Titan Class Devastator pic

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ra88, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Mixmaster is scale accurate! YES!

2. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

I hope someone over at TFCC is considering this for Botcon 2016.

[​IMG]

3. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's a lot different when you have to have all the limbs be able to transform into individual bots as well.

And people talking about how Giant and Herc are better; do you go into the CW voyager optimus prime threads and talk about how much better MP-10 looks? Of course not; they're different classes, different figures. Giant/Herc look great but this guy was never going to measure up to them, so I don't see the point of going on about it over and over.

4. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    False on all counts. Green is inaccurate? Or does it have to be EXACTLY like the cartoon? Come on, get over slight imperfections.

Playskool? Excuse me, I had not realized you were able to get this in hand and try it out yourself...

... Oh wait, you are judging on a picture. Good job. How many times does this happen, we see a damn picture and immediately the torches and pitchforks come out, by people acting like they have actually seen it in person!?

Agreed. This looks awesome to me, and I cannot wait to see the FINAL PRODUCT, IN HAND.

Buy five voyagers and a leader and add up those retail prices, then rethink this comment.

There is no luck. People shelled it out for Metroplex and every single year for some repainted SDCC Exclusive. If someone wants it enough, they'll spend it. Considering 3rd party figures are double or triple the price, this is a great price. But you're Mr. Negative.

You were better off, most of the comments are coming from nerd-roid-rage faceless whiners who are complaining about a picture and have not seen it in-person.

THIS. This. THIS.

Hasbro is giving us a goddamned Titan Class combiner, which consists of SIX Constructicons, and the price tag is just the same if you would buy five voyagers and one leader, or four voyagers and two leaders.

The debate about the FOC Bruticus being a failure is debatable, since people did "buy them up" and went bat-shit crazy for the SDCC Exclusive. Sadly, the G2 Exclusive flopped, because by that point, Hasbro also produced the Wreckers combiner, so we got four repaints in the span of a year. It was overkill, which caused some, maybe most, to make like a WWE live crowd and turn on the company.

My OPINION, is that this is a great first outing for Hasbro to give its fans of ALL AGES and ALL GENERATIONS something to enjoy. People can forget the Generations line is NOT JUST for collectors. My kids saw my Scoop, Arcee, and Rattrap and wanted their own. So I bought them their own.

It comes down to a simple policy which people forget. Don't like it? Don't buy it. No one is having their arm twisted to buy anything.

Let's wait for this to be shown at NYCC, where people can get up-close-and-personal, see some YouTube reviews, and THEN and ONLY THEN can any of us make judgments.

Have to quote a fellow Jerseyian... You can't compare apples to potatoes. Two different things. As DukeFett says, no ball dropped here since this is a completely different level of construction. Metroplex is one figure. Devastator is six.

5. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    glad Omegax gets it, I can agree with everything you've said.

6. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This, people that are complaring Hercules or Green Giant to this are using the wrong lense imho. My personal opinion is that, from this one image, this thing surpasses any expectation I had about a mass retail devastator. Comparing it apples/apples to say Hasbro Superion, Hasbro FOC Bruticus, etc. this thing has tons of potential to be their best release yet. The fact it is SOOO G1 is a complete love letter to adult collectors. People need to stop expecting these to be in the same league as small run 3rd party adult collectors items - this isn't that.

7. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

Why all the negativity toward folks who want a third party augment to this guy? That's my favorite thing about third parties. I remember when I first got Kup, and I thought he was really great. Then I went to TFCon and saw the iGear heads for him. At the time I thought it was outrageous to pay 18 bucks for a head for a 15 dollar toy. But, dammit, he's all the better for having that cygar! Now I'm looking at Devastator here, and I love him for the most part. But better, more poseable hands and a slightly larger head would ice this cake nicely.
    I'm still hoping that the Mixmaster foot is wrong, however...

8. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    I bought the G2 exclusive. The reason it failed was likely because it added coke-bottle plastic to the already poorly designed and under-engineered figures. It's one of the few figures I keep MIB - because I can't bring myself to take it out of the box again. Yeah, it's that bad.

9. DarkPrinceofKaon

DarkPrinceofKaon Formaly known as D'POK

Ebay:
    And what you have quintessentially given us here is TFC's Devastator, which happens to be the one I own. And after this pic, I'm not about to sell mine off anytime soon.

There is a heck of a lot of you guys out there claiming that better camera angles or posing this figure differently will some how fix this things problems. You could pose this guy tearing through building props while shooting him from a lower position looking "up" for dramatic effect and this still isn't going to fix this things misproportioned limbs or head.

Hasbro current "Goldner" age design team cobbled this thing together on a budget. At the end of the day, it is what it is.

If anything positive can come out of this at all it is that it gives those fans who cannot afford third party prices to potentially have a Devastator of their own.

10. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm more interested in seeing what the individual bot modes look like. But, all this really does is make me wish for a true Masterpiece Devestator more.

11. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Totally agree I think 3rd party is at its best when it is complimenting an existing figure.

12. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    This guy is definitely going on my masterpiece shelf. Is he masterpiece style? Not quite, especially not with a giant Long haul. Is he masterpiece quality? Probably not. However, he is most definitely masterpiece scale, and resembles the cartoon model enough in combined mode to back up skywarp, thundercracker, soundwave, and the cassettes against my army of autobots.

13. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    I did too. I know I am in the minority, but I LOVED the Generation 2 line, so to get something that at least appeared to be a nice homage was cool, but, like you, I did not open it either as it didn't really seem like something worth taking out of the box.

Just like my Energon Omega Sentinel, some things are better kept in package.

14. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    "Goldner age"?

Goldner's been in charge at Hasbro since 2006. So that would include all the pre-current toys as well.

15. Destron UK

Destron UK G1 Dinobot Pro

News Credits:
    It's most definitely not Masterpiece scale.

16. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    It's 18" tall, that's masterpiece scale.

17. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

That's awesome! Grats to those who will be getting a proper official Dev!

I'm sticking with my GG tho :) 

18. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I'm real late to this party, can someone please fill me on the following query?

- will they have individual robot modes that transform?

19. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Yes

20. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

I see a tiny balljoint for what looks to be Scavenger's shoulder joint.

I remember, was it... Marvelous who mentioned upscaled deluxes?