really look like G1 construction machinery/vehicle.

But I really love the overall proportions on Hastator.

The head and foot size are minor mishaps but that G1 toy face...

7. Shipmeadow

Shipmeadow Inaction Master

I think I just got it. There are actually people on this board to whom money is no object, at least when it comes to collecting miniature transforming robots. From that perspective their arguments makes a whole lot of sense.

8. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

I think most of us are pretty used to it at this point. Let's face it; for some people the world is black and white which means that having a different opinion is the same as being rude or insulting.

9. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I agree with people that pointed out that his arms can be part of the transformation of the arms, and now I'm looking at it and I think that the head is also integrated which could be why it's undersized.

I feel like it's good they're trying to get everything into the transformation; but the front wing thing can't be part of the transformation in any way that I can see; so I would've rather have had a bigger head if I have to keep track of 1 piece, I can keep track of 2,3,4 etc.

10. Destron UK

Destron UK G1 Dinobot Pro

News Credits:
    How is it MP scale when it's barely 6" taller than the likes of Takara Magnus and the third party Dinobots?

Nothing about it remotely fits with that line.

11. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    This whole TT/Has vs 3p really needs to stop and ppl need to grow up, you could Think you are in kindergarden still.

This is a official Devastator from TT/Has for ous collectors and kids. This is the best looking "official" Devastator we have hade since, well G1. (Even though the Landfill repaint in Universe was kinda neat) They have really made it looking good from what you can se on this one pic.

The Herc and GG are also great but they are not transformers. And Before the 3P members pulls their hair allow me to explain. both Herc and GG is great figures but they are not Transformers. They are based on Transformers but thats it. They cant be called Transformers, cant use their real names etc etc.

Are the 3P bad figures. No they are not but this is what Has/TT gives ous, its what the official producers of Transformers gives ous and I like what they have done from what I can see on this one pic. This toy is also made to appel to both ous collectors and kids and not cost 300-500 USD and must work to massproduce and sell worldwide.

If ppl want to spend Money on expensiv 3p figures then by all means, I think alot of them are cool aswell but for me they are not Transformers in a official meaning and that stops me from buying them.

And no I dont buy Everything Has/TT throws out, but I have collcted over 12 years now and have not bought anything that is not G1 vintage or G1 reissue since 2008 but CW got me back and will get the TT giftsets and I hope we get alot of them.

Bottom line is...stop comparing Has/TT to what some random 3P team does as it adds very little to the discussion.

12. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks better than expected! can't wait to see more!

13. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    In the age of cellphones and wrist watches that all have cameras, it's amazing it took this long.

Of course, surprise everyone, Devastator looks like Devastator. It will be better once we get better pictures plus some comparison pictures to see how this guy will scale up with the rest of the toys.

14. Adumb

Adumb Sea of Rust tour guide

Ebay:
    The circle will never stop. People will agree with you then others will disagree with those. Sometimes I swear I'm talking to the same people who complain about video games on other boards nonstop.

15. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Hmm, it doesn't look too bad, especially for a rather large figure. It's very G1 accurate. Can't wait to see the individual Constructicons.

16. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I understand that.. But if you're telling me that hasbro was incapable of making mixmaster look right because of their limitations (compared to 3rd parties have fewer restrictions) I'd call you a liar.

I'm judging hasbro based on what I believe they're capable of.. And I certainly believe they were capable of making mixmasters foot mode much better, giving him a slightly larger head, giving him purple wrists, AND making the treads black.

Now.. None of that stuff requires major mind blowing masterpiece style engineering. At most, it requires a better design and MAYBE a tiny profit dip.. But seeing as they've used black and purple already, I can't imagine doing things the right way, in turn pleasing more people, wouldn't still make this very profitable for them.

So.. I don't think the argument here is hasbro vs third parties.. I think it's hasbro vs being too cheap or too dumb and not doing something to it's full potential that they're actually capable of.

But, like I said, I think it turned out decent. It's better than I thought, but I'm definitely not going to make excuses for their poor choices.. Especially when you can bet that takara will remedy these color issues.

Lastly.. It is a bit insulting that this is an exclusive for collectors and they couldn't go those extra feet (yes, extra feet not extra mile) to make this look the best that it could've. I mean.. Isn't mixmaster enough of a compromise, the colors could've at least been correct. But you never know, maybe this isn't the final product, though I imagine it is.

17. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

we're gonna need a lot more soap boxes. hasbro colored glasses.

18. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Suspect 99% of the naysayers will still buy it, regardless of the moaning. Moment it hits stores / distributor and we get some fan photos and opinion, I can't imagine many will resist.

And if they don't, then everyone else will, especially the parents for their kids who aren't full of cynicism and just want to play with an epic toy.

19. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    when I read 'innernet fight...I actually prefer shorthand, misspelled slang with attempts at humor, more than the posts that read like a professor of english typed them with his trusty thesaurus at hand...Just saying..

20. Kyle Blues

Kyle Blues whoo.

Hm, the figure seems to suffer from the same too-short thighs as hercules, and it's a bit weird how small mixmaster's cab and devy's head are. Otherwise, it looks fine to me.

If the individual figures are voyager size, I wouldn't mind simplification if they at least have the same articulation as the deluxe-sized combiner war toys.

I'll be keeping an eye on this.