Tiny Turbo Changers found at Taiwan TrU

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by prime roller, Jun 22, 2017.

1. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    Went back to this Titan Returns Appreciation Thread Toys R Us today, and spotted a whole bunch of series 2 Tiny Turbo Changers.

Sorry I didn't get any, so can't help identify codes for them yet. I'll ask some buddies if they get any can they let me know.
    image.jpg
    ... should've searched for a Squeaks.
    NT$149 equals $6.50 Canadian, and $4.90 U.S. How much do these go for there (after tax)?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    First worldwide sighting as far as I'm aware.

• Like Like x 1
  3. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    Also in Hong Kong at ToysRUs yesterday. Probably just newly put out for the toy launch event last night.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    US retail is two to four bucks before sales tax, which varies from nothing (Oregon) to a full ten percent (Seattle area).

5. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 I HAVE THE POWER!

News Credits:
    It's the same as wave one packaging.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Diecast G2

Diecast G2 Transtectorless

News Credits:
    Awesome. These things sold out quickly at all my toy haunts, so hopefully wave 2 hits here soon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Diamondback

News Credits:
    Oh crap... guess that means I better find three Starscreams for G1-inspired repaints quick. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Nice find. I love the discovery of little bits of random, tiny transformers releases once in awhile

• Like Like x 1
  9. Diamondback

News Credits:
    Not quite, IIRC Series 1 had a red disc/blob label at top right.

Of course it's been so long since I completed Series 1 my memory could be fuzzy... long enough that I've been resorting to eBay Bot Shots to manage my jonesin' for a plasti-crack fix. lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. griffin-of-oz

News Credits:
    For anyone who comes across the blind bags on pegs, without the box to help you ID the 12 different toys through the tiny window on the back...
    IMG_8981.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  11. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

Awesome! My kids love these; I love that they're inexpensive AND transform (unlike the Tiny Titans).
    Thanks! :thumb 

You do know that these things are coded on the back, right?
    Series 1: Transformers Tiny Turbo Chargers Blind Pack Content Codes Revealed! | The Allspark

Unless you meant because we don't yet know the codes for Series 2... :confused: 

Why is Thundercracker called "Stealth SS" now? :lol 

12. Diamondback

News Credits:
    Other than somebody at Hasbro being lazy? That's no "Camo" scheme, that red stands out like a swift kick in the balls.

Oh well, maybe they'll use "Night Camo Starscream" to bring us Skywarp... LOL

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Was that in Hong Kong?

• Like Like x 1
  14. griffin-of-oz

News Credits:
    Yep, I know about the codes, but most of the wave 1 packs that I was looking at were hard to read the code.... so I just relied on colours and shapes through the window.
    I should be back at that store tomorrow to see if they have any left, so I can get a set... and if I can read the codes :p  I will post up a list (if one isn't already up somewhere already).

Yep.... found them at a second TRU here in HK today as well, and the box was almost empty already too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. griffin-of-oz

News Credits:
    Okay, good news - they do have a single letter stamped into the back of the packs like wave one, so if a list is posted up, that might help people.

Bad news... I wasn't able to read many of them, and didn't have enough time (before flying out of HK that day) to work them out or photograph them before I ripped open the packs to know which ones I had to go back into the store for (I only had 8 of the new 10 - I didn't get the Optimus or Bumblebee). And since most of the enclosed instructions had fallen out on the way back home, so I can't work it out now anyway. Besides, all of the packs are full of creases, which makes reading the letter pretty much impossible for my eyes.

Really bad news... I don't think Sqweeks was released in wave 2, despite being on the box. I spent over an hour and a half, searching through three whole cases and half way through a fourth, and identified every other toy from the wave EXCEPT Sqweeks. These cases are usually pretty good for full assortments, and not randomly filled at the factory, so it is really odd that I was able to find about 8 of each figure, except Sqweeks. And two of the cases were at the back of the shelf and looked untouched... so I can't imagine anyone would want to pick out all of the Sqweeks figures, because it isn't a priority character, and there will be hundreds of these Tiny Changers out there soon, so it isn't likely to be a rarity to be scalped online for big bucks.

If anyone did get Sqweeks, please let us know, as this was really weird for me... wasting over an hour and a half, looking for something that may not have been there to begin with.
    x10.jpg

16. Diamondback

News Credits:
    DAYUM... do these guys need a little love with the paint apps this wave or WHAT?! Even more so than the last...

17. Diamondback

News Credits:
    Re leaving one out: Wouldn't be unprecedented, if the final factory sample was found to be Unacceptable by Hasbro... when I was consulting on Axis & Allies War at Sea, we had them try to pass off a ship model at like 3/4 the size it should have been, so that set ended up being 39 miniatures instead of 40 because they killed that sculpt.

We ended up having to burn a new-sculpt slot in the NEXT set to get it right, so they screwed us not ONCE but TWICE. And then Hasblow Corporate decided to kill all of WOTC's miniatures lines and fire the entire design team over D&D 4E flopping... but that's a whole 'nother can o' worms.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    There was a picture of squeeks in hand(literally) circulating a while back, not clear who it was from or what. Think it was Asia obviously. So they must exist somewhere.

Bad luck sucks if you cant find him at all. Hopefully a few cases off and not a wider blunder.

19. Diamondback

News Credits:
    Sounds like we need a TFW "Help A Bro Out" program... when we find 'em, pick up one (just one, wanna be fair and allow other locals a shot too) for somebody who's not so lucky and announce its availability here.

20. griffin-of-oz

News Credits:
    Is this the photo you are thinking of?

If so, it came from unicron.com, and you can see the Black Grimlock in the back, which shows that those photos were taken at the NY Toyfair display (which you can see in one of the other photos, it has the black Grimlock next to the box on the display).

So unfortunately, it still doesn't reassure us that it made it through production, or if it was cancelled (if it was cancelled, I doubt it was over safety, as these things come apart quite easily, which already makes them a choking hazard for youngens... a cancelled figure would have to have a major design flaw that wasn't fixable before production of the other 11 figures was scheduled to start).

Then again, maybe it really is out there, and I just got really unlucky... so don't panic until someone else can verify the absence of this figure.