Titan Class Devastator pic

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ra88, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Praise by omission? What the fuck does that even mean?

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks, man:D 

Hope Amazon.com carries this one.

Has anyone who's ever attended Botcon asked Hasbro why they don't care how their products are displayed/photographed? I mean, seriously, have their products ever been shown favorably?

Each time I've seen their items online, in catalogues or what have you, they almost always look like the person posing their items just doesn't give damn. I get that some items are tests, and that they might not be fully articulated yet, but why don't they use a stand or glue to help their products simulate the targeted look?

Some of Hasbro's items aren't my cup of tea, and some are just flat out crappy, but a lot of their products suffer from just bad promo displays. My 7-year-old has been turned away from a lot of items at first glance because they looked, well, bad. Had Hasbro given a damn, and made this or that item look good, he might have given them his money instead of giving it to Nintendo.

3. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Eh, if the component bot modes look good I'll be displaying it that way anyway. But no doubt if different poses/transformations don't make it look better, some good ol' 3rd party upgrade kits will!

Buying this regardless. And any inevitable G2/SG/Diaclone/Build Team/etc redecos.

4. CH@OS!

[email protected]! Looking for my next job

That looks 100% better. I guess we can count on 3rd party upgrades to get him to look like your shopped photo.

5. City Commander

City Commander Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Other example :D 

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

No, Hasbro has been around the fandom long enough to know that "Ugh, this is so ugly and stupid and cheap, WTF is Hasbro thinking, Hasbro is going to go out of buisness, etc" means nothing. If Hasbro gave up about the fans complaining and got embittered by it we wouldn't be getting anything aimed at the fans and that is most certainly not the case.

This fandom bitches about everything. And that is nothing new.

7. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    He really wouldn't look bad at all with a bigger head. What a difference with photoshop.

8. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And thus the sense of proportional largness conveyed by the small head and body-builder chest is completely lost.

9. grindcore138

grindcore138 桐生会は不滅なり!

News Credits:
    Not too shabby, but I can't help but feel just painting Bonecrusher and Scavenger's treads black would look a ton better, and Mixmaster's gimpy little cab/foot does look really weird.

10. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure someone else has already done this or similar, but so I could judge the rest of it without being distracted by the head and forearms I scaled them up a little and gave it a more constructicon purple.

[​IMG]

The pose is still terrible, and it wouldn't entirely surprise me if it was not perfectly transformed (though its better than many past efforts), but you know with the tiny bit of resizing the I think the majority of it looks fantastic.

I do wonder if the forearms are built in to the robots, it looks like both could tuck in to the vehicle modes and sit in the chest in robot modes (a lot like the deluxes combiner ports) and would explain why they are the size they are. Down side to that is it would make replacing them with 3p parts harder. Same with the head.

I really really wish they had gone with the darker G1 purple. Its making me wonder if its worth waiting to see what TT do.

11. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

And lets not forget mis-transformed figures. Take AOE Generations Crosshairs for example. The rear of the car is never folded down properly in robot mode in any official pictures, but he looks a lot better if it is. One wonders if the simplified transformations are actually for the marketing guys so they don't feel stupid.

12. rainningstorm

rainningstorm [email protected]

Too early to judge

Promo shots are normally different from the finished product, so let's wait and see.

13. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Also one thing that will greatly improve Devastator is OFFICIAL PHOTOS & REVIEWS! I'm sick of all the knee jerk arm chair reviewers around here writing everything off just because its made by HASBRO. What if this was a 3rd party reveal? Would opinions be different?

14. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Ayo Fryman. That uh, that's highly illogical. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Not bad. Shoulders are a bit low for my tastes and the head needs to be bigger. But I think he'll look much better when not a POS prototype with hot glue.

15. Maximus Alpha

Maximus Alpha Biggest Strongarm Fangirl

They would fold up, tabbing into the sides of the helmet. It'd look something like this, but with more silver.
    [​IMG]
    When I get back to my computer later, I'll try to Photoshop a mockup.

16. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

looks pretty cheap and simplistic. nothing like 3rd party quality. almost like a ko. upscaled legends it looks like. will make it an easier pass. was too big anyway. mixmaster looks bad. that magenta is horrible and cheap looking. i can see why they went with black. this thing is worth $50, not $160. the only people who will buy this are people who think it being titan class is a selling point. no more titan class combiners please. looks like a beast hunters upscaled leader figure.

17. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I suppose they could make some 'shell-type' add-ons that slide over the original arms and Mixmaster's cab, and perhaps a replacement head for those who want one. Other than that this Devastator looks perfectly fine to me.

18. Hellmutt

Hellmutt Well-Known Member

In the words of Luke Skywalker... "what a piece of junk!!"

I pity anyone who wastes their money on this thing.

19. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Apart from a chronic lack of paint, and Hasbro's usual derpy displaying, this looks hella alright.

20. luap184

luap184 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Good effort but...

[​IMG]